Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pre-Lone Star Roundup - BBQ at Reggie's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Reggie, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was great to see all that came out to visit on Thursday. Great food + great friends + great hot rods = great times! There's nothing like seeing the little sleepy town of Hutto waking up to the Hot Rods and Custom cruizing the streets. What a way to kick off the LSRU weekend.

I want to publicly thank the cooks that served you. These folks are as gold as they get! Jerry Tallas is the man behind the pit. There's not a better brisket or pork butt smoker in the country. He's done this for me for a few years now. What's most folks don't know is that he takes his vacation time to come cook for us for free. Typical Texan. This year he brought a crew to help him out....including his wife Carol, Marvin Stromberg, Wimpy Gainer, and Kenny Werchan. Thank you all.

A special thanks to my mom and sister for hand peeling 80lbs of potatoes to make her awesome potato salad and for the peach cobbler! MMMMM-MMMM Good.

2. I hope I get to visit one day. Texas sure seems like a real friendly place!

3. house of fab

house of fab
    from ashland va

Reggie, Thank you very much for the hospitality. The food was fantastic!!!
    The weather,the cars, the people what a great time!
    Peppered Rat and I enjoyed every minute of it.
    Again, THANK YOU ! ! !

4. 193257

Reggie

You da man!!!! You did it again. Food was excellent, friends were many and the weather was great. Thanks so much for the fine TEXAS hospitality. You know how to make people feel good and gain weight all at the same time. A special thanks to your mom and sister for the potato salad and who ever made the beans for a tootin good time. Looking forward to next year already Thanks Rick

5. kisam

kisam

Reggie,
    I can't thank you, your family, and friends enough! Thursday is my favorite part of LSRU. Special hugs to your Mom and sister!

6. McTullis

McTullis

That tater salad was damn good. Thank you again Reggie for putting this on and feeding us kids.

7. house of fab

house of fab
    from ashland va

Bump for props !!!

8. Dirty2

Dirty2

Thanks so much Reggie and crew ! Food and friends rule . Best potato salad ever ever . Danyelle and me just cant say enough . Thanks !

9. ryno

ryno

many thanks, and as mentioned the food was aewsome.

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I am so bummed that I missed all of this... next year I hope I can break the curse.

11. Big Kevin

Big Kevin

That potato salad was heaven! Thanks for having us all out there and feeding us so well. Had a great time and an it was an awesome way to start the weekend off.

12. My favorite part of the weekend by far.

Thanks again Reggie...

-Ron Eldridge

13. Another Thanks to you Reggie,,,everything was just perfect....Food,friends and all...

14. MissPrint

MissPrint

Reggie, you and your family are AMAZING!!!!

Cannot begin to thank you enough for your hospitality, and that cobbler was like manna from heaven. . .I'm still drooling!!!

Thursday is really becoming (one of) my favourite days. . .and that is largely due to you and your generousity!

You rule. Period. :D:cool: Thanks again for making us feel so welcome!!! :D

15. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Thanks Reggie, for letting us come hang out and see all your projects. And thanks for being you, one of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure to know. Your BBQ is definately one of the highlights of the weekend.

Those guys stepped the BBQ up a notch this year. I always remember it as really good, but this year was the best.

16. BLAKE

BLAKE

It's all been said above... Reggie and the extended Hill family are simply the best.

Thanks for putting up with us, Reggie!!

18. Locogringo

Locogringo
    from Dallas

Thanks for the hospitality - amazing!

19. hudson_hawk

hudson_hawk

yes and thanks again!

20. 62nova

62nova

Some of the best BBQ I've had. Thanks!

21. dgang26

dgang26

Reggie
    It is very kind of you to put this on ever year -- what a great way to kick off the Roundup.
    We look forward to it EVERY year --
    The only thing I would change is to add a "Donation Jar" up by the food someplace -- so we can chip in to help offset the price of your putting on this way cool event -- it MUST be getting expensive -- and I just KNOW everyone would be more than willing to chip in

You da MAN Reggie !!
    Art

22. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

sooo... is the potato salad available via mail order? :)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. Wish I could have been there, I miss the BBQ and rummaging through Reggies shop.

24. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Thank you Reggie, your mother, wife, sister and as someone said the whole Hill family.

Your BBQ is the start, to us, to the whole LSRU weekend and we would not miss it for the world.

I do agree that the BBQ was exceptional this year, we both commented on the meat being extra tender. The cooks do an excellent job and to donate their time for all of us is special in itself.

Thanks again,

Ken (Slick50)
    &

25. Deadender60

Deadender60

Wish I couldve made it!

Your BBQ and The Salt Lick is the only thing I regret not doing while in Austin!

-Juan

26. I agree!Thanks Reggie!

27. Firefly

Firefly

Ya gotta do it Kev - I know you will have a blast.

Don't forget to let us know if you are planning on going so we can come play too :D

28. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Reggie.... just wanted to thank you again for the fantastic time and your generosity!
    Seeing and talking with your dad was a high light for sure!
    You made our trip a very big hi-lite..... and please tell Jerry Tallas his Culinary Skills are off the hook!!!!!

Glad i brought my strechee pants.

Thanks again pal.

Jeff

29. Lord Purple

Lord Purple

Reggie,

All of the above and more. Thanks for feeding us Brits!

Keith (L.P.)

30. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

MMMMmmmm.... Let's do it again! Soon!