Register now to get rid of these ads!

60'-70's Vintage Oval Track Modifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john56h, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k9racer

k9racer

not meaning to brag but last sat 03 apr 2010 I won the opening week feature so that makes 6 decades for me.. Bobby Huntsville Alabama no k9

2. shamrock 3x

shamrock 3x

Racemad55,
    Thanks for posting that GREAT clip of Monk winning at Fonda. That was just about perfect!

3. Race Artist

Race Artist

Congrats! That's something to be proud of ... brag a bit!;-)
    Joel

4. Race Artist

Race Artist

5. rustdodger

rustdodger

to rob a line from an old John Wayne movie "if you can do it it ain't braggin'"

6. Race Artist, I said keep the stories rolling!!! I enjoy them, just one of the longest conversations about two to four cars that just maybe be one or two different cars, but built by the same man! lol Did I get it right? lol Like I said keep the stories going, it's awesome!

7. [​IMG]
    One of the baddest coupes ever...NOW DEBATE THAT! haha :) Okay guess some of the Long Islanders will be bias on this one with me!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. [​IMG]
    Jim Shampine
    [​IMG]
    Jim Travers
    [​IMG]
    Jimmy Winks

9. [​IMG]
    Jim Zacharias
    [​IMG]
    Joe Bubbico 1975 Plainville
    [​IMG]
    Joe Tiezze 16 with Ed Reed Sr.

10. [​IMG]
    Danbury
    [​IMG]
    Bernard Tex Samuelson
    [​IMG]
    Jim Shampine, neat coupe

11. FastAndLoose

FastAndLoose
    from Warren, PA

How 'bout Lou Blaney?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. RJE71

RJE71

Hello there Rentawrench ... I will see if I can locate the post/page #'s again .. One I saw posted here was a Red # 40 pic taken at night. And then there is another pic I had run across on the net that was of a open wheel mod, but right next to it in the background was another VW.. Haven't been able to locate the pic again though.

13. RJE71

RJE71

Hello John, thanks for the info and have sent you a email as well would enjoy seeing any pics of those cars... RJ

14. Ken_Schou

Ken_Schou

Now both restored & owned by Harold Seaman .. it's still a "BAD" car !!!!! :)

15. kholm65

kholm65
    from NY

Buzzie

Attached Files:

16. Congratulations K9 :):) .

17. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

I remember the night at Kentucky Motor Speedway near Whitesville when Waltrip trashed his 1958 Ford in a practice crash. P.B. usually had the fastest cars, bringing the 47 and 48 Chevelles up from Franklin and using the 48 for a backup. There was always a good race between he and Darrell on those Sunday nights. He put DW in the 48 that night, and as they say, the rest is history.

18. bakes

bakes
    from albany NY

[​IMG]
    jerry hayes

The two kids in the white blanket above the checkered flag are my sister and I.

19. allstarracing

allstarracing

I know it is not your type of cars but I have won races in five decades starting in the sixties. I hope I can drive in the oldtimers races around here and win in the 2010's. Allstarracing

20. bakes

bakes
    from albany NY

I still remember Jeff driving this car at Riverhead in the mid 1980s. It was like "Cavalier, Cavalier, Cavalier, Pinto, Cavalier... what the hell????"

Does anyone know what ever happened to this car? The body was around forever, back into the 1960s IIRC.

21. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

"Bakes" , shoot me a year. I most likely was not too far away.

22. [​IMG]
    joe kelly
    [​IMG]
    joe kennedy
    [​IMG]
    johnny roberts

23. [​IMG]
    john blewett
    [​IMG]
    flemington car
    [​IMG]
    joe chowansky

24. [​IMG]
    joe spellburg II
    [​IMG]
    joey laquerre vw :)
    [​IMG]
    john bunnell

25. [​IMG]
    joe trudeau
    [​IMG]
    joe orso
    [​IMG]
    joe thomas

26. Johnnyone

Johnnyone

Wow , look at the size of that roll bar in the 96 !

27. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I can about guarantee all the bars in that car are old driveshafts!I saw this many times. In the very early 60s they were just starting to crack down on cages.Ive seen about everything in these old cars from drive shaft tubing to,EMTtubing,Water pipe,Muffler tubing,Old swing set tubes,I've even seen a couple cars get caught with plastic and cardboard tubes in cages covered with pipe insulation!Thompson really started cracking down on cage tech when a driver went over the 4th turn and landed on his roof in the parking area the entire top of the modified coupe he was driving crushed because everything but 1 tube was muffler molly that 1 tube was the one he had an "inspection hole" drilled in .When I was running at Thompson in the street stocks(Dare Devil Division then 1971)water pipe was still a legal cage material.

28. monksfan

monksfan
    from fonda n.y.

**Absolutely a BIG THANKS** to Racemad55 for posting the Lou Lazzaro clip from Fonda.The video has already made its way onto the Facebook Lou Lazzaro Tribute Race page,along with hundreds of pictures from throughout the Monks career,many of which have never been before seen.
    May 15th 2010 will be a very special night in Fonda N.Y..This race & honor is long overdue.

29. racemad55

racemad55

Actually I should have said 5, 4 at fonda, sorry !

30. Interesting about the drive shaft roll bars.

[​IMG]
    John Meade
    [​IMG]
    John Nuzum wrecked
    [​IMG]
    Johnny Bryant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.