Register now to get rid of these ads!

Radir cheater slicks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blown348, Apr 17, 2010.

1. blown348

blown348
    from Finland

Well here´s my "little" problem. I have radir cheater slicks 7.75-15 in my 50 chevy. They get pretty good grip on road, broke my rear axle on my first full trottle test. Now I upgrated my rear end so it can take the beating so my question for you is how can I get best traction from these tires. Goeing to test my car in 1/4 mile and I want best possible traction from these tires.

How much should the tire pressure be to get best traction and should i do long or short burnout before stageing?:confused:

2. Just contact Radir!

3. blown348

blown348
    from Finland

i have send them e-mail about this but i wondered if anybody have used these tires and can tell me what kind of air pressure they used to get these tires to work best.

4. Do some searching on the HAMB but I'm pretty sure you are going to run pretty high pressure on those cheater slicks. I'd say 28-32 pounds.

5. Cshabang

Cshabang

Ive heard the same about pressures. I know Littleman was running pretty good with them on his truck.

6. blown348

blown348
    from Finland

i have search info about these in HAMB but i haven´t found any info about pressure. my car is about 3500lb and engine gives 447hp and max tq is 455ft.lb

7. Take a look for the post by stlouisgasser on the second page. His 55 is going to be closer to the weight of your car:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198263

8. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I have used them on several cars and they like more air pressure, about 28 to 34 lbs. Do test burnouts and look at the pattern. They are not a soft compound drag slick so they need pressure for correct contact patch.

9. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

the best way to get traction with those, is to take them off and get a modern slick.

10. Chopperman

Chopperman

bahahahahahahha