Register now to get rid of these ads!

Going to ship a car soon.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ana Maria, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Ana Maria

Ana Maria
    from Texas

DONT USE DAS AUTO TRANSPORT!:mad:

I have shipped 2 cars with other people before and never had any trouble.... yeah they were fast to pick up the car, but they keep
    changing the drop off date on me... this is the 3rd time already!!

Just a heads up dont want anybody else to be in the same situation as
    me..

2. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

Thanks for the heads up. I'm trying to find a decent shipping company myself. Any recommandations?

3. visor

visor
    Member Emeritus
    from Missouri

The only one to call is BenD here on the HAMB.
    Ben's always busy but he will fit you in and
    no worries.

4. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

I just checked with Horseless Carriage...I have heard good things from others about them...2500 from east to west, inclosed hauler. Looking myself for end of summer tho

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

6. I used Agape Auto Transport 1 1/2 yrs. ago and they were trouble free.

Ph. 1-866-990-7447

7. 4.5 million plus miles of roads in the US ;)
    No one person or company can handle them all

DAS has a satisfaction rated of about 70% :eek:

Lots of choices here on the HAMB :)

I offer daylight operation at 55 m.p.h
    No deposit required - you pay upon drop off
    34 feet of deck space - 10,000 pound capacity
    Soft ties to the axles
    Cushioned red oak deck on Dexter E-Z Flex equalizer system
    that absorbs 80% of road shock

Here is what I hauled in from CA to OH for a HAMBER
    just last week ......

My transport schedule is posted here:

@ http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265570&highlight=transport

Jim

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  8. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

I used DAS 4 times without any problems, sorry to hear about your problems...

9. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

So your 1st post was yesterday saying you bought a car(hooray) and today youre slamming the transporter. Jeez, lighten up.

10. Just shipped this car from Orlando to Phoenix. My friend(and car owner) Jimmy
    (IL GIMMI) had to go through a number of companies before he found one, that did not jack him around. Be aware of companies that want you to "tip" the drivers to "Git-er-dunn" Seems like a scam.
    Two Muchacho's did not speak very good english , but where very carefull with the loading. One guy said he had a car just like this back in Cuba. :eek::D:cool:

After all my hard work, still a bit anxious until Jimmy calls and says it got there in one piece. Good Info!! Can get the number of trucking company if anyone desires. I think he paid around $800.??
    JT

Attached Files:

11. Ana Maria

Ana Maria
    from Texas

Well yeah I pretty sure I’m not the only one that gets a little frustrated when two and a half weeks later after they pick up the car they tell you that the car will be here Monday, then don’t call on Monday. So then when you call, they say Thursday then they don’t call again! And after you call them again they say not until Monday…..hopefully.
    I guess I’ll see when Monday gets here.

12. gotta go with the hamb first......look under "hamb-o-dex".

13. I just shipped a car from California to Hawaii with budget auto shippers. The car got here ok but they were a hassle to deal with,the seller said he would he would be available any time but tuesday afternoon.They call at 2:30 Tues. and want to pick up the car.Took a week before they came to get it.Seems like once they have your money they realy do not care.

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Don't use Nationwide Auto Transporters. I was set up to have them ship my car from California to Hawaii.
    1. They told me I could not deliver the car myself to the port, that it had to be delivered by an auto transporter.
    2.They showed up a week early and gave me a ration of shit when I wouldn't give them the car early. Buncha morons.
    3.Called the Port of Oakland (shoulda done that first, I know), delivered it to the port myself and saved a bundle of money, but only made it by 4 hours.

15. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

DAS is just a broker. They subcontract your shipping to someone else for less than you paid and keep the difference. That can take a while so delivery date is just a hopeful guess.

They pay a *lot* of money to be called the "#1 auto shipper on ebay"

There's a great website called transport review or something like that, you get the real deal there. just google DAS and review and eventually you'll find it.

They damaged my car. I got what I paid for. Not much.

16. As mentioned, DAS and a lot of others are brokers. The amount you pay them, after their cut, pays to take the car from one terminal to the next. The reason your delivery date keeps getting changed is usually by the time the car gets to the last terminal before delivery, so little of your money is left it's not worth the time for a hauler to finish the delivery.

Frankly if a car is drivable, you're better off to fly or take a frigging Greyhoud to where it is, put a temp permit or your plates on it, and drive it back. Bring a tool set or buy a basic one if you're worried and see if the seller will locate you a few key spare parts and send you off with water, gas can, etc. -

17. wvenfield

wvenfield

There are many, many, many threads on here about who to use. They all end with a couple guys listed on this site as already noted. If you use anyone else you are on your own.

The few guys that most use on this site are easy to reach, will keep you informed and do what they say.

18. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

19. Sorry to thread jack. I got a project car I have been working on here in Dubai, U.A.E. I am, going to be moving back to Canada shortly anybody know a good company that can help me out? Thanks!