Register now to get rid of these ads!

Portland(OR) Roadster Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53olds, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Payaso

Payaso

What was up with the Stock 20** Honda Civic 4 door with aftermarket wheels? Stock 20** Chevy Silverado with aftermarket wheels? and Trail Beaten Jeep Cherokee?

Anyone else scratch thier heads when you saw those?

2. glmke

glmke

HS kids, they have them every year

3. Yeah I was kinda wondering....and the gtx with a 409 chevy and thumper painted on the side with a mural and shit right outta the 70's!

4. Payaso

Payaso

Hmmmmm...I guess that's cool...

You going to make it to Voodoo in May? I'm in Gresham...you're welcome to meet up and cruise over with me...anytime!

I think that GTX was painted 25 years ago...What an interesting motif...I guess the kids were totally dig'n it...

I wanted the Westfalia that was parked across from the GTX...that thing was incredible!! Would make one hell of a 'Run to the Coast' rig!!

...and I wanted to take The Roswell for a spin around town...How Awesome that would have been!! I wonder what it would be like driving in the pouring down rain Saturday afternoon? Lot's of RainX?? Over that bubble top?

Roth would have been proud...

5. Well it's been a FUN weekend, got home a couple hours ago. Won 5 Plaques in the model car contest! and tons of models were given to me. Thanks fritz you made my weekend, your a REALLY nice guy! I'll be sure and take pics of the knob when it's done for ya. Did anybody else see the Pin Up girls???!!!???? DAMN! Oh and check the photobucket link again I'm gonna upload todays pics.

6. glmke

glmke

yes i will be there in may!

7. Erik B

Erik B

What could be wrong with a big blower sticking out of the hood and Bambi scenes painted on the sides? Is that to get the hole shot while they are still laughing?

I shot through in a hurry but that RPU was very nice. Is that a HAMBers car? I can't believe how boring and cheezy the big dollar rods are. 20% cool cars, 60% ho hum cars and 20% of head shakers.

8. glmke

glmke

me and Gene
    portland roadster show.jpg
    portland roadster show4.jpg
    portland roadster show6.jpg

me and my bride in front of my favorite car of the show
    portland roadster show8.jpg

9. Cool anymore pics?

10. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

nice-you get the trans fixed? i still don't think i've seen your ford..?

11. edsel

edsel

glmke

that 47 ford with the 41 nose is a battle ground pinstripers car named Robo, the car was his grandpa's car from Montana and started life as a 4dr sedan, I also think it was the coolest car there. (noname did the windows).

I also thought Fritz and his wife were great people and it was a pleasure to meet them and Gene Windfield.

edsel

12. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

What a weekend! Was great to meet you guys 53 Olds, Edsel. had a great time but am glad to be heading home and cut my grass, LOL I hope to be back next year with something new ;)
    FRITZ

13. Yup Fun Weekend

14. glmke

glmke

yep i'm ready for voodoo

15. elrobbo

elrobbo
    from washington

Thats my car...

16. Payaso

Payaso

My favorite car in the show...

17. Brunoz28

Brunoz28

I drove about 5 hours from Spokane to get there and the scenery alone on the drive up was worth it. The 2 breweries and the show were the icing. And now I have a more thorough understanding of what a hipster is too.