Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dumbest thing an "EXPERT" has said about your ride?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SOHC427, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

In my 1945 vw getting gas, you have to open the hood to gass it up. A guy walking by says '' aw man some one stole yer motor'' . walks around back and says '' good thing there's a spare in the trunk.... funny .

2. All i can hear from people when telling me about my 65 Galaxie vert...i just hear Charlie Browns school teacher...lol
    wahhh waaaaah waaahhhh waahhwhaahh wahhhhahhahh wah waahhah wahh wa waaahhhhhhh wahhwaaahwaahhwhaahwah

(my 65 is a pre-production pilot car)..but hey..you know how it goes,,they know more about your car than you do..lol

3. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

them: what year is that???
    me :49 chevy (or 54 olds)
    them: I had a 73 maverick once
    awkward silence......
    me:mmmmm ok have nice day
    ....god i hate going to the gas ststion :)

4. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

I was once told that the 350 in my 80 El Camino ran so good because it was painted Ford Blue. It was GM Blue, but oh well.

5. Ratfink749

Ratfink749

Quite OT but I used to have a 99 Dakota, Dropped, 408V8 swapped and for what it was.. made to be pretty cool.. I had someone walk over to me once and tell me "Wow.. I've never seen anyone turn a truck into a useless car quite as well as you have.."

6. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

In my own view, once you put air bags in a truck, its useless. But lowering blocks just make it easier to load shit, and therefore more useful in my opinion. Its not like a 2wd pickup can go much of anywhere off road anyway without dragging frame and getting stuck.

I had alot of rednecks bitch about my lowered S-10. Most of them didn't even have a truck.

7. "Please don't chop it"

yeah right.. lol :D

8. Ratfink749

Ratfink749

It wasn't bagged.. but was still just as useless, 1.5" of suspension until it hit the rear bump stops. cornered like it was on rails but the only thing it actually hauled was ass. Drop lower arms, leaf spring mounts and shackle mounts. Was a fun little ride while I had it.

9. Probably some crap about the dents or scratches

10. beater32

beater32

"Is it a 31 or a 32?" refering to my 32 project...

11. AntiBling

AntiBling

I once heard a ignorant hick with a lowered S-10 from Kentucky tell me that air bags in a truck make it useless.

12. When is the last time I did not see a semi-truck with airbags hmmmmmm??????? Alot of trucks people use for towing have airbags for load leveling hmmmm. Just saying they can't be that useless, right?-Weeks

13. My truck came fitted with rear airbags (auto load levelers) straight from the factory.

14. paulie_boy13

paulie_boy13
    from NC

Ok. Here's a laugh on me. When I was young and dumb and didn't know my head from a hole in the ground. I was talking with this older guy. We were talkin about his Car. I asked what size motor. He said 350 ..... Now I know I know... I was thinking 302...I got my 3s confused (being young and dumb) ....so I asked, chevy or the Ford 350...(knowing the guy said 350 but thinking 302 anyway) guy looked at me and said I gotta go. Hahaha

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks I just spat coke at my computer.....:D:p

16. Scumdog

Scumdog

Dude looking at my 8BA flathead "It's a V-6, you can tell because it only has three exhaust pipes on each side...":p

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  17. louie the fly

louie the fly

MY wife had a Chev Monza a few years ago. We went on a cruise night, and this total tool said "you know, you not supposed to bring jap (sorry folks) shit on these cruise nights. Still, I've never seen a MAZDA like that before". Wanker!

Louie

18. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

ain't no cure for stupid

19. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I think he was being funny, thats an OLD OLD VW joke, it's almost as old as "do you carry an extra rubber band in the front?" I haven't heard an VW jokes in years. Had a friend of mine drive one cross country one time, He had nearly a spare motor in parts in the front and shoved in the car, if it broke he fixed it on the side of the road. So I guess he did have an extra. I'm old enough to remember when you could get an entire spare engine for nearly nothing, If you tore one up, it wasn't hard to find one.

20. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

NSRA Pueblo last year:

Stupid old fart: You built your blower motor wrong...
    Me: No I didn't
    Stupid old fart: Yes you did
    Me: Why?
    Stupid old fart: It's making a funny "whining" noise

Me: (I hate people)

21. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I did like the guy who looked at the finned aluminum twin plug head on my '32 Plymouth and said "Do you know how long it's been since I saw one of those?" "Quite a while." I replied "Since I made that one and it's the only one I made." Lots of mumbles as he walked away.

Attached Files:

• fins.JPG
      fins.JPG
      File size:
      67.4 KB
      Views:
  22. chevelle bob

chevelle bob
    from Linton

The end of al ong boring speech about this guys mustang he had a few years ago went like ".......When I got up the next morning and looked at my car I knew my son had been out street racign in it becasue the rear bumper was all bent up from doing wheelies....." I don't remember the rest since that was abotu when my brain locked up.

23. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

I heard a few funny ones during the lonestar round up. This drunk guy was looking at John Mearn's '36 Ford "Thats one of them Lincoln zephyrs". Another guy was looking at V8-60 with a Riley OHV conversion "thats a V8-60, the first flathead, they made these small ones before the other ones". I was sitting on congress watching the cars cruise by and this guy and his girlfriend walked up. She asked him what year this '49 fleetline Chevy was, he said "mmmm that is a....'41 Plymouth..." or something rediculous like that.

24. ME: In a parade in my my very OT 74 Dodge Monaco "Bluesmobile" (WITH a personalized Virginia license plate that reads something VERY close to "BLUES BROTHERS") the POS looking faded paint job, the P1's on the back doors, no hubcaps, the spray-painted-over door star, with me driving it in a parade WITH the cheap black suit on, the razor tie, a black fedora AND Ray-Bans (and even sometimes WITH the big air raid speaker on the roof, tied down with bull rope), speakers under the hood blaring the BLUES BROTHERS soundtrack album...

THEM: "Hey Barney Fife!!!"

25. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

my '65 buick had a 300 originally and you wouldnt believe how many people have tried to convince me its a nailhead...

26. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I posted previously that my shoebox had been identified as a Studebaker. In the last couple of months, this '56 Ford...

[​IMG]

...has been identified as a Mercury, a Lincoln, and a HUDSON!

27. RQuantz

RQuantz
    from Las Vegas

My Mustang in my Avatar has been called a "Camaro" too many times for me to count.

But the best I had was at a carshow:
    Dude: (snobbish) "Hey kid, this was never an original color for 1965."
    Me: "No, it wasn't. Not even for 68, which this one is."

When people try to guess what year it is, I usually get everything under the sun besides '68.

Oh well, such is life.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  28. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is god damn GORGEOUS:eek:! I think I'm in love.............

Doc.

29. "Got your dad's truck out today?"

Attached Files:

30. ScottV

ScottV

I just stumpled onto this thread and it is great. There have been a few things for me, the most recent was about my bike.

"Nice Bike, Suzuki ?"
    No Harley-Davidson.
    "Really ?, how old?"
    "Huh, I didn't know Harley was going Retro"
    :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.