Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from Alabama

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by keithreid, Apr 18, 2010.

1. keithreid

keithreid

hello, name's Keith and I'm from the northeast corner of Alabama. 40 years old, and just getting into hotrodding with my first two projects. first one, and the one I'm working on now, is a 1941 international K-2 pickup. hope that fits in on the forum!
    Just finished taking apart two 8BA ford flathead v-8's for an engine for this one. talk about night and day! one took 5 days to get down to bare block, the other one took 4 hours. wanting to build one of these to about 180-200hp and build the truck as a daily driver. don't know how much will be original when I get through, and I'm still collecting parts for it. Been finding that international parts aren't very popular in the aftermarket, too!

the second is a 1940 ford 3/4 ton pickup. nothing fancy there, and the headlights on this one aren't recessed into the fenders. would like to make a driver out of it, but have more time as the international gets done first.

y'all have a good day! Keith

2. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Welcome fron Ranburne Alabama.

3. Welcome from Rockmart GA! Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup and Ozelle the '55 Ford send friendly horn honks. I have a soft spot in my heart for old trucks generally. I'm mainly a Ford guy but always liked the K series Internationals a lot.

Where in NE Alabama? I went to school at Jax State, wife is from Gadsden, have friends who are like family at Alexandria. Come on over to our show at Rockmart High School on May 15--if you'll PM me with your e-mail address I will send you a flyer.

4. possumcreekflash

possumcreekflash

Welcome from Killen, Alabama. I just joined the H.A.M.B. about 5 minutes ago.
    I'm on the opposite (NorthWest) side of the state.

5. keithreid

keithreid

thanks guys. I live about an hour north of gadsden, between huntsville and scottsboro. Almost on the Tennessee line. matter of fact, if you go off the mountain on the north end, you are in winchester, TN.
    38ford, sent you a PM. If I'm in the country next month, I'd love to make the show. been waiting on a call back for a job in qatar, but with all the flights in europe grounded the last week that's still up in the air.

y'all have a good day, Keith

6. 49FordF1

49FordF1
    from Dalton GA

Hello and welcome from Dalton Georgia. Know your area...brother in law lived in Huntland. Enjoy the H.A.M.B

7. keithreid

keithreid

thanks 49fordf1. small world. my dad's family moved into the huntland area in the 1840's. spent several summers at a farm two of his uncles owned just off the road between huntland and Elora.
    Will also be in dalton this sunday. my other hobby is collecting military surplus rifles, and several collectors are getting together at a range in chatsworth for a shoot.
    y'all have a good day, Keith

8. T. Scott

T. Scott

Welcome from So. Cal. love to see some pics of the international if you get a chance

9. Scarynickname

Scarynickname
    from Toney, Al

Sounds like Skyline mtn. Welcome from Toney, Al. near Fayetteville. My uncle live in Trenton.

10. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome to the HAMB from Funston, GA. :cool: