Register now to get rid of these ads!

question for you wiring pro's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sandimasguy, May 1, 2010.

1. sandimasguy

sandimasguy

i have a painless wiring harness in my car and the ones ive installed before have a pigtail that attaches and has the wires for the steering colmn coming off. this one doesnt seem to have that. anyone know where im supposed to attach the wires from the column? ive attached a picture of the fuse panel

Attached Files:

2. sandimasguy

sandimasguy

also any idea what wires are what on the this column?

Attached Files:

3. sandimasguy

sandimasguy

the wire colors are red, 2 blue ones that look tol be the same color blue, white , yellow, brown and black

4. The wires from the column don't go to the fuse block. They run through your taillight circut and brake lights. The wire colors don't do much good without knowing what the column is out of. Early GM is light blue to left front dark blue right front yellow left rear green right rrear white to brake switch purple to flasher.
    The Wizzard

5. big creep

big creep

6. big creep

big creep

did you figure it out?

7. duste01

duste01

8. sandimasguy

sandimasguy

im not sure which painless harness it is since it was in the car when i got it

9. sandimasguy

sandimasguy

how can i find out what column its from and tell tale signs? also is there a way to just hook power to one of the wires and test which one does what?

10. Yes you can use power and a test light. Power from the brake switch into the unit with the arm in nuteral will power up the rear light wires. Going left and right with arm will cancel one of the 2 rear wires. Arm left will make contact on 3 wires. One will be incoming power and be hot again with arm in oposite position with 2 diferent wires hot. That common wire between left and right will be for the flasher. Make sure the 4 way is not on while testing. Horn wire is generally black.
    The Wizzard

11. Rewired

Rewired
    from Fresno

You have a painless wiring fuse panel! Those are the ones you add your own wires to.No telling what colors the former owner used to power up your car.The only thing you can do is run continuity checks wire by wire at the panel where each is marked.