Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Denise and Megans BIG Texas Lonestar RoundUp Adventure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Apr 15, 2010.

1. surfcaliforniasurf

surfcaliforniasurf

your posts on your roadtrips are some of my favorite things to read on the HAMB, thanks for all the pics and commentrary!

2. studhud

studhud

Denise It was great hanging with you too! I am surprised you never saw that car before in Paso then again 1950 miles to Austin was the farthest I have driven it to a show not bad for a flathead six still running 6 volts! You coming to Salina for KKOA? I already drove the BOMB to to Kansas and left it (Thanks Mcphail & Meyers) so the Hudson is going to Santa Maria. By the way I am a Beatnik "Prospect"
    Update no longer prospect now member!
    C Ya in Santa Maria??
    Dave Hitch

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  3. river1

river1

so the big question is how much is your ticket? and was the cop cute?

later jim

4. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Well done!!! Very nice as always.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  5. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

I've been waiting for your coverage and I'm not disapointed. Thanks for sharing with us who couldn't attend. See you at Bonneville!

6. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Awesum pics, thanks for sharing.
    Scotty

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Whan an awesome show , brought to us by 2 awesome ladies, thanks Denise and Megan

looks like you 2 had a great time.

8. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Great stuff! As always; looks like you girls had a blast!

9. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

bitchen post as always, see you both next weekend

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The cop WAS handsome, alittle older, just how I like'm. The ticket is $195.00 .....ouch. One HAMB pal is trying to work on a connection, seeing if he can get it "taken care of". Megan was so sure I was just going to get a warning but alas that wasn't my luck. Not even a tiny break.:eek:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and yes. :D

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I wish I coulda been there, next year, hopefully.

13. Denise,

Megan and your posts are so freaking great, I always enjoy myself. I love that you post SOOO much stuff! And there are really funny, you should think about writing professionally.

Thanks for posting this, I love you guys.

14. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

great coverage denise. i gotta make it out to this soon.

15. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Thanks Denise! I added your thread to the LSRU pix thread. Mark i say we make an East Coast venture to LSRU next year for shure! I don't wanna miss it

16. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

You don't do Mexican?
    Well , that settles it.. You and I will never be together.

Thanks for this great picture tour. You two seem to have a great time and it shows up in the pics and the narative. One of the reasons the HAMB is great!

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A group of us just hanging out. Even though it took awhile to get our food it really was no big deal as we were all really enjoying each others company. Hanging out at Ski Shores was nice and relaxing unlike the rest of the weekend.

[​IMG]

The houses in the area are HUGE. Megan and I spent some time cruzn around looking at them on our way to Mercury Charlie's shop party. We tried to find the big one that you can see from Ski Shores that sits up on the hill across the way. Not sure if this is it or not.
    [​IMG]

By the time we got to Mercury Charlie's the party was in full swing!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  18. greatness D!!!! who you callin' hot? takes one to know one!!!

19. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Thanks for the wonderful coverage. As usual you have a way of capturing the trip in such a way that by the end of the thread I seem to have been there myself.

That is priceless for those of us that for one reason or another are unable to travel as we would like to.

Your time and effort in sharing with us is the greatest gift one could recieve..................:)

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You know you are the reason for this thread. I REALLY enjoyed our conversation Saturday night. Thanks for the chat.

I [​IMG] Hammy

21. [​IMG]

The last time I saw this old bloke (trying to impersonate Santa) was in the Club Animal bus in the middle of Lake Gairdner, South Australia at the 2010 Dry Lakes Racers Australia Speed Week!

G'Day Bob :)

22. This is why I don't even bother to take pictures. Great job, Denise.

23. Thanks for the great pics, Denise! I love this car, it's paint is freaking beautiful! Any info or more pics of this(interior/exterior)?

Attached Files:

• 140.jpg
      140.jpg
      File size:
      164.7 KB
      Views:
  24. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

no shit.. I kept thinking to myself all weekend.. man I should be taking more pics. Then the internal "self" said.. "Why? Denise is here... anything you would have taken a pic of will be on the hamb... right click save as...."

25. thanks for the great coverage denise,i got a kick out of denise painting her toe nails using the dash board of a corvette as a foot rest

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Seems like everyone made it out to Mercury Charlies
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My good buddy Terry who when I asked him where his wonderful teenage son was proceeded to inform me that he stayed home because as a senior in high school who has not missed ONE day of school in 12 years, he was going to be eliable to win a brand new Mustang from the local Ford dealer. Therefore he didn't want to take a day or two off school for the RoundUp. Good luck to him!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Miss Print's edsel, GREAT seeign ya again sweetie! I'm glad we got the chance to hang out and chat
    [​IMG]

Laura's (Forgot her HAMB name) awesome El Camino
    [​IMG]

BibOveralls and 56Kustom, nice seeing both you boys again! Thanks for the hugs!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spent quite a bit of time chatting up my good pal CJ Steak. Enjoyed hanging with ya bud!
    [​IMG]

How neat is this jacket?
    [​IMG]

So by now it's late afternoon and we decide to start heading to Kathy and Tanya's place in Friendswood about 3 hours away where we are going to spend the night. We stop here and there on the way back picking up trinkets and enjoying the drive. I wasn't really paying attention the speed limit signs as we were on a major highway 290 and for the most part I thought the signs said 70MPH. At one point I mention to Megan how the speed can get away from you in the Vette. I'd be doing 65 or 70 then the next thing I knew I'd be doing 80 AND it never felt like I was going any faster. She then says to me "doesn't it have cruise control?" I said yeah but never turned it on. Wasn't too long later when there was a cop sitting on the serivce drive, he flipped on his lights and as we passed him he pointed at us. Bummer:(
    [​IMG]

Pulled us over, walked up to the passenger side, Megan had a short skirt on AND was showing some clevage. We were both very polite, yes sir and no sir, answerign all his questions. Megan thought for sure we'd get out of it. No such luck. He came back with a big fat ticket for 14 MPH over.:eek: Anyone have a brother in law or other relative on the Brenham Police force or a judge for that court??

[​IMG]

Oh well, continue on. We got to Kathy and Tanya place and settled in for the evening and just enjoyed each others company that night. I wasn't going to let a little ticket spoil the weekend.

27. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Yes he does:D:D:D

28. buck8

buck8
    from Austin

Denise, I wish I woulda met you I don't post to often but I must say I look forward to your coverage every year!!

29. kisam

kisam

Good thing he didn't know about the double dipping of Blue Bell! He might have cuffed ya and thrown you to the ground! Guess I should have put the jammer back in before we left!:D How ironic that it happened in Brenham!
    [​IMG]

30. NoSurf

NoSurf

Great coverage as always.

Thank you.