Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help!! A fellow hamber and good friend is down and needs our help.HE GOT ROBBED!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Apr 12, 2010.

1. johnnykck

johnnykck

Also just got a message from "52pickup" who said he is sending me a Snap-on tool set all the way from arizona!! Thank you so much!

2. 40chevythrowensparks

40chevythrowensparks

check craigslist for any of your tools maybe ebay to...pawn shops... that really sucks man im sorry to hear

3. That sucks the big dog schlonk! I hate f***ing thieves -- they should have their hands chopped off like they do in the Middle East. I sent you a few $$$ via PayPal to help out - best of luck getting back on your feet. You'll rise above this and be even better . . . never let anybody stop your relentless pursuit of perfection and success!

Dale

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  4. Johnny, trust me on this: the guy who owns the Rivvie knows of distinguishing things about his car. Talk to him and post that shit right away. This is a car forum, the Buick is the one that strikes a familiar chord for most of us. Time is of the essence.

Your local cop who is tasked with keeping an eye on bike gangs might be a good guy to contact. Guys who can fence that high end chopper shit are interesting to them. Time is important on this too.

Your problems are public now. How you handle your customers loss is on display. I picture myself, owning that Riv. I'd want to know that you did all you can do. You have no tools, so you have the time. Think about who was casing your place. Call the cops and update them, all the time. They're overworked and underfunded, so you have to remind them. You gotta publicly do the right thing. Gambino spoke up for you, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

5. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Wow Johnny, so sad to hear about this and read it, breaks my heart:(
    In my prayers my friend and don't worry, no crime ever goes un-punished. I truly believe that everyone "reaps what they sow" and this will not be overlooked! If there's anything you need from me, please let me know and i'll do my best to help out in anyway i can!
    Sending you some support via paypal right after i write this, hope it's enough.
    blessings and best wishes.
    once again so sorry to read this and i feel for your loss my friend.
    grace and peace†
    stevie

6. The PI is a good idea, the cops don't usually do much even when they have the manpower. Although if they went south of the border with it, that's that. But maybe you can at least find the guys and arrange for them to repeatedly fall down a flight of stairs until the only way they'll get off the first floor again is in an elevator.

7. johnnykck

johnnykck

The guy who owns the Rivi just bought it a few weeks before he brought it to my shop and only drove it once out to the coast before he drove it to my place, he only has a few pictures of it.
    If I knew who was casing my place my place I would not be hoping that somebody can be identified by the surveillance video (DVD). There are dozens of people that come or go by my shop every week, a lot of them go next door to Alex's shop. I'm usually busy working, as is Alex and me or him can't keep an eye on who drives or walks by the shop all day. I only have contact with the people who actually come into my shop.
    Wasn't aware that I gave you or any body a reason for any doubt, don't quite get the last comment.

8. johnnykck

johnnykck

Cab, thank you very much for your generous support, as well as every body else who is helping. You guys make dealing with this a lot easier, just knowing that people actually care make s a big difference. Thanks again.

9. WTF?

You doubting Johnny?

Hell no....

If I'm reading this wrong, then my bad, but this reads like your saying its an inside job or set up.

No way....Johnny works fucking hard for his money, and customers come 1st.

But, like I say...If I'm reading too much between the lines, then, accept my apologies, but it sounds that way.

10. johnnykck

johnnykck

Once I get a copy of the surveillance DVD, I'll see if I can post it on youtube. Never posted anything on youtube myself, but I have a buddy that will do it for me. I'll post a link, maybe somebody will recognize something.

11. I can post it too Johnny, its simple

12. johnnykck

johnnykck

Thanks Dave, I'll let you know as soon a I get a copy. Should be tomorrow.

13. SILVERRACER

SILVERRACER
    from I dunno

That's an awesome idea johnny. Don't listen to those who are being mightier than thow. There will always be turds in the punch bowl.;)

14. I'll drop by the shop when I leave work..I assume you will be there?

15. johnnykck

johnnykck

I won't be at the shop Dave, I've been out and will be out running around asking questions, going to the police office every day asking if they got any thing new, let me know when you get home, I'll drop by.

16. I put this up on Skoty Chops thread regarding your loss, didn't know if you had seen it, but feel free to take me up on the offer...

"I've got triplicates (even quads) of alot of nice wrenches/sockets/pliers from racing trailer days, PM/e-mail me on what sizes Johnny needs, he's more than welcome to them.
    Also I've got a very nice, like new, MAC tools roll-around bodyshop/service toolbox I'd be willing to donate (if he doesn't mind Kawasaki green).
    Down side is that'd probably cost a load to ship it up there, but if anybody's coming down for the Cherry Ave auto swap next Sunday (the 18th) they can grab it for him.
    It's identical to the pic here from eBay...with the exception that mine is of the lime green variety.

Attached Files:

17. Just blasted it out on the Nor Cal Rockabilly & Hot Rod events yahoo group. Donation sent as well.

18. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Wow....sucks to hear that, man. I've mentioned this to a buddy of mine who's a member of a local lowrider car club....he's gonna put the word out about that Rivi to fellow members, as well as members of other bay area clubs. It's a shot in the dark, but you never know, right? Anyways, hope you get your shop back up and running soon.

Ruben

19. Patrick46

Patrick46

This sucks so bad...I totally feel for ya Johnny.
    I'd have a complete meltdown if something like this happened to my shop.

and (unfortunately)...shop insurance is like hiring a divorce lawer. Yea, you can't afford it, but you also can't afford NOT to have it.
    (we had a neighborhood meat market that burned to the ground some years ago. Yep, no insurance. Too bad to, as he was getting ready to retire.)

It's a blessing that this shit was caught on a surveillance cameras. I hope & pray they catch these chickenshit bastards!!!

20. johnnykck

johnnykck

Wow, thank you for your offer! I feel odd/weird accepting these things from total strangers, it is very comforting to know that you guys are willing to give up you personal belongings and give your money to me, most of you guys with out even knowing me!!! You guys are unbelievable!! After what happened it proves that there are some real good people around, thanks again. I'll try to drive out to pick up the tool box in a week or two, thank you very much! I don't even really know what to say.

21. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

just thank god you were born to love american iron and not the prius lol

22. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

get that dvd distributed quick. let it go viral. send it to the news media, the cops, the president. hell, id send one to fidel casto!

23. mikes51

mikes51

My friend is the guy who owns the Riv that was stolen. He asked me to post these pics for him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, my friend said; "The Riviera is all stock with a straight body, motor rebuilt 425 , nice white paint with black interior. Johnny had taken all of the springs out since Johnny was going to bag it so the Rivi was only a few inches off of the ground."

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  24. johnnykck

johnnykck

That's it! thanks for posting the picture, I don't have one! The only thing that I can remember being different about the Rivi is that it has a square hole cut in the center consel (spelling). See if Mike hase a picture of that, that would be the only thing that would set it apart from another stock Rivi. It also had some extra wires under the carpet that looked like wire that were once part of a big stereo, the fat translucent red wires.

Edit: the hole is just above the shifter, just out of the picture of the interior.

25. LaidoutRivi63

LaidoutRivi63

damn, thats a nice car, hope it gets tracked down. Very few 63, 425, wood kit rivieras out there.

26. PotvinV8

PotvinV8

27. johnnykck

johnnykck

28. Kerry67

Kerry67

These crooks are going to get nailed. They took too much for some of it not to show in someones face who knows what it is. What comes around, goes around. They will get theirs..........Scum Licking Shit Bags, plain and simple.

29. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

These are usually worthless dishonorable people, that hang out with other worthless dishonorable people.

post a sizable reward for info leading to the arrest and the crackheads will start talking when the itch needs scratching.

I have some Craftsman deep sockets in duplicate i could send your way. Send me p.m. if you can use them.

This is a good lesson for customers make sure you have your ass covered with insurance. It is your property no matter where it is parked make sure you have it insured!

30. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

what a responce im over welmed
    thanxs
    still on the road