Register now to get rid of these ads!

Repo Fulton Visor SUCKS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theorangecouch, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theorangecouch

theorangecouch

Man, I bought a Repo Fulton Visor from Brothers, what a piece of crap. Nothing fit together properly, none of the screws would tighten. I mean for a stiff $500.00 the thing should be nicer. Im sending it back as soon as possible. IF YOUR THINKING OF BUYING ONE DONT WAST YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!! Like my Dad always said "Bought knowledge is the best knowledge" Anyone have an OG one in good shape hit me up.

2. Muttley

Muttley

That sucks, make sure you tell them why you are sending it back. It's unlikely but maybe they arent aware of the issues with the visors.

3. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

An orginal Fulton just sold on ebay for $209. I always see some NOS Fultons go for about $400. Even at Pomona swap meet, I see them priced lower then the cost of a repop, so why would anybody bother to spend $500 for a repop.

Cosmo49 likes this.
  4. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

your right! I installed one for a customer when they first came out and what a nightmare that was ill never do it again!! they do suck!!

5. Most of the Fulton's on ebay are beat up ones with missing parts or hail damage.

There are a few ebay sellers that like to slop cheapo paint all over all the dents & hail damage on their visors & then they try to pawn them off as "restored"..... so C.Y.A. when buying used Fulton's on ebay.

We always have a nice selection of good used original Fulton's avaliable.

We also have a few NOS ones in the original Fulton boxes.

fultonlineup.JPG IMG_5074.JPG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  6. theorangecouch

theorangecouch

man. those look good. Hit me up if you have any you want to sell.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  7. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm pretty sure that's part of his business and they're all for sale.

8. theorangecouch

theorangecouch

Bought one from "Mother Trucker" thanks

9. johnnyjalopy

johnnyjalopy

10. godsmack555

godsmack555
    from burlington

If you have these visors for sale how much and do you have one that will fit a 1952 chevrolet pickup .thanks

11. loupeestuff

loupeestuff

It is great to hear the truth regarding these repops !! We have been collecting Fulton info and accessories for years and so tired of repop people calling us and looking for pieces to fix these repops ,, Stay original and no problems !! We have the largest sunvisor info sheet collection in the country and love to help folks find the right " correct" visors for their projects. If we can help anyone you can contact us at [email protected]. We believe the visor makes the car or truck . lots of info for free and visors for sale !! Thanks and cruise on !!:cool:

Matt Young likes this.
  12. We have been getting a few requests for more info. on the original Fulton's so, we thought we would post some more info. on the Fultons here.

There were several different configurations made on the Fulton visors.
    The most commonly seen are the 700 & 800 series.

The 700 series had flatter wings that were squared off on the ends & they used slightly higher mounting "Dog Bone" end brackets.

700 Series....

Img_4339.jpg

[​IMG]

The 800 series had visor wings that were more rounded & had rounded ends along with a slightly lower mounted "Dog Bone" end brackets.

800 Series......

Img_6304.jpg

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  13. LIL ANGE.

LIL ANGE.
    from Long Beach

nice visors they looks good, i went with a og deitrich visor on my 48, i didnt wanna bother with the repo stuff

14. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I know this thread is old but ever since those mickey mouse Fultons hit the market, the price of original sunvisors (not just fultons) have gone up to 4, 5, 6 hundred dollars whereas before they were selling for 2 to 3 hundred. Also, Brothers isn't what it used to be.

15. mother trucker---- where are you guys located at in AZ

16. I remember when you could buy Fulton sunvisors at the Pomona swapmeet all day long for $50 a whack..... but...... that was back in the late 70's.

[​IMG]

17. rob little

rob little
    from Michigan

what would you price one for a 49 dodge truck

18. There are alot of old Fulton's out there that are incomplete.

This will help I.D. missing parts on the 800 series Fulton visors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. frenchy13

frenchy13
    from Cypress tx

I'm looking for one for my chevy 1952 P/u can you send me your price please. [email protected]

20. Bushman50

Bushman50
    from Davenport

mother trucker, old post I know- but looking for an 800 series fulton for a 50 ford shobox. hit me up if you have any available or could point me in the right direction!

21. budgetbuilt50

budgetbuilt50
    from san jose

I know it's an old topic, but in regards to the pics mothertrucker posted, does anyone know if the DOG BONES are universal?

i got a set of 800 series coming in, Will the 800 series bones fit the 700 series visor or vise versa???

22. Yes you can mix & match the 700 & 800 series dog bones but there is about a 1" difference between them in height & the 700 mounting tabs are in slightly different places which mounts the 700 visor higher in relation to the roof... which means the dog bone switch may work on some vehicles but, not so good on others.
    Img_2839.jpg

There were 2 other 700/800 model bogbone brackets that cannot be interchanged as they only fit specific applications....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  23. dugan

dugan

24. space cowboy

space cowboy

Hey Mother Trucker! I'm looking for a Fulton to fit my 1937 IHC D2 pickup, and also one to fit my 1951 Chevy COE. I really like the 800 series, but a complete 700 series wouldn't hurt my feelings any, either! (Whichever fits!) Drop me a line here or at: [email protected] anytime! Thanks!:) You can call me at: (919)-770-4931 anytime as well!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  25. Heres a couple of pics of my 1941 Plymouth that I sold earlier this yr.....this visor was a Fulton but as you can see the brackets are completely different......I polished them as they were alloy.....I like shinney things.......lol.....can anyone tell me what type of Fulton Visor this is/was.........still miss the car.....boohoo......thanks, andyd

Attached Files:

26. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I think those are the 1000 series

27. The Plymouth has a Fulton Deluxe 1022 series visor on it.

fultondeluxe1000ebaypos.jpg fulton 1000.jpg

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  28. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

MotherTrucker....is Fulton the main mfg. who made visors? I have one that was given to me and I have no idea what it fits or who made it. I have a 50 chevy, but its wider and the curve doesnt seem to be the right shape. I couldn't find a part number or anything. Any good way to find out what it fits???

29. There were a lot of different aftermarket companies that made sun visors in the 40's & 50's..... Fulton was the biggest & they produced millions of visors & there are still a lot of them out there.

Post a picture of your unknown visor & I will do my best to I.D. it.

30. Mother, thanks for the info, even tho' I had this visor I always thought that this type looked neater than the other style with the dogbone brackets, but that's just my thoughts........one other question........I had never seen a Fulton visor here in Oz until I got mine and I was curious about its finish, ie, whilst it was painted black on top, the underside and all the other areas were zinc chromate, exactly the same finish that WW2 era aircraft were painted in to stop corrosion and I wondered whether a stockpile of coated alloy sheets was a reason for the original manufacture of the visors........of course if they were around pre WW2 then that shoots that theory down............lol........thanks for the info........regards, andyd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.