Register now to get rid of these ads!

did they make 40 willys vert

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32v, Dec 28, 2009.

1. One of Franklin Roosevelt's admirers made a Willys rag top for him which is on display at his home in Warm Springs, Georgia. Looks real cool too.....

2. GlenC

GlenC

Here ya go... Aussie 40 Willys 2 door phaeton, not a roadster though. this one's been round the rod scene for many years, Holden 6 powered from memory. I put a mate onto a 40 coupe in a shed in Sydney in the early 80's and when he bought it, there was a 40 convertible sitting next to it, both were dead stock and had been in storage since the early 60's.

Cheers, Glen.

Attached Files:

3. talker

talker

not to hijack the thread.but why do the rear fenders look like thay don,t fit them body

Talker

4. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Did some research the last time this subject came up. FDR's convertable was a coupe body made into a convert. and given to him as a gift from the Willys company. They did not make a production convertible in the USA. Notice the running boards, only on FDRs. 40's had rocker panels. I live down the block from FDR and am a Willys owner so this really caught my interest.
    Pat

5. 1934coupe is right. When I saw that car in Warm Springs it was outside in a glass encloser. The sign on it confirmed what he said. FDR liked open cars and the gate to that place could be pushed open with a car and it closed after you. Cool place.

6. moparron426

moparron426

here is one that was at cruise nite a few weeks back(but it is a glass car):D

body was made from a steel car....

Attached Files:

7. rambler guy

rambler guy

I recall seeing a Willy convert drive thru an intersection in LA when I was just a kid...but a kid who really knew cars even then !
    I remember that it just blew me away !

8. belair

belair

I just can't believe they ever made a stock Willys!:)

9. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

10. Stovebolt Boy

Stovebolt Boy

that stock pics are really cool, thanks for sharing ... in my eye´s that 37 and 40-41 Willy´s are the only cars, that look best, when they are stock... and topless :D