Register now to get rid of these ads!

oklahoma city

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jackandeuces, Apr 11, 2010.

1. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Will be in Oklahoma City, tuesday to sunday, are there any cruises or cool shops to visit....Thanks

2. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I understand that a lot of really old veterans will be in OK City at that time. Perhaps you can hook up with them. Regards, Ron

3. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

funny you should reply,are you a veteran?

4. okiewelder

okiewelder
    from central Ok

SEABEECMC, EO1 repoting for muster!!!
    I wish I was in the great state of Oklahoma with my hot bride but, I am still stuck here across the big pond. Have fun in my great state

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010

5. Not Car related but one of the neatest places I’ve been in OKC,
    <O:p</O:p

http://www.nationalcowboymuseum.org/<O:p</O:p

Besides the amazing artifacts they have some of the finest western art in the world donated by some of the most famous people in the world.

6. Doesn't appear that there is much going on this week or coming weekend. Some shops in the area to check out might be Parrotts Hot Rod and Kustoms, Penn and 1st Street in OKC or maybe Nostalgia Sid's in Guthrie www.droppedaxles.com

I am sure there are plenty of other shops and I wish I wasn't so busy this week (as always) or I would try to get together and show you around some.

Jeff

7. jason65

jason65

8. And don't forget Parr Automotive, 4933 NW 10th ST, they have been a speed shop for nearly 60 years! They are one of the largest in the midwest stocking complete frames, bodies and eveything to put together hot rods! Classic Parts on S I-35 is a interesting also.

9. For just the cool factor, visit downtown Guthrie, OK. It was the first OKlahoma capitol, and the town has been preserved largely as it was around 1920 or so. Lots of cool places to eat, nice B&B's (recommend the Redstone!), and lots of HAMBers in the area, as well.

Downtown OKC has the Bricktown entertainment district. The baseball AAA Redhawks play at home this week, BTW. Plus the Murrah memorial is nearby, too.

Lots of stuff to do in OKC. Lots!

10. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Seabeecmc, and I will be there ,with our wives ,for a seabee reunion ..Not sure how much time we will have, but looking for options..Thanks for the replies..