Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Alright, I'll come clean. The "pre-made" flames are from a CDRom I purchased from a dude on line a few years back that has tons of flame designs. http://www.flamingraphics.info/index-flamingraphics.html It was for making waterslide decals for customizing diecast cars. i.e. Hot Wheels, etc. He's not selling the designs anymore, just ready made decals.:( So I'm able to select, cut, paste and skew the flames onto the car images fairly easy. A pinstripe around the perimeter of the flames helps a lot, just like in real life.

I do want to try and create some flames of my own using the method that you described.

2. SDhotrod, Mikey Likey! Thanks bro.

Can you guys believe it I'm only 45 mins from Austin and I'm NOT at the Lonestar Roundup. I'm must be nuts!!

Mikey

3. perk30

perk30

Been thinking of having flames or scallops put on my coupe. Can one of you guys put burgundy flames and/or scallops on her so i can see if it's a good idea or not.
    Thanks very much.

Attached Files:

4. Ramzoom-

Found another view of your Rambler that was still on my computer, from back when I hammered a little too hard on it.;) It wasn't easy but I took a more restrained approach to it this time.:rolleyes:

Here's some WWWs and a pretty even front and rear drop of a couple inches on it. Didn't have much of an assortment of wheels or caps to try on it, but think it looks pretty sharp with the stock stuff that's on it.

Was going to try maybe a different wheel color but unless you change the roof color I don't think there's much reason to. Maybe someone else can come up with another wheel combo, but I'm guessing these are 13" so your choices may be somehat limited.

WWRambler02.jpg

5. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

Thanks That helps alot!
    Rims are 15" on these Ramblers btw....
    Still hung up on the final look...my biggest obstacle is the muncie trans hangs low which may make it tough to get low without clearance issues on the tranny...may have to stick with the original plan of blackwall bias plys and 7.5" hurst cheater slicks on the rear....Thanks again for doing this for me...

6. Guess my sense of proportion isn't too good. Got to remember that not all Ramblers were really small cars, though they didn't tend to be Buick or Oldsmobile sized either. Somebody should have some wheel and tire combos to try out on this.

What kind of drivetrain does this thing have to make a Muncie and 7.5" slicks seem appropriate???:confused:

7. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

supercharged Olds 4 cyl.....muncie m21 and 8" ford rear...kinda a sleeper thing....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  8. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

"...Kinda a sleeper...?". A bit of an understatement methinks.:D

9. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Sorry if I sound stupid, but people say sleeper here as if that is the boring car. Is that what sleeper means?

10. classic1952

classic1952
    from pacoima ca

hey how goes it guys?!?!? well i got a cool lil challenge for u talented photoshop guys!!! i just got my one day old daughter (allie) her 1st pedal car... being the chop it up n slam it guy that i am lol i want her to ride in class... well ol' skool class. i would really like to see the fire truck slammed on the ground the rear step can be chopped to look even with the body... anything else u guys wanna add as the cherry on the sunday wud be the greatest!!!! u guys rock! my lil one will love it... thanx a lot!!!!![​IMG]

11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

A sleeper is a car (or truck) that doesn't really look or sound fast, but is, and can clean your clock in a heartbeat. Some people build them for racing, others for any number of reasons. I got my ass handed to me by a sleeper many moons ago, so I have a great respect for them.:eek:

12. Russian

Russian

this is how low this pedal car go if you want it to be drivable/pedable
    hope i made your sunday i little bit better

Attached Files:

13. classic1952

classic1952
    from pacoima ca

thanx russian!! just a thought can it go lower in the back? givin it the bagged look? u kick ass it looks great!!!!

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Now that's cool! Start 'em young!:)

15. Russian

Russian

you can put a lawn mower engine in this pedal car and lower it like in this picture below, some mods needed in the front so the wheels can turn properly

Attached Files:

16. classic1952

classic1952
    from pacoima ca

holly crap thats sick russian!!!! can u paint it like a satin pink? with off white scallops.. maybe remove the ladders and chrome ladder supports? thanx a bunch!! sorry if im bugging im just excited

17. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

in reality, youre gonna have to think about the pedal mechanism, if you want to retain it. (may not be room) or if youre going to push her, give her something to put her feet on. also, youre not gonna get the wheels that low unless you reduce them in size.

18. classic1952

classic1952
    from pacoima ca

o ok well i was thinking of puttin like a bar to push her. making the front wheels only roll forward and back.. puttin the rear wheels to turn lest and right. to keep them from not hittin the inner fenders im thinking of narrowing the space between the wheels that way they steer freely. so what ya think? can ya photoshop it? i drew it up already on how its gonna be mechanicly wise.... again u kick ass!!!!

19. skoh73

skoh73

20. 60 Duce

60 Duce

Damm You all are talented I just joined and I can't stop looking at everything :D Could someone please make my rims white and also with and without the trimring and babymoon and feel free to let your imagination go tastefully please thank you, Tony :cool: Sorry not sure how to resize photos correctly

Attached Files:

21. Russian

Russian

from fire "truck" to super cool luxury car

Attached Files:

22. Russian

Russian

Tony, the size of the photo is good... truck with white rims

Attached Files:

23. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Sorry if i re-quote this post but this little banger is everything i want mine to look like one day!
    I'd junk my 4 carb set up now if i could find a cheapo blower!

24. classic1952

classic1952
    from pacoima ca

russian once again u kick ass!!!! so i now am goin to use it as my blue print for the "lucky girl pedal car" thanx!!!! oh an skoh 73 i just check it out sick lil pedal cars!!! thanx bro!

25. Russian

Russian

i am glad to help, classic1952

26. 60 Duce

60 Duce

Thank you Russian if I could ask one more thing could you slam it to the ground please Thanks again, Tony

27. Russian

Russian

here you go, actually was working more on the upper background then on the truck :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

28. Super442s

Super442s

[​IMG]

29. 60 Duce

60 Duce

Thank You Russian now I have inspiration "you da man" :D

30. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Bump. So,can anyone do anything with my Galaxie on the previous page?