Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest ***5th Annual Mid-West HAMB-b-q Thank You!!***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NoSurf, Apr 26, 2010.

1. NoSurf

NoSurf

Wow.

What a weekend.

I just want to thank everyone who participated in the 5th Annual Mid-West HAMB-b-q. I and my family had a great time.

Here are a few pictures I took:

First casualty:

[​IMG]

Mmmmmm bbq:

[​IMG]

Cars in front of the shop:

[​IMG]

Robertrj's sweet pickup. This thing sounded awesome!:

[​IMG]

Zach made it. Here's his new econoline at Orosco's in Kanopolis:

[​IMG]

Two wagoons. Kerry and KCTA-Chris at Kuntz's:

[​IMG]

I had such a great weekend. Everyone helps out and the whole event is pretty laid back. You guys are what make it happen. Nate for the flyer artwork, BScott for the dash plaques. Greezy for the ribs and homemade mac-n-cheese Friday night. Steve KCMongo for staying up until 4:30am Saturday to help pull the last 2 shoulders. Chris Beemer for bringing the projector for the movies. Thanks Robin for the AD running board. Chris 2muchstuff for the buns. Bruce enginepro5x for the SAUSAGE! John prototypedesignflauz for the bbq beans. Dallas for the coleslaw. Guisearts parents for the flatware and help serving... I could go on and on. EVERYONE helps out in some way.

I had a great time. The cruise went very well, over 200 miles driven and nobody got lost or had any mechanical trouble. We took longer than I anticipated, but that's what is so great about the HAMB-b-q, we are having so much fun just being together that schedules really aren't important.

We had HAMBers from New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri and Kansas. There were 28 adults and 8 kids for the special tour of The Garden Of Eden. The weather was perfect. Rained while we all under the canopy at Kuntz's. Thanks to everyone who made the trip!

Can't wait for next year!!!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  2. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

awesome dude. wish i could have been there. someday...

3. NoSurf

NoSurf

My favorite pic so far:

"Old School"

[​IMG]

Beemer's T, pic by his wife.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  4. Good job Jay! I finally got to meet Mr S P Dinsmoor.

5. raven

raven

Man, what a time. We really need name tags so all us 'unsocial' types can put a name to the face... :)
    r

6. NoSurf

NoSurf

Good idea. You are in charge of that next year!

7. Funny thing Jay, Sat AM I was drinking the exact same Root Beer! mmmmmmmm

8. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

looks like that was a great time!

9. raven

raven

Volunteered by the boss. :)
    r

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  10. Fritzbaldm furnished the Sausage so the thanks go out to him !! I was just in charge of putting the scald on it !! >>>>.

11. Anyone who says Kansas is boring or ugly wasn't with us this weekend. It's also not completely flat, just ask the econoline :D

12. The weekend could not have been any better. The perfect cap was cruising in the Impala back to your place Jay with my new buddy Mason and getting absolutely soaked.

13. Some nice looking iron to match the day !!! And the kids were having a blast !!! >>>>.[​IMG]

14. Beemer

Beemer

A big thanks to Jay for doing this every year. The drive this year was great!

Here's a few more pictures....

At the Garden of Eden in Lucas.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Denmark, KS
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Beemer

Beemer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I broke away from the group at Lincoln to take advantage of a couple photo oportunities...

Lincoln Co Courthouse
    [​IMG]

Old School...:D

[​IMG]

I've got an album in my profile with a few more pictures that I'll add some more to later.

16. raven

raven

Man, Beemer.
    Where'd you find that old school?

Who'd of thought that looking at/in some old buildings would be such fun?
    Only Hambers.
    r

17. Beemer

Beemer

You guys passed right by it on your way back to Abilene. It was just about a half mile north of the highway between Lincoln and the small town of Tescott. Someone used it to store straw bales so the floor is a dicey at best, but we managed to get in and out without incedent.

18. TexasDart

TexasDart

What's the story behind the Garden of Eden.

19. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

20. wizzard23

wizzard23

Thank you Jay and everyone. Had a great time. Good food and neat people! I do wonder about Jay's ability to judge characture though, I'd only met him an hour before he had me leading the group!

21. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Jay,looks like another great time. Knowing you and your family I can only imagine the great hospitality that goes along with this event. I'm not going to post a bunch of lame excuse's why I didn't make again this year but hopefully next year I will be there.
    What a great bunch of people. Hope to see you all somewhere this year, nice job Jay. Gary

22. Jay's cool like that. Although, I secretly believe he just wanted to watch your sweet Chevy cruising for awhile.

23. wizzard23

wizzard23

His Model A looked waaaaaaay kool in my rearview!!!!!!!:D

24. robertrj

robertrj

Jay had a great time! I put over 400 miles on the truck, great shakedown. I even beat the rain going home. It was great to meet a lot of the Hamb'ers.

Here are a couple of pics I took.

Attached Files:

25. NoSurf

NoSurf

Here's a great pic of Dilusi's awesome chevy taken by my friend Larry:

[​IMG]

26. NM Sandrail

NM Sandrail
    Member Emeritus

Good Morning, Jay (NoSurf) and the Kansas gang... Thank you for hosting such a great event. Had a great time! Just got home last night from Lindsborg. On Sunday, I did mange to get up to Agenda and Brantfort, Kansas and picked up my hood, grille and better driver's door for my truck project.

Posted some photos on my PBase acct. See link: http://www.pbase.com/nmsandrail/hamb_bbqabilene_ks&page=all
    Am adding comments below most photos later today. The road art near Lincoln on Hwy 14 was especially a big hit with me! Great monster!:)

Slideshow works and doubleclick on any photo for larger size and below that, select "original size" for a 1024x768 photo.

Camera batteries (2nd set) went dead at Brown's Park so didn't get many photos past that point. Rechargeables are only good for so many zaps and then they drop off fast, so time for new batts..

Will be there next year for sure, Friday night through the end. THANKS Jay and family and his club members for a GREAT event!...duane (NM Sandrail)

27. NoSurf

NoSurf

Great pics!

28. Roothawg

Roothawg

I love that pic. Sigh.........

29. KCMongo

KCMongo
    from KC

Need to put a Name Line on the Dash plaques and a way to pin them on the back.
    Mongo

30. great photos duane! It was nice to chat with you.