Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. econolow

econolow
    from Ladner BC

Just looking around for econo sheetmetal and found this on ebay-http://stores.ebay.com/American-Muscle-Car-Parts .
    Both rear corners which I havent seen with the usual stuff youll find at Mac's or Dennis Carpenter.
    I'm looking for a rear roll pan if anyone is parting one out.
    Later

2. 12packo94s

12packo94s

Hi Guys

Last night my dad bought a nice 66 Econoline pickup that he is gonna start doing some changing on.

The question is if anyone has or has access to the Deluxe Side Trim for one of these things??? He would really like to add that if we can happen to find some ( i have a feeling finding it may be kinda tough).

Thanks
    Nick

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

There was no "deluxe" model. I think what you're thinking of is the Falcon van side trim. The Falcon was the closest thing to a "deluxe" with extra interior parts and broad trim spears on the side (the only model with side trim at all). I don't think any of the pickups had it, but since they share all the same lower panels, the Falcon trim fits.

4. 12packo94s

12packo94s

The trim he is looking for is the same as on Coupe-de-Cab 's truck from the bottom of 5th page of this thread. We thought about the van trim but the passanger side would be seperated for the rear side doors on the van model.

5. thecruger

thecruger

not an econoline but was my ride till last fall, sold it off to play with something else.

[​IMG]

6. Hellfish

Hellfish

Yep, Falcon trim. I don't think it was offered on pickups, but I could be wrong.

7. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Econolow.......I've got several parts from Owens salvage (Bob is a GREAT guy) and recently a few odds and ends from a guy named Terry Turner in North Carolina. Maybe they can help with the roll pan and such?

8. econolineherb

econolineherb

Terry , Eugene and Jay are some of the guys i talked to on the Econoline group long ago . Did my first mod with Eugene's oil to paper air filter setup .

9. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Just put a couple things for sale in the parts classfieds.

later, Bill

10. econolow

econolow
    from Ladner BC

Hey Church, thanks for the info bud!
    Just dropped the fuel tank and lines yesterday, blew em out pretty black and gross in there. Got her running for the first time in a year, and hell did that feel good. Needs a good carb cleaning, and we'll be roastin some tires again soon.

11. diamond dave

diamond dave

i gots me a 61 to use as my shop truck. it's a little beat, but the 170 runs really good. i think i'm gonna start drivin it instead of the 50.

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

I believe Eugene passed away a few years ago. Fred is here on the HAMB and is a wealth of Econo knowledge though.

13. econolineherb

econolineherb

Yes , Eugene has passed . There's acouple Econo groups i'm in . Great help and cool stories .

14. econolineherb

econolineherb

I have talked to Fred , great interior man . Been with the groups many years .

15. ZRX61

ZRX61
    from The AV

I've wanted one for eons... one day I'll have one :)

When I bought my house about 14 years ago there was an abandoned Corvair van in the back yard. It ended up going to scrap when the previous owners were clearing the property as a condition of the sale...

16. econolow

econolow
    from Ladner BC

I remember about 7 years ago I had trouble finding one and now that I got one I see them for sale all over the place! Murphy's Law I guess.

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

If something can go wrong, it will?

18. econolow

econolow
    from Ladner BC

I guess I need to educate myself on Murphys law.
    Blackhawks/Canucks tomorrow eh Hellfish. It's gonna be a fun one to watch!

19. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

Got all my wiring in order on the Econoline. Got the lights, horn and wipers going so it will pass an inspection. Real close to having it back on the road.

Later,
    Chad

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  20. Hellfish

Hellfish

1LowTrk, Kansas, FoMoCoPower, Lowpunk, and TigerMark came over the past 2 Saturdays and helped me get my van wired. Everything works now... but I have the wrong starter. Nuts! No time to fix it before the Hunnert Car Heads Up drags either. :(

21. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

23. fmc56

fmc56
    from RI

Nick,
    The driver's side trim from a 63-65 Falcon Deluxe Club Wagon will work on the driver's side and passenger's side of the pickup. Both the white truck and black truck in the photos are 65's that came with the trim. The 66-67's used a narrow trim. Although you can use the van trim on a pickup the driver's side long peice is angled at the back so when you install it on the passenger side the angle is going the wrong way, not too noticeable. The blue van has the 66-67 trim on it. They are out there so keep looking. I have a few extra pieces for the doors but none of the long side peices.
    Fred

Attached Files:

24. Tim G

Tim G

That orange one looks so sweet, is that pic from the 70's?

25. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I don't think so since there is a Ford Tuarus peeking out in the back ground. :D:D:D Nice van!

Later, Bill

26. Tim G

Tim G

Haha never noticed that :D

27. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

nope that was taken the other day haha. my cell takes shitty pictures haha

28. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

[​IMG]

i did however get the scallops sanded off and painted. time to put my pinstriping logos on. lowered it in microsoft paint haha

29. tatfink

tatfink
    from Atlanta

there was an Econoline pickup called the Spring Special that offered the deluxe side trim, white dash and seats, chrome bumpers...mine is a 1965 Spring Special

30. VanGirl

VanGirl

[​IMG] These are my two vans... Not done with them just starting on the outsides soon, both running and crazy driving!!!!