Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pertronix---Good People

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41 C28, Apr 23, 2010.

1. 41 C28

41 C28

Some of you may have read my recent post about my 318 dieing when turning left. I got a lot of good suggestions and theories which I really appreciated. I had mentioned in the post that I had just installed a Pertronix ignition and coil. Turns out I got a bad coil.
    Out of the blue I get a PM yesterday from hotroddon at Pertronix. He explained that they had some defective coils get out (loose windings inside) and that I probably got one. He told me to return it to where I got it (Jeg's) for a new one and if I had any problems to call him and he would personalty take care of it.
    I have Pertronix in my roadster and have run many many miles without any problems.
    I think its great that a company like Pertronix will stand behind what they sell and go a little extra to contact me personalty.
    Thanks.

2. turdytoo

turdytoo

Glad to hear they are good folks but I have run them in 3 different cars for years and never had occasion to even call them. Their stuff just flat works.

3. ken1939

ken1939

One of the reasons I suggest them, beyond the simplicity of the thing.

Good to hear. We tend to vasilate on the negative most of the time.

4. wildearp

wildearp
    from tucson, az

Do any other manufacturers use the same coils, such as MSD?????

5. I just installed a Petronix unit and coil on my point fired '49 flattie in our roadster.
    With a new fuel pump and rebuilt carb It was still sluggish. With the Petronix unit in place,
    I hit the starter for the first time and that baby CAME TO LIFE! Starts easier and runs better! Never had dealings with the company but the ignition setup is great! I'll do it again....

6. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

I've had real good luck with Pertronix...

7. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Good to hear something positive. I've been debating getting an ignition points conversion unit for my Ford 200, but have always heard bad things.

8. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

I tell you the only points I'll ever buy now are a set for the glove box in the odd occasion that one of my pertronix fails, but other than a shorted coil taking out a igniter 1(remedied with an igniter 2) I've never had problems, And you can't beat the price.

9. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

pertronix is as easy as it can get! they run great and last forever. we keep a set of points in our gloveboxes around here just in case one ever goes out. havent had to go back yet!!

10. TigerII

TigerII

Great product. Used them in several applications. Did have one problem though with one install, had to bypass the ignition ballast, took hours to figure that one out.

11. I am running a full pertronix system in my gasser useing thier coil ,dist.and control box with a new deal called dual strike. I am very happy with it. and it a simple task to adjust the advance curve. Now I known they are good people.

12. Rewired

Rewired
    from Fresno

Had a buddy with a Morris Miner.It had a datsun engine in it with a petronics in the distributor. He left the key on and burnt it out. I called petronics and they sent out a new one.The unit was three years old! Great people

13. Hotrod7

Hotrod7

good people good product, hard to go wrong.

14. Muttley

Muttley

Why? It says to bypass it right in the directions.

16. I have a Petronix running through a Jacobs ignition system on my Caddy in the 37 Ford . It starts better and is quicker through the gears.

17. chitbox dodge

chitbox dodge
    from dunlap tn

As far as buying bad coils goes... I bought not one, not two, but three bad coils in a row for a Sportster back when I was fooling with bikes. They were brand new Accels, straight off the shelf. So yea there is brand new junk out there.

18. kustomkool

kustomkool

Kustomkarma, I put a pertronix in my 170 ci in my Falcon almost 10 years ago and have never had any trouble . Probably one of the best upgrades I've ever done.

19. El Bombero

El Bombero

I called them when I was installing their stuff. I had to leave a message and they called me right back. They were very friendly and helpfull.

Mike

20. belair

belair

Their customer service is A-1.

21. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

Pertronix was the very first thing I bought for my car when I got her, and did the cap, rotor, wires, plugs, cause even though they looked good, you never know! Have used them in many customer cars, and have yet to have a complaint!

22. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

A bad Pertronix coil isn't really that rare. There have been threads here before of bad ones including mine. I ran to the local NAPA and bought a Accel Superstock coil as a replacement so I wouldn't have any down time. As long as your primary res. wire is within their specs, it will run fine.

23. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Exactly one year ago yesterday, I put an early distributor in my 1985 Bronco 300 ci 6 engine with a Pertronics unit and coil. I now have over 18,000 miles on it with NO PROBLEMS. I am sold on them and will use them again.

24. 41 C28

41 C28

As long as I'm talking about good service I can't leave out Jeg's and the U.S.P.S.
    I sent the old coil out to Jeg's from the Post office at 2:15 on Thursday and Fedex delivered the new one this morning (Sat.) at about 9:30 am.