Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new 1950 mercury

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HomemadeHardtop57, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

john walker is definitely NOT a knucklehead.

2. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I am partial to chopping Mercs I think that look much better chopped but being this is done and has some history you may want to leave it alone but if you are the type of person who has to make chnges then by all means chop it. But it does look good and like many have said it is already done and works well the way it is. All I have to say is I wish my 50 looked half as nice as this one but we can't all get the nice ones.........lol..........I will be choping mine but it is nothing like yours. Congrats and drive the piss out of it and then ifyou are still leaning towards a chop
    then DO IT!!!!!!!!! I will support you...........lol

3. weathrmn

weathrmn

Gerry, please don't chop it. Tony A.

4. Jeff J

Jeff J

Start with rusty old one that way you'll have a clear mind not haunting you from the former owner !!!!

5. Don't do it...honor the previous owner...Enjoy it.

6. Ferguson777

Ferguson777

Beautiful car! Hard to beleive that's 25 year old paint.

I love chopped tops, especially on Mercs, but it look's great the way it is. (Glad you pulled out the flames from behind the grill though).

:):):)

7. Wasn't meant to be a slam! More of just a little ribbing...

8. Hey,
    Congrats on that Merc, Lucky you!! My opinion would be to leave it mostly as is, but do some of the small things to make it yours. But you know opinions.

9. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

10. Vinny of Destruction

Vinny of Destruction
    from wisconsin

Its beautiful the way it sits, you are super lucky to get such a gem!!

11. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes it would look kool chopped but the kool thing about Mercs, they don't
    have to be chopped to be kool. I'm diggin the sled as is and I would just
    drive it. Enjoy the cruize!

Happy Trails,

Mick

12. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Don't rewrite her history...my 2.

13. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

Beautiful car...With beautiful chrome garnish moldings that don't need chopped either.

Howbout some more shots of that ride.

14. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

looks to me like this car always wanted to be chopedd ! do it some justis and make it happy and chop it ! othere wise it will be miserable the rest of its life .its a bitchen car take it to the next leavel , paint the top back like it was and call it a day!

15. teddyp

teddyp

I met foxie many times at lead sled east he was always very big with neon and the frist one to sell light up dice this is a well know east coast car and he chose you has its keeper i only would change small things to make it yours and enjoy it

16. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

That's a really tough call. I love chopped Mercs, and think they look better chopped in most cases. This one looks perfect as is. The stance is perfect and the stock roofline just seems to enhance it's already great looks. And, I have to agree with the majority here, respect the history of the car and it's previous owner. Leave her as is, and drive the wheels off! (Glad ya removed the flames behind the grille, by the way).

17. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Drive it and enjoy it- you put it under the knife and it may take a while to recover- then you won't be driving it and enjoying it. Clean it up like you've been doing and be a happy caretaker.

18. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

thanks for the kind comments everyone

19. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I've been around East coast customs, just a bit longer than Foxy's car. I've seen the car at many of the eastern Kustom shows, and know for a fact, that he used to win a lot of awards with the car, esp. "best Engine". The car, and it's owner is very well known, even outside of the PA area.....I'd leave it alone, and keep it preserved as an "almost famous East Coast" Merc. (Well, maybe lose some of the newer additions that clutter up the car)
    Congrats...great car!

20. Fugg it I'd chop it.

21. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

You know what I think about the car , Jerry - beautiful stance , looks great un-chopped ... just looks awesome ! Do some of the other stuff we talked about to make it you own & it'll be golden & it'll have that "Jerry Touch" . That way , Foxy won't have to come back & haunt your ass , lol !

22. leave it alone , and just drive it. If possible take him for a ride if his health permits it, I bet it would make him happy to see you enjoy his old car. just a thought

23. stronga

stronga

That car is Cherry!

24. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Leave as is,looks great unchopped,did the guy who sold it to you say anything about wanting a chopped merc,or would like to see it chopped?..Get a project and chop that,but the purple merc is class as is.

25. Be different and don't chop it!

26. Mercury Wayne

Mercury Wayne
    BANNED
    from Arizona

Dude never chop done cars only projects. Looks cool!