Register now to get rid of these ads!

My shoebox in here..It was about time!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Finnrodder, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I guess some of you guys remember this thread:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379161

I bought that same shoebox few months ago and it arrived safely to the new home.There was a slight delay with the shipping because the stowers were on strike,greedy bastards.
    At today i picked it up from the customs with a friend of mine who was willing to help me with the transport.My driver licence says that i can drive a motorcycle,car and truck but i am not allowed to tow a trailer with heavy loads..
    So i had to hire a driver.
    Anyway,there it is was:

[​IMG]

I tried to start it,but at first that was not a success,then i noticed that there was a kill switch.I turned the switch on and tried again,it started at the first crank!
    Sweet,squigy drive it to the freight company at the end of last december and i guess its not been used much after that.
    So we got it to the trailer:

[​IMG]

And we were ready to ride back home:

[​IMG]

2. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Lookin' GOOD Man, have fun with it!

Nick.

3. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

So the journey begins.We passed the worst trafficjam,which usually start at 4 pm in this same road:

[​IMG]

Yep,its still hanging there:

[​IMG]

And i got it safely to home.When i was at home,i had to call another friend of mine to help me to get it off from the trailer.It was much easier to get on the trailer by driving it,but taking it off from the trailer was trickier job to do,because i didnt find reverse....
    Anyway,here it is,safely delivered to the new home:

[​IMG]

4. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Nice chop on that one. I remember that thread. Glad to see a hood on it.

5. Abone29

Abone29

Neat ride,hope you enjoy it.I like the shovelhead in your profile,I've got a 96" shovel myself.

6. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

60'shotrod:

Thanks man,i will.

Mudslinger:

I guess there are a lot of diffrent opinions with the hoods,but mine is that i like it much better with the hood too.

Abone29:

Thanks,my bike is not a stroker,only 74 cid.But i got it a lot lighter by converting it to rigid.I guess it will go even faster if i lose few pounds.LOL

7. big creep

big creep

enjoy! too bad to see another one leave the states, but it looks like it went to a good home.

8. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

All the way up for reverse....:)
    Glad you are happy with it.

9. billys54

billys54

10. PITRE ART

PITRE ART

I like how the chop came out.

11. surfcaliforniasurf

surfcaliforniasurf

12. devilscustom

devilscustom
    from Sweden

13. Ozzie

Ozzie

congrats!!, what a trip that 51 has done. From a field in Richmond, MN to Miami, to West Palm to Europe. AWESOME!!!
    PS, That hood came from Huntsville, Alabama on my shoebox.

14. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Thanks guys and i am glad it made that trip safely.I've heard stories and seen few vehicles which havent arrive here in that condition they should be.I dont know is it the freight company workers or stowers who break something,but someone does.
    And there was a surprise in the trunk.Pair of garnish mouldings and an extra rear window section with rear window and window trim.Nobody said anything that they are included,so big THANK YOU for those guys!

15. Hey Finnrodder . . . cool to see you getting a shoebox! I'm 1/2 Finn - was just hanging out with my Mom and Aunt last week -- 100% Finns and BOTH have always been involved in my hotrod life.

Is your car running a flattie? Hopefully so -- if you ever need any help on all things 'FLAT', let me know!

Dale . . . from the Paananen clan.

16. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Alway glad to see a Kustom or hot rod go to a good home, wherever that may be. Have fun !

17. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Nice to see that here's guys with finnish roots.My dads cousin is retired and lives in Florida at wintertimes and summertimes he is in here Finland.I've visited there when i've been on Daytona bike week...

No,it doesnt have a flathead,sorry.It has a sbc...
    Okey,i know that small block chevys are a bit boring,but this is 265 cid from 1955,i think its cooler with same era motor,than it could be with 15 yrs old sbc or something.
    I have a 8ba,project motor with stock bore,but i am going to save it to some other project.I'll keep that in my mind if i need any help with the flathead,thanks for the offer!

[​IMG]

Roger guy Hardin 1 likes this.
  18. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Thanks,i've noticed that some of the guys are worried that is it in good home?
    Well,there is not going to be easter egg colour or bigger wheels than 15".My goal is to keep it as a traditional style kustom

19. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

nice looking ride nothing wrong with that sbc

20. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Thanks for the pics, and story will be watching this one..

21. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

That is a true blue 1955 Chevy 265 w/powerglide motor(it is "Traditonal").
    Motor was rebuilt and also the transmission.It runs really good and reliable.
    Oh yeah if forgot about the other stuff i put in the trunk.;-)
    I thought you would enjoy the few extra parts.Keep us posted.

22. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

welcome to the shoebox club brother!

23. jerseymike

jerseymike

hey finnrodder, followed the thread on the chop of that car and thought it looked great. was always curious if it had gotten finished. good luck and keep us posted with pics. jerseymike

24. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Thank you guys.I think that there's a lot work do,but i guess i'll start with fabricating new floorpans and replacing new rockers.I found a pair of rockers from ebay,just waiting when they'll be in here..
    Then glasswork,garnish mouldings etch.And i have to figure out how to do mechanical hidden door handles,the law requires them in here with shaved doors.
    At this week i am on vacation from work and i am going to keep my 4 week summervacation at june.So i dont have any problems how to spend those weeks:D

25. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

4 weeks!
    i'm moving..

26. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Thats not all,in my work we have chance to take our holiday bonus as two weeks extra vacation instead of money.
    I've done that for last 3 yrs and gone to Daytona bike week.Looks like i am going to pass Daytona's journey at next year and put that bonus to shoebox.

27. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I heard that the seats were from late 50's Chrysler.Nope,they were from 65' SS Impala.
    I took them off and sold them at today.I've thinked of buying bench seats,as a front seat too.But at this point its just a big maybe.
    Original seats are rare in here,so they are out of game.Any suggestions?

28. barfers

barfers
    from Florida

29. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

So i've started this project by replacing rocker to the drivers side.My plan was that i'll do all the sheetmetal work first to drivers side and then to the passengers side.
    Just because the garage is not the biggest one,so i thought it could be easier by that way.

[​IMG]

I guess this is one way to repair rockers,but i think its not my thing to do it by this way.Well,i've seen a lot worse before this one.

[​IMG]

So here is the new one.Its been a while that i have done rocker work to cars,but i guess its a bit better than the old one was.

30. teddyp

teddyp

the car looks greathope you have many years of enjoyment out of it i for one i,m glad it,s got a sbc in it good motor fits nice had one with a 283 sbc in it and one with a y-block when i was a kid