Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help!! A fellow hamber and good friend is down and needs our help.HE GOT ROBBED!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Apr 12, 2010.

1. SILVERRACER

SILVERRACER
    from I dunno

2. Patrick46

Patrick46

I can't see how anybody would buy a car like this WITHOUT the proper paperwork and title in hand!!!!??? (if this is it or not.....)

3. johnnykck

johnnykck

Just got back from the cruise and handed out fliers and talked to some folks.

4. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

anybody call the cl guy yet to see what he says?

5. LaidoutRivi63

LaidoutRivi63

6. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

just called 8:20 wc time got a message service???????

7. RDO_23

RDO_23

that number in the craigslist ad for the 63 Riv is registered to a Notary in Los altos as well as a few other car related ads on craigslist:

Linda Duran
    CONTACT INFORMATION
    Preferred Phone :
    Day Phone :
    Evening Phone :
    Home Phone : (408) 396-3703
    Office Phone : (408) 396-3703
    Fax : (650) 428-1989
    Cellular Phone : (408) 396-3703
    Pager :
    E-mail : [email protected]

PRIMARY ADDRESS
    1832 Alford Avenue
    Los Altos, CA 94024

MORE INFORMATION
    24 Hour Service : No
    E-Docs : Yes
    Laser Printer : No
    Internet : no

8. CShroom

CShroom

9. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Called the number it's at wheels and deals, looks like it is not the car, bad paint and different color inside Santa Clara

10. Patrick46

Patrick46

I e-mailed them, and got the same wheels & deals responce that Rainhater1 got.

the exact response I got was: "You can see car at Wheels and Deals in Santa Clara ca , it has a 425 wildcat, Diflow tran, it is a 1963 Rivera"....that was all.

11. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Hey RDO,can you do this with a vehicle vin or plate number?

12. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Get in touch with this guy that posted on CL and tell him that there is a reward leading to information for the return of the stolen Rivi. The thieves might try to part out your '63,and they might just try to sell it to him:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/1692185768.html

13. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

WTF? They are trying to sell a $1.3M dollar house on CL with a 2 line ad, no photos, or anything? Well, at least they say it will come with a title! Damn, I'd hope so. LMFAO!! Man, they can't be the sharpest sticks in the world. But, might explain the U-Hauls.

My totally uniformed guess is it isn't them. Regardless, this whole thing seems incredibly odd and had to be somebody in the know some how or the other.

14. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

johnny , i just got you a small top box 4 drawer with lid , blk , 12 x16 x26 only a year old .....just used for tattoo supplys ..one of my employees donated it too ya (thanks nate ! ) + the bench grinder i told ya about earlier today .....i'll keep lookin' ....scotty.

15. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

16. SILVERRACER

SILVERRACER
    from I dunno

Johnny stay positive you know when there is a set back there is always a comeback.

17. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

thanks bryon , i just spent 2 hours on jaxed, that the shit to look for stuff ....haha....i did not see a rivi looking like your customers though johnny...

18. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

when you gotta find something fast, jaxed is the ticket!!

19. binderfan

binderfan
    from bay area

20. big creep

big creep

sorry to hear what happened to your shop! have you been able to post the video of the assholes who broke in,on youtube? maybe someone will recognize the crooks, or is it too far to see any detail?

21. Johhny:

I've seen you around, and people I know have respect for you so there is a little something in the Pay-Pal for you. I will keep my eyes & ears open down in my area of the world. Might be worth posting an ad on every Craigslist in California about the theft, and what was stolen. Get the word out far & wide. You have a lot of people pulling for you, this could happen to any one of us and catching these bastards is in everyones interest.

Unk

22. RAY With

RAY With

money on the way

23. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

keep an eye on Craigslist tool section. Seems alot of stolen tools show up there. Give the bastards some "frontier justice".

24. johnnykck

johnnykck

I talked to a friend who used to be a cop and he told me not to post the video, the people that were involved might want to see just exactly what info we got from the video and it's best to keep them guessing.

25. Then why does law enforcement release robbery videos daily to the press asking for leads and info? Strength in numbers. Right now you have a very small handfull of people really looking or know anything. :cool:

26. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

because a robbery is a lot different then a long burglary. think about it...

27. You could always post just stuff you think might help guys ID them.

28. SILVERRACER

SILVERRACER
    from I dunno

Always go with your gut Johnny but also I would be listining to any advise a fellow officer has to offer you and I agree with him.

29. cdaily3

cdaily3

bump

this should be sticky

30. 7/11

7/11

I am the guy Johnny built the La Salle for. and I just want to say thanx to Alex to start this threat. Johnny is a hard working, reliable & trustworthy man who doesn´t deserve all of this. I am pretty amazed how all you HAMBers stick together to support him......keep going ! there isn´t much I can do from germany but to bump this up.
    I´ll call you today, Johnny
    Thumbs up !!!!!