Register now to get rid of these ads!

What was your first car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36 Airstream, Apr 24, 2010.

1. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

My first car is my 31 ford but I have had many trucks and jeeps my first truck was a 81 Toyota my 2nd car was a 47 ford

2. 1956 Mecury Montclair - 4 Door Hardtop. Cool look, 'cept it couldnt get out of its own way....until we put a SBC into it.

3. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

It was a Truck 66 Chevy 400 sbc

4. metal man

metal man

My first car was the '40 in my avatar and I still have it , 120,000 miles later . Two engines , two trannys , five dashboards , three sets of wheels , you get the idea .:D

5. dad was kinda funky...got my older brother into a 1962 Lark....so I started looking for me a Stude - although there were a lot of 53-55 Commanders in the hood - dad to me over to look at a friends 1950 Stude truck that needed a little work...with the key in - this kid turned it and that little V/8 sprange to life - (it had had a motor change to the V/8 Stude)...found out why the key was in it - it needed a trans...the first of many I would put in...still have a foness for em as there are about 6 or so hanging around the place...

6. retiredfireguy

retiredfireguy

1948 Chev coupe, six-stick, of course. My Dad gave it to me when I was 15. Wish I still had it, but I couldn't wait to move up to a V-8 ('56 Ford with a 272 and three on the floor). I'll have to admit, the Ford was way faster.

7. gsport

gsport

first car was a 59' ford two door, paid $20.00 for it... second was a '60 ford two door station wagon, paid $5.00 for it (rod thru the block).. put the engine out of the '59 into the '60.. drove it a year or so and have been a chevy man ever since (about 40 years now)

8. THE SHOP

THE SHOP

My first ride was your mama!

totally kidding. it was a 72 VW super beetle with heated springs and it was also the 1st car I totalled! fun!

9. slickfreak

slickfreak

Mine was a 64 Galaxie 500 four door sedan. with a 289 V2 and cruise-o-matic. I still have it.

10. Do you have any bigger pictures it looks awesome!

11. hudson48

hudson48

1938 Ford Club roadster.I was 13 and sold my pushbike to buy it.

As they "the rest is history".Been into cars ever since.Wish I had some photos!!!!

12. biggen

biggen

1951 chevy truck still have it . But it didnt make it throw the 90's with out getting pro streeted...

13. 1979 thunderbird. I hated that thing but it taught me how to work on an older car. It even taught me that flames shooting from the carb are a bad thing. First car I build was a 1957 chevy truck with my dad. First solo project is my 1951 ford coupe I started last year. Far from perfect, but it's been fun working on it and learning how to do things on my own.

14. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

49 ford coupe----the one with the long ass end. got stolen from my buddy's garage--then i found a 40 ford coupe.

15. 666Irish

666Irish

An OT 1971 Dodge Dart.

It belonged to my grandmother, and when she passed, it was given to me. I was 15.

My favorite part of the car was the story behind how they ended up with it.

In '71, my Uncle went with my Grandmother to get her a new car. She had to have a white car with a baby blue interior. The dealership didn't have any, so they had to special order it, a white Dart with a slant 6 automatic.

Two weeks later they get a call that they truck was pulling in, and that they could pick up the car. When they got there, the salesman had already filled out the paperwork, including the VIN from the car. My Uncle and Grandmother signed all the paperwork and went out to take the car home. When they got to the car, My Uncle noticed that something wasn't quite right, and told my Grandmother to quietly get in his car and drive home, he would be right behind her. He got in the Dart and got out of there before the dealership noticed that it wasn't exactly what they ordered.

Turns out that the bills of lading for several trucks were switched around, and what my Grandmother ended up with was a Dart with a 318 and a police package. The truck with 'her car' was supposed to go to the Alabama State Police. She still got the white on blue that she wanted, and since the bill of sale and transfer papers all had the VIN from that car on it, there was nothing that the dealership could do, they pretty much had to eat the loss.

16. BBrust

BBrust

1949 Chevy in 1959. Bought a 1950 Chevy Hardtop from the Chevy dealer in 1961 for $50 and drove it home. In 1962 I bought a 52 Chevy coupe from a friend for $18. He needed money to buy paint for his 54 Ford. The Chevy was nosed, decked and handle were shaved. Sharp looking car. Don't remember what happened to any of them.

17. 56 Holden.
    This was my great uncle's car, which he bought as a run- out model (direct from his employer (General Motors- Holden).
    I paid him $190. He scraped the wall as he backed her out for the last time, and had a tear in his eye. He also went back into his little shed and fished out some 'doo-dads' with which I could 'jazz it up'. A pair of 'spats'.
    I taught myself to drive in it.
    I held it flat to the board (84 mph) on ancient tyres. The engine wasn't up to much- it did'nt last long.
    I still have the car- rust repaired, but a basket case.

Attached Files:

18. indygasser

indygasser

55 chevy 2 door think i was 13 hid it from dad

19. edfueler

edfueler

I've still got my '55 Dodge Kingsway I bought at the end of school in '88. The front end is pretty shaggy and it runs pretty hot in summer but I'm loathe to tear it down because it's stil my daily driver and you can't kill it with a big stick.

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

this thread has been brought up a bunch of times..

68 Charger

21. mj40's

mj40's

It's the 40 Ford coupe in my avatar and still own it today. 45 years later.

22. stude54ht

stude54ht
    from Spokane WA

When I was fourteen (1959) I bought two 31 fords, a complete two door and a coupe body both for $25 or so. Found out the were both stolen. The owner took the coupe body back, broke my heart, I really wanted that. He let me keep the sedan, didn't want it. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Ended up selling it for $25.

23. wolfers

wolfers

1949 Plymouth two door sedan. In-line 6 with three on the tree. Had it about 1 year and knocked two rod bearings out of it. Moved on to a 54 Pontiac drop top. Wish I had that one back.

24. retiredfireguy

retiredfireguy

That reminded me...My step-dad had a '54 Plymouth two door sedan. In-line 6 with three on the tree. I learned how to drive in that car. Thought it was a piece of junk then, but I wouldn't mind having it now.

25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

1949 Chevrolet. 1976... still got it.

[​IMG]

26. 36el

36el
    from sweden

My First car was a 1949 buisness coupe,Then a 1952 Ford Ranch wagon.both are long gone.

27. 29AV8

29AV8

1970 El Camino. pulled home from the junkyard.

28. My first car was a 1974 Leyland mini, my uncle gave it to me when I was 14, it was a rusted out wreck, it never ran, the engine (all 998cc of it) is currently in pieces in my shed.

I taught myself to drive in a 1984 Toyota Corona wagon that my uncle also gave to me, that car is such a piece of shit! :D

My first registered car was a 1985 Peugeot 505 GTi, such a fucking fun car to drive, you can hold slides forever in it :D. It's got over 600'000kms on it and the heads never been off, you couldn't kill this thing with an axe :D.

I bought my 1957 Peugeot 403 the day I got my Ls. :cool:

Still got every car I've ever bought.

Hayden

29. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

30. 63dan63

63dan63

I learned to drive and had as my first car, a 1965 Mustang GT fastback.
    That small back seat was fun up on lookout hill.

After I wrecked it, I got to drive this...

[​IMG]

and my chick magnetism was significantly impaired.