Register now to get rid of these ads!

Clearance for a Gennie Shifter and linkage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Satsop55, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Satsop55

Satsop55
    from Satsop, WA

I am fabbing up a new tranny tunnel for my '32 roadster. I am using a 200r4 tranny and have ordered a Gennie Shifter package. Right now, after fitting the floorboard, there is about 1 7 1/4 inch clearance from the floorboard to the tranny on both sides. Tonight I plan on rolling the top of the transmission hump. Is 1 & 1/4 inches enough clearance for the Gennie shifter package? It is being mailed out at the end of the week and I have time to work on the hotrod early in the week. Any help out there?

My best, Jason

2. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

wait for the shifter.
    you'll be happy you did.

3. Satsop55

Satsop55
    from Satsop, WA

Not exactly what I was looking for.. but.. thanks for the seasoned advice.

4. J. Clear

J. Clear

You'll be OK on the pass side, but the drivers side will need more clearance for the linkage arm. From the trans to the arm it measures about 2 1/2".

J.

5. Satsop55

Satsop55
    from Satsop, WA

J Clear.. thanks buddy! At that point of the tranny, 95% of it is below the floor board level. This will work well with the cut out I have! Thanks again.

My best, Jason

6. Shifter doesn't take much room. hugs a tranny tight . Pics are 28 rpu with c-4 but you get the idea. Cab is smaller than a 32 and i have just enough room. I love this shifter. Tight, neutral saftey switch, lock outs. Great piece.

Attached Files: