Register now to get rid of these ads!

fathers don't forget your daughter in that build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by larry woods, Apr 23, 2010.

1. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

My daughter is only 13 months, but she wants to help with anything already. I hope she's interested in my car stuff later on, but I don't mind if she isn't. It's gonna be fun.

2. chopz56

chopz56

Here's mine and she been telling me since she could talk that she wants a Corvette and VW like Herbie........man i'm in trouble!

Attached Files:

3. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

you have to start early. when my youngest daughter was 3 and I got my 53 cadillac she would always come out and HELP me work on the car. Every time she would see an old car she would say" Daddy look at the Cadillac" . Now that she is almost 8 she has laid claim that "Daddy when you died I get the Caddy". She is always out when I am working on it.If you start early you will never be sorry.

4. jusrey

jusrey

bloodyjack------shame on you for posting those pics of your daughter. You should be teaching her that we are all dirty old men out here, and she should be careful of all of us. Seventh grade is waaaaayyyy too early to be posing provocatively.

5. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

ive got a daughter who is almost 2 and my son will be 9 in a month. they are both into cars cause they have no choice!! i need helpers in the garage!!

6. Chris13

Chris13
    from England.

I've got a daughter and step daughter,8 and 9 years.
    My daughter tells me off if i dont pick her up from school in my Anglia,she's always asking 'what does that do?' and sticks her head in the garage to see what im up to.
    The step daughter wants a new shape Mustang when she's older,so there is interest there,i just need to change her mind to rusty steel!
    They both love the drags too! :cool:

[​IMG]

7. kelzweld

kelzweld

Have no sons so my only daughter has no chance of being forgotten. She turned 9 yesterday, but I think is only 7 in this pik. Excuse the OT car, but she has to learn on something before I let her loose on the good stuff :D

Attached Files:

8. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

I guess I'm lucky... My 10 y.o. daughter loves to turn wrenches with me in the garage, and her "little flame" [the 10 y.o. boy from down the street] thinks all the old junk in my garage is the coolest stuff in the world.

It's soooo cute to watch the two of them make goo-goo eyes at each other while all three of us are up to our elbows in grease.

9. You got that right!!!! My 2 1/2 year old was helping me wrenches and telling me "turn this way" yesterday. I know I'll miss these times all too soon. I'm trying to get as many pics as I can.

As we all work with our kids/grandkids just remember safety... I'd hate to hear of someones kid getting hurt while trying to make good memories...

10. Hal_396

Hal_396

I have a 17 Y.O. step daughter who was well on her way to being a a great car girl. Helped me install the front & rear glass on my chopped 55. Unfortunetly, she met a boy! I hope she comes back from the dark side in a couple more years.

11. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

I never regretted having My daughter or my son helping in my garage.

There both grown up now. and she is on her own.

She still likes the music from the shows and cruises. and she can ID a lot of the old cars. Drives her boyfriend crazy. She now whats to build a 69 Chevelle when she has the money but college loans are first.

In this picture she was 15 and my son was 13. It goes by fast.

Attached Files:

12. Wildcatter

Wildcatter

My two year old's favorite game is to put my sockets on the nuts and bolts of my project. It makes me mad sometimes, but she'll smile and it's all good....

Attached Files:

13. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

Jeez how could you ever get mad at that face?! LOL

14. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Quote BloodyJack: Here is my offspring (oh by the way she is only in 7th grade!)

If you need a hearse and someone to bury little boys, I'll be more than happy to help. My baby doll is almost 4, so no one to kill yet and I need the practice.

15. stevilknievel

stevilknievel

My 11 year old is almost always with me! Plus, There's not a chance in hell we can skip Jalopy Showdown!

16. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

[​IMG]

I got this sweet little 60 Falcon for my 16 year old, she loves the little car, we are scheduled to get it into a nice driver this summer.

Can't wait!! My two sons have each shared a project with me so it is my favorite daughters turn.

17. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Here one of her the first time she modeled in front of one of my trucks.

Attached Files:

18. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I taught my daughter to mig weld. she's better than me & her husband welding

19. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

my wife was one of the girls who got left out of cars by her dad...shes still angry over it cause shes more of a gear head then some guys i know. she installed my buddies trans in his '70 camaro for him, then did a tune up on it!!

shes rebuilt her engine, helped me build a trans...shes a real keeper!!

get those ladies into the garage!!!

[​IMG]

20. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

you oughtta be real proud!! now grease up that shotgun!!!

21. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't forget 'em!!!! Both always helping me to build my roadster in the early 60's!!
    They were 12 & 15 then, the youngest one would always forget to leave my tools in the garage when she left,-----No problem, she would just leave the tool in her chest of drawers!!---So, when missing a tool, she knew exactly where she left it.
    After the roadster was finished, they always enjoyed a neat cruise in it, & will never forget the rumble seat, now that they are 55 & 58 years old!!!!!-----------Don

22. larry_g

larry_g
    from oregon

I am lucky enough to have a daughter who is not afraid to get dirty. From replacing the engine in her rig to helping with replacing the rollers and idlers on the crawler.

lg
    no neat sig line

Attached Files:

23. gtkane

gtkane

My daughter has always been interested in cars. Our first project together was a cool O.T. custom when she was 14.
    I'm still driving the custom, and she's a third year autobody/paint apprentice!

24. pricejap

pricejap

I have 3 girls and they are always out in the garage helping me out. I just got a '51 5 window last summer. Got it running about a week before the lonestar round up and toke the family.

[​IMG]

25. garcoal

garcoal

when i got divorced my 10 year old daughter was fairly unaware of me moving till it came time to pack up the garage, that made her cry. she was in the garage all her life helping me. i could move my clothes and such but when the garage went that hit home with her

26. iracer

iracer

My 3 year old daughter loves to be with Daddy in the garage. She can't wait for Daddy to finish the hot rod so we can go get ice cream.

27. Frank

Frank

28. uc4me

uc4me

My daughter is 3 and loves to go for rides in my truck (55 f-100) and her "loud car" (my 71 AMX...she claimed it as her's when she was 2), she helps in the garage but usually makes more work for me...although I don't mind it a bit

29. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

Loves helping with anything that she can manage to do. She's smarter than me so I need her help alot. only one pride and joy

Attached Files: