Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 Chev Gasser Mopar Powered

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BILLS CUSTOM EXHAUST, Aug 10, 2007.

1. TheFish

TheFish

Any more pics on your progress?

2. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

awrite bill love the 440 you will have a hoot lookin at those headers I better come over from muduckville and have ya whip a set for my 59 savoy I need em made cause she got 90% engine set back, that thing rocks!!!!! gord

3. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

4. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

I love the engine choice but I am a little biased.

5. hey guys been a real long time since ive been on here but i have been working on the gasser pretty hard im still not sure if ill get it done this year even but its looking very wicked ill try and get some pics on here soon i have to figure out how to get them from phone to the computer then to here lol my brother an i built a killer slide out tilt front end with big block chevey conecting rods you wont believe it and i radius the rear wheel opening shit cand the axle i had and built my own straight axle she up there now an i also started sewing up the interior witch looks killer i gotta get pics soon

6. ok let me try this lol[​IMG]

7. heres the axle up close[​IMG]

8. heres some pics of this tilt front end[​IMG]

9. i know these pics are big but its all i can do im amazed i even figured it out heres the big block chevy conecting rod set up the lower aluminum rod swings fwd and has a internal stop then it pivots on the wrist pin from there[​IMG]

10. ok heres the drivers door vinyl after i sew it [​IMG]

11. now after i stretched it on panel and install in car[​IMG]

12. heres the drivers rear panel[​IMG]

13. couple a pics in trunk[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. and last but not least this is what me an my brother call real garage racing take a bunch of junk an mock up a hot rod im minutes[​IMG]

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

cool.... as you now know, you can't put passenger spindles on a truck axle.

16. storm king

storm king

That car is so right on in every area, save one. The motor plate. Never saw them on any gassers, ever. They really showed up in about '70-'71 in pro stock. All the nice (fast) early gassers had solid mounts to the factory engine bosses. But I do understand the plate is convenient, and like I said, it's the only thing that lets you know this isn't a real, old, gasser. I love it!
    (Wish we were closer, I'd have you building my Dart's headers!)

17. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

The only thing better would be that it would be in my garage!

18. thanks guys i have to get some better pics these really suck an storm king ur right damn it lol i might have to 86 the motor plate

19. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Oh hell yeah! This is gonna be awesome,keep up the good work man!

20. superchargedill

superchargedill

Bill, your car is lookin bitchin. Love the connecting rod set up on the front end and your headers, and your own interior. I've been playing with GTO's most of my life racing and hot rodding. But May of last year I started building a 64 straight axle and have been posting pics of the build here. This whole scene is new for me and I'm loving it. You guys kick a$$. Keep up the good work Bill.

21. Hopefully will have more pics up soon my brothers gonna post some an possibly a video of the tilt front end you guys gotta check this out but the car is comming along good all the major fab is done and im breaking it down for paint in the morning still along way from done but there visable progress

22. 54pumpjack

54pumpjack

23. 54pumpjack

54pumpjack

Heres a few videos of the front end working, click on the pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. brewster55

brewster55

front end is awesome. great work.

25. 54pumpjack

54pumpjack

Some pics from today.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

26. cakes

cakes

looks great man, what length leafs did you use in the front, that height is perfect, if you could send me some details on the front suspension that would be great

27. Kyle ill measure the length for you i think there from a 50s chevy truck but all i used was the main and i built my own leaf stack other than that i fabricated the whole front end fro scratch

28. Butch M

Butch M

wow that thing is cool cant wait to see it done ....

29. 54pumpjack

54pumpjack

We were talking about getting sideways but somehow I didn't picture it this way.[​IMG]