Register now to get rid of these ads!

rat rod RUMBLE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bullet boy, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

tell 'em it's a '65

2. ratster

ratster

yeah, i want a rematch lol i kno i beat you last year, i think

3. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Ratster and Skwurl....hell yeah. I'll stand at the finish line to keep it honest...not that is ever a problem.

4. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

The Rumble is good name!

5. Looks like a cool show and great time, wish I were closer :D

I just read through the whole thread and there's some very sensible posts in here and then there are some that are just f#ckin ridiculous. If the show doesn't seem to be your cup of tea or the name bothers you, why would you read or participate in the thread if it was not only to stir the sh!t and be an a$$hole. Call them what you want but it's just like anything else, you will find something that "ain't for you" in any style of "Hot Rod".

It's the "high and mighty" remarks by some on here that bring the site down in my opinion, but then again that is only my opinion.

6. olklunker

olklunker

I live in the area and have been to the last 5 (that's when we moved here) and it's my favorite show of all time. Gator, you almost got my car in some of your shots, I had the Rambler wagon sittin next to you guys. I was sellin a few things beside Pete. We had a ton of pix of the cars aqnd trucks, and vids of the racing but lost everything to some A-hole that figured since it wasn't nailed down, it must be a present to him. Anyhow, it's a great show: non-stop racing, great cars (of all kinds), great swap area, good music, great people. Dan and his people work their asses off to make this as good a show as any I've seen. I'll be there again, Dan, and thanks for all your hard work.

Jerry

7. skwurl

skwurl

It's on.

8. skwurl

skwurl

Did you het me any info on that machine?

9. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

the free camping is nice too. no motel bills .The burn outs , camp fires ( yeah I know we aren't supposed to ) life music , good friends. So what if the name has rat in it , it's still fun. This will number three four for me.

yeah Barry is going to call you. He's down stairs working on the 32 when he comes up he's going to call.

10. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

I plan to be there with the '39.

[​IMG]

11. nashvegas99

nashvegas99

Hey guys, I hate that I won't ne here for it. I'll be at Talladega with all of my other "friends". Anyway, I have several parts that I would love to let someone take with them to try and sell for me at the swap meets. If someone could pm me or call my cell, I'd like to talk about it. Thanks.

12. 49FordF1

49FordF1
    from Dalton GA

I agree! I joined the HAMB because I thought they might not be like the guys at the shows with the trailered $40,000 "Street Rods" built by some other guy. Guess theres some in every crowd..street rods, hot rods or rat rods. I understand some people intentionally making a car a POS is stupid, but building something yourself and driving it down a track as fast as you can is worth it to me. We will be there for sure!!!

13. bbhotrod34

bbhotrod34
    from dalton, ga

This show is a blast, I will be there for sure, if you don't like rat rods, just don't come, Dan and crew put on a great show and they won't care. Also don't forget the Paradise Drag Strip Show & Go, in Calhoun, Ga. nostalgia drag meet, car show & swap meet. may 8th thanks B.B. Brown

14. 49FordF1

49FordF1
    from Dalton GA

I agree BB.. Dan and the guys put on a good show and the Nostalgia drag meet is also a good time. Something about the drag racing all day I guess. I recommend anybody in the area check both out.

15. ronniemckinney

ronniemckinney
    from Alabama

Your username sounds familiar... did you use to hang out on discoweb or pirate?

16. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

Yes, on Pirate especially....I built the first Volvo Portaled FJ80.

17. imperialhouse71

imperialhouse71
    from Sparta, IL

Lookin forward to this one..............just got back from the Lonestar Round Up and had an amazing time there. Lokin forward to something a little closer to home. I will be striping all weekend if anyone is interested. Feel free to give me a shout ahead of time. - Shawn
    www.imperialhouse71.blogspot.com
    www.imperialhouse71.com

18. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

PM sent :cool:

19. ronniemckinney

ronniemckinney
    from Alabama

Yeah, I thought it was one of the wilder rides. If I recall that all worked out pretty well.

20. The poor boys TN chapt. cc is circling their wagons for a trip to the show. We had so much FUN last year, it would be a shame to miss it. If you you don't break anything, this show is worth every drop of gas!! At-a-boy to Dan and his club for hosting such a fun event that caters to the home grown hot rodder types.

21. grant598

grant598
    from georgia

when is the show and where i would really like to go

22. I'm planning on getting back from Colorado on Friday night so I can be at the swap meet Saturday morning. Anybody need a T Coupe? I'm bringing 3.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      122 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      94.9 KB
      Views:
  23. ratster

ratster

hey bubba bring them out

24. thequietwon

thequietwon

I'll be there Sat. with a trailer full of early ford Banjo rears, frontends & early steel wheels. Time to clean out the garage. My wife & kids are coming in the '57. I assume my duallie & trailer will be allowed in to the swap meet area? I've never been, but I hear it's a good time...
    Sam

25. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

i am planning on bringing a lot of old magazines and stuff Saturday but my truck has laid down on me today I hope to have it fixed before then

26. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

A few things I'm bring for the swap meet...

'55 Cadillac Dragmars and center bar.
    Chrome 19" Electric fan.
    Chrome BBC timing cover.
    Old school low back fiberglass bucket seats with covers.
    SBC billet pulleys and alt mount.
    '55 Cadillac heater fan assemblies.
    '28 Buick Park Brake handle.
    New "black" electric fuel pump and holley type regulator.
    Two '55 Cadillac radiators.
    Hooker headers for Camaro or Chevelle.
    And a bunch of other crap I can't think of right now.

27. well my 2 cents:

Troy Ladd from hollywood Hot Rods, said it best when he described "rat rod" as implying, poorly built, weather yours is or isnt, its just the connotation. Thats why we have "traditional hot rods"...

If i named a show ild call it "The Alibi Meet"

hahaha, maybe thats just cuz my show is called, "The Alibi" i duno

28. bullet boy

bullet boy

Rain or shine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You in ? Sound off cause we are there weather be damned

29. bootlegger54

bootlegger54

Hey Dan, you know that the Bootleggers will be there! That first year it poured and it was still a hell of a time... ya'll can say what you want about "rat rods"; but only real rodders drive in the rain no matter what you call the car.. Now whose commin'? Stand and be counted!!!

30. Gator

Gator

Poorboys are coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.