Register now to get rid of these ads!

Urgent truck stolen at hotel austin texas urgent

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroded, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moter

moter

I was just wondering....with all the talk on here at times about good insurance and how cheap it is, compared to building a car or truck from scratch..does he [owner] have insurance that would cover this?

Hope things work out for ya.

2. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

moter, already been covered in earlier posts by the victim...

If the perp is found in possession of the truck do NOT disclose online how you found him having fallen and hurt himself before calling the police and/or feds.

Agree, the PI idea is a good one.

3. cackle

cackle
    from texas

Ill keep an eye out here on the border.

4. Diamond49

Diamond49

Thanks for coming out to the hotel today. I had just sent the file to Mike before you stopped by. We needed to get rid of all the flyers, so you taking a bunch, helped us out.
    Mark did his best networking all the way down to Lockhart today. We have met so many kind people, willing to help out. At least we can go home, feeling we did as much as we could, in the short time frame that we had.
    Thank you everyone.We are not giving up so easy.

5. Green Goblin

Green Goblin

I'm in for $20 on the reward but I'll be needing a small baggie with a dozen or so freshly "removed" teeth.

Also, by "Allowing" you to park on their property, do they or do they not assume responsibility for your vehicle?

6. prttyplymouthgal

prttyplymouthgal

Shit seems like so many bad things happend to us Hot Rod folk this past weekend.Im so sorry to hear this.Those Bastards.I hope you recover it :)

7. Tank Guy

Tank Guy
    from Chicago

I work with Mike every day and know what a great guy he is. He put a lot of time and love into that truck. The fact that some bastard just took it makes me sick.

I'm in for $100

8. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

I'll be keeping my eye's open up here in DFW.

9. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Here are the details.
    3" chop
    Suicide doors
    Bed had 4"wide tubs welded in
    Louvered tailgate
    Glass front fenders(was workin on some steel ones i got from Rocco)
    Green wheels 15x6 fronts 15x10 rears
    Ford trim rings 56 chevy poverty caps
    Fuel tank filler in the bed just ahead of the tailgate
    Ford white with a flat clear
    Firewall and rad cover green and white checkerboard
    Engine was same green as the wheels
    350 w/world heads edlebrock tripower lumpy cam 700r4 trans
    2x4 tube frame rails from cab back
    Mustang 2 w/air ride
    Rear was triangulated 4link w/air ride
    S10 Rear axle
    My own air ride controls
    Interior was white tucknroll w/green trim
    Corvette steering wheel on a homemade adapter

Attached Files:

10. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Can you email me these pics so I can add them to the post on SRM. (so they are bigger than the thumbs) I copied from here.

[email protected]

11. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Man after lookin at that list i don't know why i didn't insure it
    I want to Thank everyone for the parts offers but Ill be ok.Got the 48 to work on and get ready for the pileup.I know im not a real social guy and im way more comfortable around cars than people so all this stuff just blows me away. Its good to know you guy and girls got my back.THANK YOU again

12. Diamond49

Diamond49

Mark is talking with the Manger from the Omni Hotel right now. I have to stay with him, so he doesnt punch the guy. Mike, Mark will talk with you alittle later, about the out come. The guy is probaly going to blow smoke up Mark's ass.

13. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

OH man now it's even cooler with those pics...I really hope this ends well for you. My offer for storage is good and I'll see what I can do for pickup WHEN it's found.

Good luck.

14. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Keep beating the bushes! I bet some asswipe is setting on this for a week or so until it cools off then he/they will move it or dump it on the street if the heat is too bad.
    Put those flyers up everywhere!!!

15. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

MoFo's! Don't worry, life will bite the bad guys in the ass.

16. Click thumbs to open larger picture. Click on that image to open in a new window. Click on THAT image to view at full size, approx. 2300x1700 pixel. Right click and choose "save as" to save full sized images. :D

17. historynw

historynw

http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/AustinSouthpark/MapAndDirections.aspx

I'd be pissing a bitch at the Hotel's Central Office, the local Austin Tourism office, convention center. vistor's Center, Hospitality Assoc. etc. At the very least you should enter some guest feedback. I find that hotels don't like that when its out on the internet for prespective guest to see. The squeeky wheel gets the grease and perhaps they can get some small action going on your part. This hotel is pretty close to the University & the Captiol, guests are supposed to be safe, that includes their property. At the very least they should offer to help distribute pictures or flyers.

18. lowphat53

lowphat53
    from Virginia

This is very sad and I am so sorry to hear this, however there is not telling what the punks who stole the truck will do with it. They may have already changed the color of it or used your motor and some other parts for something else. A criminal is a waste of oxygen, but they always get away with this crap and get a slap on the wrist. I know, it happened to me with my daily driver years ago. The sad thing is the cops and insurance companies look at us like we had some part in the action! I wanted to beat all their heads in when they treated me like that. But if I were you I would just keep searching for your parts online or at other shows in that area... Good luck, I wish you nothing but the best!

19. sled

sled

I noticed that this truck has such unique features like suicide doors,so it makes very quickly to reckon if this cabin comes up into the open market..simply too much work to convert it back to normal...so ,cabin is almost useless for the thiefs in case they would like to sell it...also the rear bed door is louvered in a unique way...side wheelwheels too...
    Those fuckers can use probably the drivetrain and mechanical stuff ...eyes open down here in Mexico and btw,this truck is way cooler with these pix...all the best for Mark but let's keepin makin noise all over,is the best way to go....if i can help in any way,just let me know...Sled

20. Mo$4Ford

Mo$4Ford

SORRY, I know isn't enough. If that many vehicles get stolen why don't people have spotters? Or slip the guard some extra cash to watch better, not sit on his ass somewhere. Good Luck.

21. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy

I agree with sled on the custom features,

Just currious, you say you made your own airride controls and the steering wheel adapter were home made. do you happen to have any pictures of either? chances are (and Im sure we all pray it doesn't happen) if the thief does start parting your truck out they wont know or notice any of this stuff is custom made and will try selling it with the rest of the air ride or with the steering wheel. might be easy for someone to spot at a swap meet or on craigslist. Just an idea. I've posted this flier on a few forums and my facebook page, using the info that's been posted in this thread. I hope you get your truck back.

Attached Files:

22. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

That is a nice flier.Thank you.The air ride control was a mish mosh of different manufacturers stuff. The steering wheel adapter was was a grant three bolt wheel adapter with a drilled a taped plate to adapt to the vette wheel and with longer bolts so i could use the cheapo grant horn button kit.This is the only pic i have.

Attached Files:

23. Sorry to hear this Mike. As a former cop, I agree that it is probably still in TX somewhere. It doesn't fit the profile of the stuff that's going into Mexico at present.

I'm in the Houston area and will keep a look out.

24. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

i have a friend down in the area, hes a paint and bodyman, i will give him a shout now. hope something pops for ya!

25. sled

sled

Mike,you put lots of efforts to make this truck unique,many more peculiar features included...it means they are not easy to resell,we are many around thru the Hamb family and im sure the truck is probably dismantled somewhere around the area...with all this noise is not easy to move around in open roads right now...the only way for the thiefs is to use mechanical parts,nothin more...

Why we dont put all the funds raised and offer here on Hamb a fee to the thief just to leave the truck somewhere,pass the adress so you can recover it with no questions asked...it will be always better than no truck at all....looks like there are already almost 2K raised,right???

I know is NOT the right to do,but the goal for Mike is get his truck back in 1 piece....im far out here???

just thinkin in any possible way to get a result asap....Sled

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  26. Hey I have an idea, (forgive me if it sounds dumb as I'm only 14) is there any way the dmv or the police could run down the plate number and it would say were the location of the truck is at?

27. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Ummm... huh? Not sure where you're going with this :confused:

28. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I keep checking back for good news. Hope it happens soon...

29. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Sled I have thought about this too and as much as i love my truck i dont think i could do this.I don't think i could pay a thief to steal and than return my truck with my $$$ much less anyone else's( i have to clarify this i have no problem paying a reward i do have a problem paying a ransom)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  30. Hey 1lowtrk. Sorry for your loss really hope you get her back in 1 piece. Here's a thought that hasn't been said yet. I had one of my beloved street rods stolen and was sure it was either someone who knew were i kept it or just dumb luck some thieves ran onto it. Long story short. Find out where the cops would take a stolen vehicle should they find it. Then go over there to see if you truck is there. I did that and lo and behold there it was sitting in the police compound. When i asked why i wasn't called they told me there was no id on the car. When i checked into it further, it was coming up for auction and 2 police officers where planning on buying it. Don't assume it is being stripped, it could have been a couple of assholes just wanting to take it for a joyride., and they have just dumped it off somewhere in the city. Just my thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.