Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm NEW here .. PONTIAC transfer lug can anyone get it right?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by steadyeddie, Apr 30, 2010.

1. steadyeddie

steadyeddie

I just purchased 2. 63 grand prixs for parts as a package deal for spare parts for my 63 gp 4 speed car ..
    the one has a fresh new engine that has never been started ' it is a SR engine
    it has the transfer lug . 2 freeze plugs and is 2 bolt main with only 2 motor mount holes .
    the problem is no one on the internet can get the **** right
    the block is a 543680 at the distributor hole so it should be a 1963 389
    but............... it is dated . sept 25 7 who knows what pontiac did with blocks sitting on the racks year after year. this engine is a SR CODE
    MEANING the dealer installed it . the block has no production line ID numbers other
    than the SR8 4748 9729 at the bottom of the block by the water pump inlet in a "T". pattern . most SR blocks had no ID numbers .. my question is why the late date on a pre 67 block .. confused in california ....... any replies welcomed

2. Maco-B

Maco-B

It might be a factory warranty. G.M. would actually have the dealers rebuild engines under warranty.Then re-stamp them back in the day. I've got a 396 like that.

3. rockguy92

rockguy92

Welcome from O-HI-O
    The Rock