Register now to get rid of these ads!

new ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redhumphries, Apr 18, 2010.

1. redhumphries

redhumphries

picked this one up about 3 weeks ago going early custom route, leaving most of the trim on chopping top alittle, putting it on air, looking for a nailhead , going the 5 spd route if I can. Here are a few photos had it soda blasted the man I got it from does this and car was half stripped anyway. after all metal work is done will have entire car sand blasted with star blast does a great job and looks super. thanks RED

Attached Files:

• 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      159.8 KB
      Views:
    • 018.JPG
      018.JPG
      File size:
      163.6 KB
      Views:
    • 019.JPG
      019.JPG
      File size:
      164.7 KB
      Views:
    • 020.JPG
      020.JPG
      File size:
      123.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

I fully support your decision regarding the pneumatic suspension.

3. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

You gotta wait for me to do the chop.......

4. TexasDart

TexasDart

It's chopped from the factory. What are you going to do with how the roof line matches the trunk area. The rear glass is almost flat already. You may want to look at a few more of these and reconsider the chop. It will look pretty cool as is....with some nice custom touches.

5. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

what a cool ole road yacht i really dig the slant back look id give it some paint and a mill and leave the cool body shape alone

6. kookee

kookee

X3. Build it to your taste and desires. I think a chop may be overkill. There is so much already going on with this body style, the effort may not have the intended impact.

Good luck and post pics!

7. redhumphries

redhumphries

been building cars all my life done some fine chops this one is my car it will be just enough to make it different butnot overly done. I know to cut the deck lid did that before and all will be metal finished I will include photos if any want to follow along. Hurry home ol chevy the chain saw is tuned up and ready to cut the hop hahaha

8. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I'll pick up some big sawzall blades on the way over!

9. redhumphries

redhumphries

saws all heck I ain't building no chicken coupe I's be buildin me a car bring that there big ol torch set wit that number 7 tip I bet we can git all the cuttim done wit one pass.