Register now to get rid of these ads!

It's A Start!

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by homer78, Nov 29, 2007.

1. homer78

homer78

Finally got some time to post some pics of my collection of bits hopefully will become a Volvo powered ha/gr from Brisbane Aust.
    The engine is 1961 b18 from P1800-gearbox is 4 spd from a 142-diff Mitubishi L300-front end Ford E83W light truck.The build is slow as the 9-5 is more like 6-6 then family stuff , then another weeks gone. Maybe over a short xmas break I'll get chassis welded then look at the cage.Good luck to all who are competing in Sydney at WSID surely the weather has to be better than what it was in Brisbane.

cheers Michael.

Attached Files:

2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Hey Michael,

Looks like you have a good bunch of parts to work with. Nice to see more building with different engines. The carbs we will be using to feed the Dodge flathead 6 in our HA/GR came off a Volvo.

Start a build thread and keep us posted on your progress.

3. QQMOON

QQMOON

Hey Homer good to see you made a start .... Hook up with Nigel the green car he will point you in the right direction ......

QQ

4. Great to see a start, keep chipping away...bit by bit

Ditto, part of the beauty of these things is 'getting involved', as the extra encouragement and help will certainly make the experience much more enjoyable and forthcoming.

Cheers,

Drewfus

5. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

It looks like a great start to me. Good luck.

6. Rand Man

Rand Man

Glad to see you in the game. Would you mind explaining your thoughts on that front end? Are you planning some sort of trick articulation?

7. Looks like you've overtaken me (and we haven't even hit the track yet). Congrats on the progress. My cousin has come on board witth my project and he seems to have the bits I don't (except we're still chasing a front axle).

See ya on the strip!

-Pete

8. homer78

homer78

Attached Files:

9. homer78

homer78

Here is a couple of updated photos and new video with SU's installed, a new partner in the build has seen things realy start to happen.[​IMG]
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Wato2408
    Michael and Adrian.

Attached Files:

10. teda265

teda265

Looking good so do you think it'll be ready for the next Nostalgia meeting in August?

It'll be good to see another 4 Banger on the track.

11. Living Hamb

Living Hamb

Looking good Micheal. Glad to see some progress. Have made some progress on our's over the last couple of weeks thanks to Poppa John having some time off. Rear end pretty much mounted. Front end mounted. Onto the engine and drivetrain mounting over the next couple of weeks. Also picked up some good deals on safety gear over the last few week some am ready from that respect. Now just need finished car to drive LOL

Attached Files:

12. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

How good is this , more cars on the track , boy oh boy I can't wait until August . Anyone need any help in any way just let me know how I can help.

13. ScottV

ScottV

Looking great Michael, what is the cowl from ???

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  14. homer78

homer78

Hi ScottV the car with the cowl belongs to Living Hamb who also lives here in Brisbane.

15. Living Hamb

Living Hamb

Sorry for hijacking your post Micheal lol.... I have no idea what the cowl is?? i picked it up from a swap meet from an old guy that was cleaning out his shed. He told me it was from a Humber but have done some investigation (thanks to the net!!) and nothing looks close in the Humber photos i can find. But i think it looks cool....whatever it is

16. ScottV

ScottV

What are the odds of finding someones clean out junk and and it works perfect on your Hambster !!!???!!!

*OBTW* Michael I think you have gone beyond "It's a Start!" !!!:p