Register now to get rid of these ads!

2010 LSRU Pics from a Knuckleheads POV

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Knucklehead29, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Knucklehead29

Knucklehead29

I am sure many of you have seen these threads and read how everyone said this is a "can't miss" show. Well........I will sound like a broken record I guess and say that it is definitely a can't miss show. I had an absolute blast, and thanks so much to everyone who helped put it on. Special thanks to Sean Ornduff of Bruce's Rod Shop who helped me get my car going again after it wouldn't start at registration.

So we started our day by meeting at Rudy's off 290 with a couple other fellow HAMB'ers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After we got gassed up and talked about how awesome we were, we set off up 290 for Austin.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once we hit Giddings, TX it was almost like a car show at the gas station.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once we got to the car show this car caught my eye right away. Very unique paint job.

[​IMG]

2. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Great pix! Looked like fun.

3. Knucklehead29

Knucklehead29

4. Knucklehead29

Knucklehead29

The term PERIOD CORRECT comes to mind with this couple. My favorite of the Bruce's Rod Shop crew.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not quite sure they get much nicer than this truck. I stared at it for a good 25 mins.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall a GREAT first day. Not to mention I had this amazingly sweet half arm Hot Rod tan I was sporting from the drive in all day. I was in some good pain that night, but nothing could whipe the grin off my face...

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:D We stopped at this same gas station. Some got gas, some got snacks, some painted their nails, I shaved my legs.......then we were off again.:D

6. Knucklehead29

Knucklehead29

At the start of the second day my Austin buddies told me of this great place that served breakfast taco's. Apparently this little trailer cantina's have gotten pretty popular. Good food and good friends make for a happy knucklehead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Parked the ole gal in her day two parking spot at the show.

[​IMG]

the betties were plenty, and I wasn't complaining. :D

[​IMG]

The single gold tooth in the front took me back to the 80's for sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Decided to take in some of the mini bike racing. Well worth it!!

[​IMG]

Pretty sure I fell in love with this '62 Continental. Mark my words, one of these will be next project!

[​IMG]

Just bad ass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Having some fun now!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it!! What an amazing show. Thanks again to everyone who helped put this on. It was great finally meeting some of you HAMB'ers, and putting a face to a name. Can't wait till next year!!

7. Big Tony

Big Tony

Dig the fiddy tree... I hated missing it this year

8. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics! I hope there's more coming...

God bless Texas, Don't mess with Texas, Fuck you I'm from Texas, etc....

9. surfcaliforniasurf

surfcaliforniasurf

thanks for adding to the great coverage on the hamb

10. Knucklehead29

Knucklehead29

I wish I had more. My friend Gracie took a lot of pictures too, and when she gets done editing them I will add them to this thread. There were so many cars I almost didn't know what to do. Most car shows I go to I can snap a picture of almost every single car. This show I was just in awe at the number of amazing cars, and couldn't decide if I should clean up my drool or focus on taking pictures. I think I did a little of both.

11. Knucklehead29

Knucklehead29

Actually I found a few more from the HAMB meet and greet.

Attached Files:

12. It was nice to meet you, I really enjoyed the trip up. I gotta say, I get a big dumb grin on my face when I see a picture of my heap posted by someone else.

13. hey I dated a girl once that must have been making a grill just like the one in that Merc, found something just like it in her nightstand.

14. Knucklehead29

Knucklehead29

Brent it was great meeting you too! Gracie and I had a blast, and everyone was so nice. We'll have to get a bigger Caravan going this next year!