Register now to get rid of these ads!

FordBarn to remain OPEN!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gearheadbill, Apr 7, 2010.

1. banditomerc

banditomerc

Fordbarn is the place for diehard Fordfanatics...and me to!

2. Shit, I tried to follow the replies to Ryans announcement this morning and got dizzy opening and closing replies, darn near wore my back button out!:eek: Scrolling down is sooo difficult:rolleyes: If vintagehotrods can make the change so can others, right Jerry?!:D

3. 100% Matt

100% Matt

What a great addition to Atomic Industrie's. Nice save Ryan!:)

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Hahaha, I got through about 7 replies before I gave up.

5. Deadbird

Deadbird

Cool news indeed! Just another step for Atomic Industries toward total internet dominance! Good for you Ryan.

Where do I send my resume? :cool:

6. WOW!! this is the best news ever. Thanks Ryan, for resurrecting a very informing and useful site. It can certainly stand some improvements to get it up to HAMB standards. You're the man!

7. Thanks Ryan, I love that place......

8. -Brent-

-Brent-

That is VERY cool! Good luck, you'll do well with that site, I'm sure.

9. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

It may sound dumb, but isn't the Ford Barn kind of the same as the HAMB? I've been on there a few times, and it seems to attract many of the same people....with maybe a little more slant towards restored prewar stuff?

10. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Not really. It's Ford ONLY, and while there definitely is some hot rod stuff there, it's mostly restoration focused. Well, except for the street rod area.

11. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I guess I didn't realize guys fixed up stuff other than Fords....:)

12. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Hahaha, good point! Somehow I ended up with 2 chevys in my garage too. :D

13. I guess this is the ultimate "Barn Save"! Nice work Ryan!

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

FordBarn will remain focused on restoration... The Hot Rod stuff will stay on the HAMB... obviously....

15. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Ryan,
    Wise move on your part. The Ford Barn is a great resource that I've used in the past when I have been working on the flathead project. With you in charge the site will only improve. You'll get lots of support from your "family" here and on your other sites.

Thanks for stepping up!

16. Mr.34

Mr.34

If you have read the thread on the Ford Barn, Ryan had everything to do with saving the 'Barn site'. Thank you Ryan and the Jalopy Journal. It will only get better.

Mr.34

17. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

18. this is going to be awesome. the biggest reason I didn't visit the barn was the lay out. The FORDBARN is like the Hamb but for my grandpa.

19. It seems like I remember Ryan talking about some changes for the HAMB several years ago and a few of us were unsure about how we would be effected,,,

Ryan didn't get to this point by chance,,his hard work and know how made the Hamb one of the all time great sites on the internet,,in my opinion,,THE BEST!,,but I'm bias.:D HRP

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  20. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I had never even heard of the Ford Barn before this. So, I went to check it out and practically thought my computer stepped back into a time warp. I think there is a little room for some updating over there and I am sure Ryan will do nothing short of tasteful and respectful + another 15-20%.

In another life, I might be down for a sweet '35 or '36 hot rodded pickup, maybe even a T roadster. So, this is good news!

21. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

You mean FORD found on road dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

I've never been to the site, but remember how upset people were in the thread were it was going to close. So, happy for you guys that it will remain open! :)

23. I haven't read every post on this thread so my apologies if this is a repeat but here's a link to fordbarn's "resurrection": http://www.fordbarn.com/latev8forum/messages3/322675.html

Thanks to Ryan and all who made it happen. We may not all be big Ford fans but we're still a "band of brothers" (and sisters), and don't want to see anything bad happen to the hobby. Way to go!

24. I've been on FordBarn for at least 10 years - it led me to the HAMB. It isn't just a resto site, there are some VERY knowledgeable flathead race guys on that site. The likes of JWL, Ole' Ron. etc -- hopefully they will stay on board and be active in the new format. There is a ton of knowledge/experience on that site - it should be a great addition to the Atomic family. I'm super glad that Ryan is a part of this - it will turn out GREAT!

25. havi

havi

Sweet! Mainly a lurker there, but great to see the site keep going.

Who knows, maybe the bonus built site will be next, lol.

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

The Empire just keeps growing!!!:cool:

Frank

27. maybe there can be a way that everyone can choose their viewing format? that way no one will get confused....

I don't know if that's possible but just a idea.

28. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

I spent a lot of time on the FordBarn (40Phil) years ago...

I used to go there for the pure flathead tech and come here for the other stuff...

I just got too busy to switch back and forth. I'm glad it'll be there for me to wander back to from time to time.

It sure is a wealth of info.

I know Ryan will treat it right. Congrats Shelly for finding it a new 'home.'

29. myke

myke
    from SoCal

+ one

30. zgears

zgears

great news, I wonder if it will change any? Its a great site. but, I always though the layout could be better.