Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your favorite Car magazine...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anchorboy46, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Any little book from the mid 60's back are my favorite.

2. rod and kulture, rod and custom, olskool rodz, hot rod, car craft, gmhightech perf, and street rodder... i like the tech articles in hot rod and car craft lots of motor tech. ol skool has alot of stupid rat shit but theres a few good rods in there once and awhile. gmhightech cause my dailydrivers and lt1 camaro.

3. mikeyfrombc

mikeyfrombc

CARS ILLUSTRATED from the mid 80s to early 90s Tony Defoe was the mad man behind that cool mag the storys he wrote where very cool

4. Chalupa55

Chalupa55
    from So-Cal

Rod & Kulture, Hot Rod Deluxe, Rod & Custom, Garage.

5. hemi

hemi

6. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

For new magazines....

Kustoms Illustrated
    TRJ
    Rod and Kulture
    Rod and Custom

For old mags.....
    Car Craft for he start untill the early 60s

7. THE RODDERS JOURNAL for overall quality then ROD & CUSTOM, HOT ROD DELUXE, STREET RODDER, HOT ROD is better now than a few years back. cw.

8. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I'm with you Caddy... KUSTOMS ILLUSTRATED is by far the best out there for us KUSTOM lovers!
    Hot Rod sucks.

9. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

playboy or hustler ..................... steve

10. TRJ without a doubt is the best Bang for my Bucks !
    I miss Custom Rodder, Speed and Chrome Illustrated, and I am disappointed in Garage's new direction.

Co-founder of the Re-juvenated NOMADS

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

Being a kustom fanatic nothing can top Kustoms Illustrated ...if it came out once a week I would still buy everyone :D. Keep up the great work Luke!!

12. This month, Street Rodder especial pg. 70:rolleyes: See avatar.......

I will admit I buy TRJ for the great photography, same reason I used to buy PB..
    I still like Rod & Custom. Hot Rod & Car Craft were favs as a kid but today to commercial and way to much Camaro type stuff.
    I like Hot Rod delux and some of the other current in vogue mags, but only on a issue at a time deal...

13. THE RODDER'S JOURNAL
    ROLLS AND PLEATS

....and, since I'm back in Sweden...

GASOLINEMAGAZINE
    /primerkid

Attached Files:

14. Hahahaha don't tell anyone on here but I occasionally read OSR. Some cool stuff but not a big fan of the rat stuff in it. I think the beer would be a better idea than the soap. If you do wash your mouth out with soap though don't drop it whatever you do!:rolleyes:

15. hemi

hemi

I am not... :D

16. The Rodders Journal isn't a magazine...

My favorite magazines... in no particular order...

Hot Rod... Because there is hot rodding outside of "Traditional Hot Rodding".

"The old" Rodder's Digest... Because the chemistry between Burger, Hendrickson and McWhirtski (haha) was priceless.

Rod and Custom There was something special when Pat Ganahl brought it back, once again... and that faded over time.

Car Craft For low buck hot rodding at its best... going fast in the quarter mile CHEAP... nothing beats it.

Rod and Kulture For the cars and photography... oh, and the articles. :D

Hot Rod Deluxe Cars, photography... and "articles"... they are ther ginchiest.

Sam

17. Labold

Labold

TRJ is my favorite, even if it is a bit pricey.

18. hemi

hemi

I heart Car Craft.

19. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

The Rodders Journal, Rod & Kulture, Hot Rod Deluxe :cool:. I subscribed to Street Rodder for years because of the price, hoping to get some ideas... Now it's just ONE BIG ADVERTISEMENT, so I let my subscription lapse.

20. Crease

Crease

TRJ is the only one I bother subscribing to. Kustoms Illustrated is nicely done also.

21. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

Well... I know that some of you dont agree with the OSR, and the CKdeluxe, but i read them both.. And i read all the other ones i can get my hands on... I think they all have some ups and downs! Thats just me.. I even pick up lowrider on occasion! I just love cool customs! Thats what it comes down too! Some more than others, but anything that is real steele and has someones blood, sweat and tears im all about it!

22. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

I've had a Hot Rod Magazine subscription since I was 10 years old and at 41 years old, that makes 31 consecutive years! I'll probably have the latest issue on my deathbed someday. Before the Internet came along, magazines were what connected us together and up-to-date on everything. I've always liked Car Craft also quite a bit. It's always been a great hands-on Technical magazine. Now, I used to love Super Chevy of the Eighties-era when Editor Doug Marion was at the helm, but I can't stand it anymore. Popular Hot Rodding used to be a good magazine but I can't stand the entire Pro Touring/G-Machine craze at all. I REALLY like Hot Rod Deluxe and wish it was a monthly publication! A bit off-topic maybe, but I also enjoy Musclecar Review and Musclecar Enthusiast.......especially their stories of the 1961-1965 Factory Super Stocks and A/FX'ers!

23. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Used to subscribe to over a dozen of them.
    Now all I take is Speed Sport News.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  24. TRJ
    ROLLS & PLEATS
    MAGNETO
    GARAGE

oh and CHOPPED;)

25. Chuck R

Chuck R

Favorites depending on time frame. (year)
    Rod and Custom
    Street Rodder
    Rod Action
    Hop Up
    TRJ

Least Favorite
    Don't really have any, i have bought them all over the last 50 years and have found info in most. That was why I bought them in the first place.

26. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Traditional Rod & Kulture and Hot Rod Deluxe are my favorites. I don't like Motor Trend

27. Rikster

Rikster

TRJ, and Kustoms Illustrated

28. chop32

chop32

Kustoms Illustrated
    Hot Rod Deluxe

Dislikes:
    Old Skool Rodz

29. Ben Hall

Ben Hall
    from Adelaide

TRJ, Hot Rod and Chopped! Only wish Chopped came out more often.

30. BISHOP

BISHOP

I really like Rod & Custom.