Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. walker

walker

Central in Phoenix.

2. HRod 50

HRod 50

Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, Florida... 1987 Honda Accord..... Ugh, what was I thinking?

3. sledish

sledish

South Main Street, Salinas Ca. In my 55 Chevy. in the late 80"s

4. tommythecat79

tommythecat79

Everyone used to cruise North Avenue in Junction it was pretty lame.

5. 59cruiser

59cruiser

cruised peoria (brookside) Tulsa, Oklahoma in the late 70s in my 57 chevy and dads 59 elcamino, which i still have.

6. burnout2614

burnout2614

Alexander City AL, Sonic to Hardees to Buck's DQ to Sonic.............. in my 73 Comet Gt 1979-81 peace

7. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Dodge street,Omaha in the 80's until the city decided to enact a no cruising law. Fucking fun police in this town.

8. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Bristol Connecticut the Bristol "Plaza" was the first "Big" shopping center around. On special occasions to watch "Big Bucks" street racing a trip down to the "Berlin turnpike" was in the cards as it was home to several speed shops and hot rod builders.

9. speedmill

speedmill
    from loveland

Speedway Indiana, on Crawfordsville Road had Frisch's Big Boy(which was adjacent to I 74, the best street dragstrip in the area). We used to make a big loop, probably 60 miles to hit all the drive-ins in the Indy area. Park Eat in Ben Davis, south side Tee Pee on Madison Ave, Al Greens on east Washington, north side Tee Pee on 38th and the Pole on 16th. We were just "bored to death" lookin' for some action and rarely found it. Had more fun working on the car with my buds.

10. We cruised the circuit along the river in Harrisbug, Pa. Girls, beer, Spot chili dogs (made with genuine Alpo) and breaking shit racing across the Harvey Taylor bridge. They shut us down sometime in the 80's....

11. shemp

shemp
    Alliance Vendor

San Jose. 1st street between St. James park and San Salvador St. After looping around several times we would park in the lot across from the "Big Bear" Brake shop on the corner, and then watch all the other cars till 1 or 2 am.

12. 33 5 window coupe

33 5 window coupe

Cruised main street from penguin point to us 30 in columbia city indiana.street raced on 205 at the edge of town 1/4 and 1/8 mile

13. krupanut

krupanut

Ditto!

US 287 / Main Street Longmont.
    Now there's a law against it.:mad:

What a great scene it used to be. I had a 58 Chevy Delray, my buddies had a 57 210, 36 Buick Coupe, 64 Galaxy, 56 Buick 4-door hardtop. This was in the early-mid 80s. Main looked like a scene from American Graffiti

14. Chemin

Chemin

King St in Kitchener with Corey Hart blasting. We were such losers! :cool:

15. tamagrouchy

tamagrouchy

Lake Street, Aurora IL in the 80's in a '67 Fairlane ragtop. It was just before the lowriders moved in and the cops shut it down. Also used to drag race on the farm roads in Oswego. There was one lone strip that even had the 1/4 mile markings on it. Ah the good old days. Now all that land is covered with subdivisions.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  16. 1962-1964...In my '51 Ford cnvertible, Cruised the HOT spot of Arlington, VA., N. Glebe Rd. between Rt.50 and Lee Highway and circled the 2 TOPS DRIVE-IN's, and listened to WEAM & WPGC radio dedications. Actually saw one or two real Hot Rods and Kustoms every summer. Drag raced "H Road" just east of the Pentagon because it was patrolled only by Federal Government Cops and they only chased you to the county line then quit, never did got caught.:D
    Anybody out there ever heard of it :confused:.

17. Michael_e

Michael_e

If you lived in Kirksville, Missouri in the mid 60's, you crused the "Square." Kirksville was the county seat for Adair county and they have this nice stately courthouse in the center of downtown. And there were one way streets all around the courthouse. So if you always turned left, you would make a circle and if you could idle down to about 3-4 miles per hour, you would always catch the next light. So, you could just idle around in circles all night talking to friends as they did the same. After circling the square for awhile, you could always take off and head north to the A & W and get a root beer and look at the cute car hops, or, maybe get a drag challenge with someone and head south to the 'Duals.' The Duals were a short (2 miles or so) section of state highway by the old Holiday Inn. There was a crossing right before the duals headed south merged back to a 2 lane road where you would turn around, get about a 10 mph rolling start, someone yell go, and you both would nail it. The next crossing was right at a 1/4 mile. A lot has changed since then...

18. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Hollywood Blvd and Ventura Blvd.

19. skullhat

skullhat

i remember crusing van nuys blvd, colorado blvd in passedena , and i beleive it was main street in ventura
    also made a few laps on whittier blvd in whitteir.......all these are in socal for you furriners

skull

20. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

Second Street, El Cajon, California and East Valley Parkway in Escondido, California.

21. mprice

mprice
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Washington

El Camino Real South San Francisco to as far as the gas would take us.
    64 Falcon Sprint. Back then you could trade a beer for all you could eat at the Jack.

22. bowtie40

bowtie40

Wow man, me too!!!, Fri. nite was Valley blvd. in Alhambra, cruizin Hanry's then up Pasadena, Both Bob's on Colorado blvd. Sometimes we would find a race On Rosemead blvd. or Flair road in Rosemead, along the 10 freeway. Wow this shit makes my brain spin...

23. bowtie40

bowtie40

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  24. bowtie40

bowtie40

Lotta racin' out of Harvey's back in the sixty's, serious racin' B.K.

25. spinalremains

spinalremains

Francis Lewis Blvd...Queens NY

26. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Hope they are successful.. Cruized the loop in 85 and 86 when i first moved to the Seattle area. Met my wife while cruizing thru the old K-Mart parking lot just off the loop.

27. Tat-2

Tat-2
    from SoCal

I used to do the exact same thing in the 70's.....And we had to watch out for Buster Schnieder when downtown.....The Scotchman owner came out and took a pic of my Mustang one night and put it up inside......

28. SkipinHouston

SkipinHouston

Slappy Drive, Albany Georgia, circa 1962 in my dad's '60 Ford 2-door ranch wagon.
    What I couldn't figure out back then was, why all those old bastards had all the cool cars.
    Now, some 45 years later I finally figured it out.
    Thanks for a blast from the past.
    Skip in Houston

29. tgabbe1934

tgabbe1934
    from smithtown

Deer park ave, on long island! started out fun, some street racing cool cars...but then it became iroc-z's mustangs, and loud music! And oh yeah lots of cops!

30. Ironswims

Ironswims
    from Illinois

Telegraph and Woodward, The 'burbs of Detroit. :D