Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nailhead with dynaflow question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by towaholic, Apr 28, 2010.

1. towaholic

towaholic
    from Rogers, mn

Got a 401 nailhead in a 61 invicta. The original carb is bad. had a good holley so we put that on and car runs great now. only issue is the kickdown linkage. I read through some threads and it seems to be an issue.

Has anybody figured out a way to run this setup?

2. nail-head

nail-head

Is there an aftermarket kickdown cable that will do the trick?

I put an Edelbrock on my 401, so it would have worked with my Dynaflow kickdown, but I also swapped in a '65 ST400 transmissioin and the kickdown linkage for a Dynaflow wouldn't work. I solved the problem with a Lokar kickdown cable.

3. Andy_H

Andy_H

I ended making a mount off the back, driver side carb stud to reverse the direction of the cable. Basically I mounted a lever with the pivot in the center of the lever (I actually figured out the ratio of both pulls and that determined the exact location of the pivot. Then I hooked a solid rod from the carb linkage to the top of this lever. Next I hooked the tranny linkage to the bottom of the lever. What this ended up doing was when the tranny linkage was "pulled" the lever changed the direction and made the rod on the top of the lever "push" the carb linkage. This has seemed to worked good so far. Unfortunately my car is not here so I can't take a picture of it. Good luck and PM if you have any more questions.

Andy