Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. How's this?

Attached Files:

2. LabRat

LabRat

Hi guru's , this merc showed up on another tread as an old custom , anyone feel like giving it a paint job , add some nice caps an put it in the weeds ?
    [​IMG]

3. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

i couldnt leave it unfinished. :D the problem with graphics is finding a clean image to use as your template. i had one hell of a time finding flames. im not proud of it but heres what i came up with

[​IMG]

4. Here's a rough idea...

Attached Files:

5. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

the lazy way i did it lost the original pinstriped, finished feel but here you go

[​IMG]

6. Not an easy one. Maybe someone else can do a better job?

Attached Files:

7. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Thanks man!! I needed that

8. HotRodNisse

HotRodNisse

Opel Kapitän GASSER P2 1959-63

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  9. Chieftec160

Chieftec160

I need some inspiration to wrench on that thing, I was thinking taildragger! One picture with ass on the ground and second with skirts maybe? Thanks!
    [​IMG]

10. Bit late I see...oh well...

[​IMG]

11. skoh73

skoh73

WOW James! Incredible work on the shoebox!

12. Thank you Skoh. Did it last night, but I don´t have the internet at home right now, so I have to post them when i get to work.

13. [​IMG]

Really like this as a two door chop...

[​IMG]

14. justford

justford
    from KY

I am amazed at the talent on this board. As I know nothing about photoshop is it possible to remove the background and shorten the antennas on this pic? If so I would appreciate seeing what it would look like. I love looking at this thread.
    Thanks

[​IMG]

15. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Custom Crestline:
    I played around with your car last night and finished it this morning.

I really like the green so I went with that for the bottom. It looks good with a white top, and pearl would give it a nice and subtle pop. My software doesn't render pearls too well, so I left it as is.

When I was doing the front, I left the wheel arch, intending to finish it in green later. But as I looked at it, I really liked the contrast and the way it defined the arch, so I kept it. You could do it in a pearl white to match the top, and something similar at the back. Or do the wheel arches in chrome, like the '53-54 Packard Caribbeans, one of my favs from that era.

Do you plan to use any side trim? Something long and narrow might be nice, either full-length or rear quarter into the door.

Attached Files:

• zzz.jpg
      zzz.jpg
      File size:
      326.9 KB
      Views:
  16. HotRodNisse

HotRodNisse

GAZ 21 Volga is one of my dream cars... good job James D !! :)

17. HotRodNisse

HotRodNisse

:cool:

Attached Files:

18. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

lower the opacity of the wheel layers and they wont look so bright. looks sharp though!

19. perk30

perk30

ClayMart,

I hadn't checked this thread in a few days so was surprised to see your handiwork. Thanks. Can you change the color of the scallops to a burgundy color or put burgundy flames on her? Thanks for you efforts and talent.:)

20. THANK YOU James and Rikko awesome job fellas! I may be sold on the flat gold!!

josh

21. lorodz

lorodz

rikko<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_5177221", true); </SCRIPT>
    FNG

[​IMG]
    dude that looks perfect ..wow didnt think it could look cool this way too..thanks

22. Silverado85

Silverado85

Got this car and wanted to metalflake the roof. Green flake? White? I don't know what would look the best with original patina below. Finally got a picture on board. Any help on a 'new look" would be appreciated. Have White Pearl interior. Thanks PS Gurus.
    [​IMG]

23. Jim Mac

Jim Mac

Quick photoshop of my HHR.... I wanted to see what it would look like as a Nomad!

[​IMG]

Or maybe as a sedan delivery:

[​IMG]

24. Hey, thanks! I'm putting the stock stainless on it, its gonna make the car look a lot longer. Thanks again man, I appriciate the work! Now I just need to get thrashing on the body work and get the car ready for some paint.

25. I was just getting used to the purple but shifted the color to more of a maroon or burgundy and it don't look too bad that way either. Had to try painting the wheels on one shot to see what that looked like. Who wants to tackle some flames on it?

BurgundyGold_01.jpg

BurgundyGold_02.jpg

I'll be sending you a bill for patching that ugly crack in your driveway! :rolleyes:

Coming up on page 200 pretty soon! I sure hope Mehitabel shows up for the party! :D

26. Chris VCR

Chris VCR

Anyone give this one a shot?
    [​IMG]

27. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Since I saw my name in the inquiry...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Low budget quickie.

[​IMG]

29. Work intensive version, to make the car look how it should have looked when they built it!

[​IMG]

(Z shaped surfboards ARE the future!)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  30. Silverado85

Silverado85

Original Patina - Hey that's is over the top! Thanks a million. I've never seen a Black metal flake - I love it. Wonder if I could pull it off. Bought some green flake but the Black takes the cake for me. I bought a black painted Visor that's not on yet and I could put that on too. Thanks!