Register now to get rid of these ads!

Modified Production

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by colesy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,Another SS AMX turned Mod Production ,, ,,,but this pic is too show that Mountain off the end of the drag strip ,,

[​IMG]

2. T. Scott

T. Scott

my uncle has an AMX he bought when it was new low miles on it and its still in his garage Bad ASS pics Thanks!!

els likes this.
  3. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,T.Scott; those old AMX's are gettin' pretty rare,,not sure how many were made ,,but it couldn't have been very many ,,when this one was still runnin' Super Stock ,,it gave that SS396 Camaro a run for it's money ,,even beat it a few times,,
    kicked butt against the Mustangs & MOPARS ,,not sure how ,,but the American Motors Dealer up there got TWO of em ,,
    the MOPAR Dealer got FIVE factory lightweight Hemi cars ,,3 Dodges and 2 Plymouths ,,the Chevy Dealer got TWO COPO 427 Camaros ,,and TWO Yenko 427 Novas ,,
    my daily driver ,then,,was a '69SS396 Chevelle ,,it was a hot bed of muscle cars ,,not to mention Mod Production and Gassers ,,
    Main street Anchorage on a Friday & Sat Nites look like a scene from American Grafitti or Hollywood Knights ,,a great time in my life fer sure ,,
    [​IMG]

els likes this.
  4. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

5. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,,it was a shame when NHRA did away with the Gas and Mod Production classes ,,left us down to earth racers back to street racin' ,,glad to see the Nostalgia Drags croping up all over now ,,,'specially the HAMB and the AHRA Reunion Drags at MOKAN ,,great stuff ,,

els likes this.
  6. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,Sum More Alaska Drag pics ,,,that Green Camaro was a COPO 427 ,the Red Altered " the Silly Bear Spl" ,was a A/A NHRA Nat'l record holder in '69 ,,raced in the lower 48 in the winter ,,the owner had Bear Run Building Materrials & drove that Green Chevy 396 BB P/Up , ,,that Red Chevy 427 Biscaine blew the doors offa that Factory Liteweight Hemi Plymouth ,,,that '56 and the '55 were D/G and E/G ,,
    [​IMG]

els likes this.
  7. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,BTT; too kool a thread to get lost ,,

els likes this.
  8. Dave2spd

Dave2spd

Carl says the Ridgerunner Ram Manifold was cast @ Agawam Foundry. It was not cast by Edelbrock, I do have one of the BB manifolds that was never drilled out for the mounting bolts! I also remember Carl working on the Ridgerunner Ram Hoodscoop @ Deb's.

els likes this.
  9. Larry T

Larry T

Edelbrocks tunnel ram was based on Carroll Caudles intake. Caudle sent them his intake and they cut it up. Kinda upset him, so when they sent him a wooden plug to check out he kept it. I heard he still has it on a shelf at his shop.
    Larry T

els likes this.
  10. colesy

colesy

Modified line-up at Indy 1970.

Attached Files:

• a2.jpg
      a2.jpg
      File size:
      65.2 KB
      Views:
    els likes this.
  11. Ralph Ridgeways C/MP awesome runnin' 301 ci '55 Chevy! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
    els likes this.
  12. BBMan

BBMan

a/mp, 1974

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2010
    els likes this.
  13. I would like to see some mid '60's Biscaynes and Bel Airs.

els likes this.
  14. Larry T

Larry T

Without a front bumper? You would have gotten protested around here. And how about the slicks hanging out a little?
    Larry T

els likes this.
  15. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>.Modified Production Rules; had to run stock bumpers ,,and NO modified sheet metal ,ie; stock rear wheel wells and inner fender panels ,,thus,,,the widest slick we could run was ,,mostly 7 inches,,,sum cars could get 8 inchers in there ,,but not very many ,,plus,,NO fiberglass hoods unless they came from the factory ,,

els likes this.
  16. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

I ran a legal NHRA C/MP back in 68 in So. Cal. You had to have front and rear bumpers and a max. 7" cheater slicks. I ran the old Caslers myself. Those cut wheelwells and no bumpers moved you to the gas classes period.
    [​IMG]

els likes this.
  17. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,Mr. Jean; you are So right on!!! ,we ran 7inch Atlas Bucrons on our '62 Impala / 409 / 4-speed and our '57 327 Chevy /Hydro ,,,
    when the front bumpers came off ,,they were gas class cars,,PLUS,,without hedder collectors and rear push bars/bumpers ,,IE; weed sweepers ,,they went into the Altered Classes,,the rules were pretty clear back then ,,Plus,,Gas Class cars didn't have to run front brakes ,,Mod Production cars had to run stock brakes ,,no engine setback ,,and a full interior , stock glass and an engine true to the mfg of the car body ,,

els likes this.
  18. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Yup, had to run the light weight Alum. flywheel just to get traction. Had an old Edelbrock cross ram on it then.:cool: I moved up to the gasser class next, with whole tube axle, glass front end, Hilborn injection thing. The old need for speed deal.;)

[​IMG]

My how the time and parts have changed too. Starting to feel old again, better go now.....:D

els likes this.
  19. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

Mr. Jean; Great looking '57 Gasser,,'68 & '69 ,i ran C/Gas in this BB 396 Chevy /Muncie 4-speed powered '54 Ford P/UP ,,,those were sum fun days ,,
    [​IMG]

els likes this.
  20. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Yup, lots of great memories, from them good ol days.:cool:

els likes this.
  21. BBMan

BBMan

Larry, you are absolutely correct. I built the car pictured in '71-'72 exactly to A/MP specs and it tech'd as such. In '73, I gutted the interior and doors, removed the front bumper and front brakes; added one glas bucket, plexiglass side windows, 12" Goodyears with wheelwells to match, which put me in B/G. These pics are after the mods, but before a fiberglas tilt front end and a stint with Jackson injectors. I can find no pics in A/MP trim. Thanks for keeping me honest and I'd like to blame a little bit of it on CRSS. My apologies to all for my screw up.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
    els and Rat Sass like this.
  22. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Welcome aboard,Ralph.Great pix,if you got more keep them coming and maybe tell some tales of the era.
    Saw you run at Lebanon Valley back when,big influence on me when I built my G/MP 57 Chevy wagon.Used a Ridgeway studgirdle and the TR-1,Ridgerunner clone.

Bob

els likes this.
  23. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

These are really cool; thanks a bunch, Ralph! I especially liked the Camaro pix. I really miss watching those M/P cars in action, especially during the years of 1970-74!

Regards,

Pete

els likes this.
  24. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

The "Candy Man"...

[​IMG]

Pete

els likes this.
  25. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Jim Lindsay's Pepper Mill.......H/MP...300 Ford six......1971 Indy winner

Being restored

Attached Files:

els likes this.
  26. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

This ain't your low-rpm, Powerglide-equipped, garden-variety BORING bracket car, kiddies. See that D/A designation on the window? That means only one thing: BAD-ASS!

[​IMG]

Pete

els likes this.

27. whoo i'm shaking in my boots pete.

els and Rat Sass like this.
  28. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

Forgot all about this car ...saw it run years ago Phuckin Awesome

els likes this.
  29. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

What's your problem? I insulted your beloved bracket racing? Bracket racing SUCKS.

Pete

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
    els likes this.
  30. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

[​IMG]

Pete

els likes this.