Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. McHenry Ave. in Modesto.

'85/86 with my brother and older friends... and then '86-1990 (I think) when they closed it down.

What a blast.

Sam

2. hkestes

hkestes

Main Street in Joplin, MO late 70's into eary 80's. First in a 48 Plymouth Business Coupe, then a 62 Impala, last in a 73 Cuda with a built 383.

3. oilcangarage

oilcangarage
    from N. Spokane

I shouldn't let you youngsters in on this secret but.... It was all about the Hi Karate, Frampton on the 8 track and plenty of Oly beer!

4. LOWMOTIONCARCLUB

LOWMOTIONCARCLUB
    from auburn, wa

the youngster trying to bring part of the renton loop back these last couple weeks....

i never cruise the loop i was too young but i always hit up 1st ave in seatttle and chill at homeplate parking then to dicks burgers...

5. cruised 6th ave in tacoma from 66 - 70. used to work at carl's 6th ave. douglas gas station thru those same years at night. saw some awesome cars.

6. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Cruised Archer ave southwest side of Chicago.Lotsa fun lotsa late nites lotsa memories.

7. Govanstown, York Road, between Northern Pkwy & Woodbourne Ave, Baltimore, MD. The other crusin' alley was Loch Raven Blvd & Taylor Ave, at the drive-in of course, can anybody guess the name? :confused:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

1962-3 Norwalk,Ct. Westport Av. and Ct. Av. Not great, but not bad.

9. backroads

backroads

north ave.
    grand junction, co

10. Drewski

Drewski

Living in Carpinteria, Ca. 63-64, used to cruise State st. in Santa Barbara on friday and saturday night. I'll never forget the gray 55 chevy that ran a chain driven blower on a small block. He scared the hell out of me the first time he pulled up next to me at a red light. It sounded like a thrashing machine.

Later moved back to Nashville, Tn, used to cruise the circuit around Music city to all the Shoney's Big Boys, also Church street and West End. Many great memories......

Drewski

11. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

55 Chevy - 10th Street
    McAllen Texas

12. My family moved a lot.
    I was driving a tri-power GTO back then and would go "Mopar hunting"
    If it was a bright color Mopar with wings or scoops I'd try to get them in a race.

1971 Junior year, Fontana, CA: cruised E Street in San Berdo
    sometimes on Saturday we'd head to Whittier Blvd in LA

1971 Junior year, Bakersfield, CA: Chester Avenue (some full-on race cars there)
    Stayed in Pismo Beach for the summer and cruised Broadway in Santa Maria

1972 Senior year, Carver Oregon, cruised Broadway in Portland (buncha' pussies)

13. nail-head

nail-head

'77-80, Pat Booker Road in Universal City, near San Antonio, was our home turf...we cruised Walzem Road in San Antonio when we were lookin' for trouble with the Roosevelt boys.

14. Grew up in NJ, Used to cruise up & down Blackwell St. in Dover then over to Sip N Sup in Parsippany weeknights, down to Asbury Park weekends. Moved to Pa '72 and cruised Northampton St in Easton and Hamilton St and the Parkway in Allentown.

15. thenuke1

thenuke1
    BANNED

i didn't, when i was in high school i drove a 96 sentra ...

16. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Chicago, did the 2 6 run and went out to Topp's in Berwyn

blew out the carbon on Route 66 now & then

17. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

In NWI we used to Cruise:

the 4 lanes Broadway in Merrillville, IN from McDonalds on the south end to Burger King on the north in its last days 85-87

2 lanes of Lincolnway in Valparaiso, IN from the West end at Old Court House Square to McDonalds on the East End 85-88

2-4 lanes of Lincolnway in Laporte, IN from Burger King on the West end to The Bank on the East end up until 88-91 or 92.

It was pretty much killed off after that.

I had a Blue 70 Firebird with a Formula Hood in the Merrillville/Valpo Days, and a 72 TA 455HO/4spd in the LaPorte days....still have them....both not running and just sitting

18. kruizin

kruizin

Barton Street east and west..Hamilton Ontario Canada...in any thing we found runnin...lol..

19. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

Broadway Ave. Mattoon, Ill 1974-1979

20. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

Early 80's cruised 2nd street in El Cajon - 70 Buick GS stage 1 and a 62 nova.
    Sometimes would go up to Valley Parkway in Escondido and went to Van Nuys Blvd in LA a couple times.

Late 80's it was the Vons parking lot in Clairmont CA, then would race on old highway 15 in front of the Miramar airbase.

Good times.

21. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Don't remember a chain driven blower but Jack Evans had a Grey bad ass 55 and used to cruise state street around that time he couldn't be beat.

22. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Broadway Ave. Greenville Oh. Long nights and great times !!!

23. 1hotstude

1hotstude

I raced at Checkered flag in a 1934 Ford 1/2 ton in primer with only three drum brakes.......line had broken on the 4th, so my bud just plugged it....too stupid to realize I should have at least disconnected one more and just have the back brakes. A wicked pull!!! Raced a 442-light blue!
    Also cruised "The Gut" from Herfys hamburgers on the North end of Everett, to Herfys hamburgers on the South end of Everett in my 1969 "Screamin Urine" Mustang-my first car...and still have it too, matter of fact! Big "Gilette" 60 series tires , headers and glass packs, and tape deck! Spent all my pennies on Herfy burgers, I loved those years!!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  24. JackdaRabbit

JackdaRabbit
    from WNC

Freehold, NJ second half of the 60's from the bus station to the market yard entrance. "This is your hometown"

25. 553964spd

553964spd
    from bristol tn

122nd ave Portland, Or. corvette yellow 55 chevy 2dr post 350 4spd too much cam and not enough of everything else.David Douglas HS.

26. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Anchorage....................Alaska............
    I think the road was Northern Lights....I forget.

27. Ahh, cruisin the Boulevard. And parking in the lots along the way just to hang out. What memories.....
    Many young'uns, myself included, used to cruise Missouri Blvd in Jeff City. It was either that or cruisin the back roads. And it still goes on though just not near as much.

28. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Erie Boulevard in Syracuse NY. Lots of action out there all the time, The cops shut it all down in 2000-2001 now there is a new hangout nearby for a couple of jokers with some beater cars, what a shame.

29. jhnarial

jhnarial
    from MISSOURI

Noland road and North Oak.

Metallica and a 12 sec Camaro, those were the days, and gas was only 88c a gallon. Life was good:D

If I blew my Muncie 4 speed on Friday night I could pick up a new one in the Sunday classifieds for 150 bucks.

30. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

McHenry ave , modesto , ca
    Geer road , valley cinema/taco bell parking lot , turlock , ca
    91'-94' 55 chevy truck , 66 chevy truck , 67 chevelle