Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage From New Zealand, Visiting the US of A!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scumdog, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Scumdog

Scumdog

Hi all, plan on visiting the good 'ol US of A in th emonth of August, planning on doing biker week at Sturgis and then El MIrage :D

What other events hot-rodding/street machine/drags wise is there for me to see/visit, particularly in the centre states and the west of the country??

Cheers!

2. The HAMB Drags of course!

3. VonWegener

VonWegener

Sorry to tell you Scumdog that there never is a lakes meet in August because everybody is going to Bonneville. El Mirage dates are July 11th and September 12th. Bonneville is Aug 14-20. Hope this helps you in your planning.
    VonWegener

4. I will send ya a pm in a week or so, I did Sturgis & bonneville in 09. We were also able to fit in pomona swap meet. Check the dates for Hot August Nights in Reno also.

5. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

scumdog hot august nites is first WEEK, 8days of august in Reno Nevada. Something happening everywhere,everyday .crusing,shows ,bands ,big boy toy store.This place rawks.I live here to be here.come on down

6. Scumdog

Scumdog

Oops, my bad - your dead right!:eek:

I have the dates here at home and still managed to get theto place names swapped over...doh!

7. Scumdog

Scumdog

Just the sort of info I was after, sounds good - might take you up on the offer!

8. Sounds like a cool month to be over there.
    Must win lotto..

9. Scumdog

Scumdog

Or sell the wifes Harley - like me:D!!

10. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

this place is crazy with hotrods allll kiiinnds of carsevery where u go cars.September we've got street vibrations, A solid week of harleys, more craziness good stuff

11. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

12. Scumdog

Scumdog

I'll be the one with the NZ flag on my back:D

(OK, who knows, there could be others!)

13. GooseNZ

GooseNZ

I will be there from NZ on 14 May for about 10 days, working during the week, staying in Santa Monica somewhere, any other kiwis round the place want to catch up for a beer and talk some shit? anyhting good on round this time as well? (bearing in mind I have no car haha) - I am in the process of sorting a ride to el mirage on 15/16 may.

sorry for the hijack scumdog, i didnt see the point in starting another thread saying the same thing haha.

anyway, pm me if you are nearby, or have some cool ideas for a 1st timer.

14. Scumdog

Scumdog

So far it's LA - Reno - Sturgis -Bonneville then Dallas area - back to LA via Las Vegas.

Starting end of July and back in NZ beginning of September.

So if anybody knows of any rodding events on that route (apart from Hot August nights) let me know.

15. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Ya gotta go to the HAMB Drags , one of the coolest events ever , the Springfield swap meet is on Friday , Drags in Tulsa Friday night the the HAMB Drags on Saturday and don't forget the party every night.