Register now to get rid of these ads!

What was your first car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36 Airstream, Apr 24, 2010.

1. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

My first car was a 1970 Datsun 510, 98cu in., 96 hp. 4speed. I am 6'4 and couldn't get my left leg comfortably on the clutch pedal, so I grabbed another seat rail from a scrap car and put it under the original, so I could slide the drivers seat right back against the rear seat.

Learned a huge amount on that car, rebuilt everything. I added +.030 flat top pistons out a 240z, ported and polished the head, added a sidedraft carb.

I remember racing a BMW 2002 along the Gardiner Expressway(Toronto, 1980) and I actually beat him! [​IMG]

I loved running the dirt roads up around Stoufville, used to blast along at about 90, and drift around corners on the gravel. 4 wheel independent suspension made it handle not too bad.

Car was eventually t-boned by a Chrylser land-barge(New Yorker). Bent the unibody pretty badly. Drove it home any way. Steering shook so badly, I had to let go of the wheel until 35 mph, then it went smooth again. Got the come along out as soon as I got home, parked it between two street lamps and chained to one, come along on the other side, pulled it mostly straight. Got another door from the wreckers, installed with drywall screws! Ah, the stuff you'll do when 18 and poor!:D

2. SuddenDeath

SuddenDeath
    from Florida

My first car was a 1969 Mustang Mach 1, Meadowlark Yellow, black interior, 351W 4V, 4 speed. Got in plenty of trouble with that car! Shag carpet on the dash, 8 track under the dash, 8 ball for shifter knob, lots of speakers. Had chrome reverse wheels and dual exhaust/glass packs.

Lots of memories. It was stolen while I was stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC in the Corps. Tried to track it down, but it was long gone.

3. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

My first car was the familys 56 Ford Customline 4dr. Engine lasted 3 weeks before I blew it up. 1st engine rebuild also on that car. 1st car I bought myself was a 56 Ford Crown Victoria. Damn I loved that car.

4. 36el

36el
    from sweden

Found a picture of my scond car bought it when i was 18,it is the wranch wagon on the picture

Attached Files:

5. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

1940 Nash Ambassador, straight eight, twin ignition, for door.
    Sat in my Aunt's garage for 14 years untouched. I bought it from her for 1$ when I was 14 years old.
    Perfect interior, great black paint, after I cleaned off about 1/2" of dust.
    Cheers,
    Bob

6. Tore

Tore

76 Taunus stv......worst car ever.

Attached Files:

• T23.jpg
      T23.jpg
      File size:
      5.5 KB
      Views:
  7. 1961 mint green Impala chevrolet 4-door sedan. 283 with turboglide. 2 barrel carb and 3" whitewall tires that came on it new and straight line tuning AM radio. 17000 miles. Changed to 3-speed manual trans before it went away forever never to be heard from again.

8. My first car was my 56 BelAir hardtop that I purchased at the close of my senior year of high school, 1964. I owned it for a very few months 'till my '57 came along. The '57 taught me a lot about body work, building and modifying engines and mostly 56\'s and 57 I owned_1.jpg honing the fine art of street racing.

9. HiHelix

HiHelix

Horse and buggy with a corn turbo...

10. cfmvw

cfmvw

My avatar 1960 VW, owned it for nearly 34 years now. Bought it off a used car lot for $850 with my paper route money (the last $50 was nickels, dimes and quarters). First car I ever stole; another salesman saw my uncle and I loading it on a trailer and, not knowing it had just been sold, called the police...oops!

11. 49clubcoupe

49clubcoupe
    from idaho

First car was a 66' Chrysler 300 2dr hardtop, 383 w/ 727, man that car would fly on the top end, not much light to light though. I sold the car to my brother in law. He sanded it to bare metal and lost interest, sat outside like this for years. It pissed me off every time I looked at it, not sure who he ended up selling it to.