Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Dude From St. Louis

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by roadworthy'49, Apr 17, 2010.

1. roadworthy'49

roadworthy'49

Hey all, I got linked over here from the Dodge Coronet Registry and liked what I found so I decided to join up. I have a '49 Dodge Meadowbrook that I am breathing life back into to make a daily driver for my wife, it's her wedding present from me. The car is in pretty good condition, but there will be a few things I want to change, I have already dropped the rear 2" and am gathering parts and info to drop the front 3". Still running the flat head 6, and I intend to keep it that way, but I may try to squeeze some more power out of there eventually. I'm getting the exhaust done in the next week or so, gonna run 2" pipe with a Flowmaster series 50 Delta Flow muffler... This is a slow process, since I don't have a garage, it took me all winter to get the car drivable even though the motor runs great.
    [​IMG]

2. junkmonger

junkmonger

Welcome, '49 Meadowbrook! Looks like a nice project. If you're going to hop it up later, you should get the Langdon Stovebolt dual exhaust manifolds before you hang your exhaust system so you don't have to do it again later. I used it with an offy 2 carb intake and it really woke up my '49 Dodge Wayfarer.
    http://www.stoveboltengineco.com/acartpro/product.asp?productid=172
    Just my 2 cents...
    Mike

3. T. Scott

T. Scott

awsome i have in my projects a 49 coronet check my pics sometime anyway Welcome From So. Cal. and good luck with it .... i thnk we have the same color too

4. shainerman

shainerman

Saint FUCKING Louis in da house!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to a wealth of knowledge and bullshit. Check out the St. Louis HAMBers social group.

5. roadworthy'49

roadworthy'49

Thanks for the link Mike, looks like some good stuff to find in there. I'm in Belleville quite a bit, I'd like to see your '49 sometime

6. Welcome from Rolla Mo.

7. junkmonger

junkmonger

You'll have to make a trip to New Zealand, if you want to see my '49 Dodge! I traded it for a chopped and sectioned '50 Ford from another HAMBer, who sold it to a guy from New Zealand. My current project is a '27 T modified with a 59AB flathead.

8. Welcome to the hamb.

9. Greetings from the western burbs........

10. roadworthy'49

roadworthy'49

Thanks for the welcome, all! I guess I need to clarify my first post when I stated I don't have a garage when in the pic behind the car there is clearly one there. I have the car stashed at a buddies house, and it was supposed to be a surprise for my wife, she didn't know I bought it, I actually got it in the beginning of October and my sister drank a bit too much and spoiled the secret near the end of November. Oh well, right? She still hasn't seen it personally, but has looked at a few pics. She is pretty excited about driving it around everyday, and we already sold her car to pay for the restoration. I sold one of my motorcycles just to buy the car, and I was kind of surprised she never noticed the bike missing out of the driveway...

11. Greetings from the Eastside.....

12. freeflynstl

freeflynstl

Welcome...from the South Side.

Andy
    St. Louis, MO

13. monster

monster

welcome from the illinois side

14. rockguy92

rockguy92

Welcome from O-HI-O