Register now to get rid of these ads!

Colorado Springs Colorado

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by choptvan, Apr 17, 2010.

1. choptvan

choptvan

Hello. Name is shannon. I have been into rods for as long as i can remember. I have been working very hard to be good at it. As you noticed i live in colorado springs colorado. President of the Hell Bounders CC. There are a few rod shops here in town but NONE worth working for. I have had little to NO success on that. I graduated wyotech in september. I went for colision and refinishing with concentration on street rod/ sheetmetal fabrication. I have had so much trouble finding a good shop to work for that i now work for myself. I am still learning, but doing it quickly. Here is what i have been working on...

I have a ton of pix of this so i will be selective on what i post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. choptvan

choptvan

With this conversion i cut the spotwelds, removed the b pillar, and actually moved it back to get the 2 door proper. I then used the rear doors as quarter panels. Trimming them to fit and using the doorshell as well for reinforcment.

[​IMG]

did a frame off to get everything repaired correctly. I do not believe if shit work and try to force myself to go the distance no matter what. I do NOT want to be known as a hack.

[​IMG]

I hand fabricated the entire rear suspension for airride and some of the front end as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. choptvan

choptvan

fast forward a lot. ( I am going to do a build thread on the main forum)

All rebuilt or new to this point with the exception of the trans and rear axle. They did not need it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still have a TON to do. But i did all of this in 3 months time. Not to bad i think. I learned a lot.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  4. Bryan & Sarah

Bryan & Sarah

Welcome to the HAMB from Western Illinois!! Like your build so far, looks good sitting that low!!! Bryan & Sarah

5. choptvan

choptvan

thank you. I posted the complete build on the general page

6. Welcome from Douglasville, GA. The car is look'en great, keep up the work. My son is attending Wyotech in Laramie now, taking the same courses as you did. Good luck on your car.

7. choptvan

choptvan

Thank you! Good luck to him. It is difficult but so damn rewarding! And i might just need the luck on the car!

8. T. Scott

T. Scott

welcome from So. Cal i like to see pics of projects good job

9. choptvan

choptvan

Which one! I got to much stuff to even list and if i posted pix of all of it, i would be on the comp for over one hour trying to get it all on here. I will post a few things in a bit on the general discussion page.

10. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from downtown

11. choptvan

choptvan

HA HA! YEah. Actually when i was working with clint and the guys at The Hot Rod Store, we used you guys a few times. Good work. I will actually be in neeeed of your help shortly. If money actually gets in that is....

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

13. Shannon,

Welcome to the HAMB. Saw the car at Viva and really like what you have done so far, can't wait to see the finished product.

See you in Gunnison if not sooner.

Gunnison Show thread link:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=447793

Later, Johnnie.

14. rockguy92

rockguy92

Very good work
    Welcome from O-HI-O
    The Rock

15. choptvan

choptvan

Thanks.I can't wait to get it painted either! I saw that thread. I am planning on attending. It is after my daughter's bday this time so i hope to show up.