Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects >>pride<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by R.C., Apr 17, 2010.

1. nofin

nofin
    from australia

I think those bits make up the headlight bracket (WTF?) but looking at the rest of that...thing...they could be the driver's seat or satnav or something.

2. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I have been working on my 32 now for 3 years..I couldn't imagine doing the things to it that i have seen at some of these shows.I would never leave the driveline open on my car especially since my soon to be 3 year old will be riding in the car with me when its finished.I want it to be safe and look good when its finished.I'm no professional and have never claimed to be and when i needed help i was never affraid to askthe guys around my hometown to help me get something figured out.I have Pride in my car it may not look like much right now but if it's ever finished i hope i will have the approval of the many fine people on this board.

3. kookee

kookee

Some folks like shock and the attention, is some funky culture thing our history seems to be passing through. Good or bad attention...

My only fear is that something, at some point, will happen to cause an unnecessary and unfortunate accident. The ripple effect will be negative attention of the general public, focused on any vehicle which was built before a period of time, and political pressure to stop letting these dangerous old cars travel the roads. It can affect us all.

However, weren't Hot Rods born out of wanting to go fast? Some may say that some of the hot rod culture was focused at "thumbing your nose at society/convention". But when did this include "thumbing your nose at safety"?

I like the safety inspection idea, but would owners of those vehicles come? Would they truely listen and do anything to correct any issues? Would they be blinded by their "cool" factor version of pride?

4. [​IMG]

Oh My God!!! Is that a radial tire???:rolleyes:

5. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Don't lump all young people together, just cause the young guys you know are stupid doesn't mean that we all are.

6. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

I thinks people would come out and get there cars inspected. I am going to start looking into making a list of things that should be inspected, around 25.
    If any one wants to volenteer on coming up with a 1x3 sticker design, I'll pay for printing. I could put a package to gether with stickers and inspection sheets then if any car club that wanted to host a safety day or do inspections at show they could do so. The "Eliminators" car club that I am in will sponsor the first safety day in Waco TX. I will let everyone know more about the date when It comes together. PM me if you want to help out
    thanks

7. That thing has been posted before.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  8. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

Here's one you might want to consider for the special case Rr...
    It's not 1x3 but it makes the point...unless it becomes a badge of honor:eek:

frankenfail.jpg

Just goes to show... you doll up a scary man and he's still scary.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  9. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas