Register now to get rid of these ads!

Urgent truck stolen at hotel austin texas urgent

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroded, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cooger

cooger

I didn't read all the posts, but what's the particulars on it:
    -engine, auto/4 speed, ?, rear end (anything special-Jag ??)
    They'll probably part it out, try to sell the shell with a reworked title, or no title.
    Lots of low types looking for "hot deals". Someone might recognize the parts.
    Sorry 'bout that, good luck.
    cooger

2. Mike, I just heard this morning about the truck, count me in for a $$ hundred $$ towards the recovery reward. Also it wasnt said yet but the truck has suicide doors, a green smallblock with tri-power, air bagged suspension, a wild green & white checker board paint scheme on the fire-wall and under the hood, and a white and green interior. It is really not easy to miss, I sure hope to hell it shows up in one piece and the miserable FUCK/S who took it get EXACTLY what the fuckin deserve,,,,permanent mutilation. Death is too good for people like this. GOOD LUCK, Mike. Mitch.

3. 40chevythrowensparks

40chevythrowensparks

start looking on ebay and craigslist for any parts you might notice... that really sucks man sorry to hear

4. Bigstar

Bigstar
    from Austin

I volunteer to help kill the MFer who did this if/when he is found. Sorry to hear about this. I'm new here but I will gladly throw in $100 toward a reward fund if this truck is found. I'll keep my eyes peeled. I'd LOVE to chase the guy down driving it!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  5. Dzus

Dzus

Someone familiar with the locals beating the bushes (like a PI) sounds like the best bet if the reward doesn't rat out the thief.

I really don't know where exactly the 'no camera footage' line lies between incompetency and complicity. After working just east of the Omni for the last 25 years my experience is that there is probably both.

For out of towners, the Omni is at the corner of two freeways; IH35 and 71 (30 12 52.19N 97 45 01.80W for you google gumshoes). Leaving the Omni parking lot you either take 'Governors Row' or 'Directors Blvd.' Those streets either take you out to the freeway frontage roads, or you can sneak southeast through back streets off 'Directors Blvd.' The biggest impediment to cameras off the back streets are the trees and hedges that have been planted along all those routes.

But I really don't know what good camera footage is going to do unless the idea is to somehow track the truck's entire journey to where it's stashed. Nothing short of the FBI has the resources necessary to string that together.

Where's that General Atomics Predator my tax dollars are paying for when you need it?

6. Just a thought...maybe hit up the local body shop supply houses like Keystone Auto or some other paint/body parts supplier that maybe has delivery drivers that are in the differernt shops in the area. you would be surprised how much those guys see while just doing thier jobs.

7. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Me too...

8. rustyhood

rustyhood

This is a real shame to read this happened to you. I really hope you get it back the way you parked it. But I really hope they get their asses kicked!!!!!!!!!!

9. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Me too...
    Im so sorry to hear this.
    It pisses me off.

10. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

I'm from Austin, but currently working down in the Rio Grande Valley (the border). I work for the water dept of the city of San Juan so I'm out and about ALL day long, I'll keep an eye out.
    I'm also a former deputy for the county down here, so I'll let some of my buds at the sheriff's office know.
    And YES....GET A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR....they work.
    Oh, and when you hire one, there will be a set fee. Tell him that if the truck is found there is a reward and then tell him he's not the only PI on the case and the first one to find it, gets the cash.
    He doesn't have to know he's the only one...it'll just give him incentive...lol
    ~Jef
    Oh, and guys, sorry I couldn't make the RoundUp this year, as stated, I'm working 300 miles down south and had to skip it. I also have limited access to a computer so I wasn't able to 'bump' my 'eats and places' thread much this year. I just hope some found it helpful just the same.
    I'll be there next year!

11. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Covered 800 miles today on my way back to central Florida and will be looking the last 400 tomorrow. Best of luck to you brother.

12. kkustomz

kkustomz
    from Texas

I will be looking everywhere i go for you! I hope it turns up!

13. Good camera footage is for the time before the theft. Who dropped the thief off, if anyone? They might have been dumb enough to get dropped off a block away and a plate number might be had from a neighboring business security camera. Anything is possible. I woulld still consider getting a P.I. though.

14. Freeland

Freeland

hit me up, ill grab some of those flyers off of you and recopy them...

15. strawberry

strawberry

was hopeing to hear some good news today ..I checked craigs list here yesterday a lot of stuff but nothing as sweet as your truck I'll keep looking . thanks to hot turkey too

16. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Here is a pdf of the reward flier in case anyone would like some (hope this works)

Attached Files:

17. cutthroat corps

cutthroat corps

That fuckin sucks lookin out in Fort worth

18. Capt Kirk 2

Capt Kirk 2

Man, sorry to hear this happen in our fair town. It ain't right. With Mexico at our back door, well it might be headed there.
    What's also good about Texas is, If we catch the bastards here, we just take them out back and shoot 'em.

Will keep an eye peeled for your truck man.

19. Freeland

Freeland

Just picked up some hard copis before I saw this... Mark has my contact info if you all find out anything else and vice versa...

Forwarding this onto some of my Army buddies as well... They don't call it and NCO Support Channel for nothing...

20. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Yeah - sled is at the top of that list and his scouts are everywhere!

If Jobe can't immediately - I will. Or go with him.

Had a $6k one-off downhill mountain bike stolen out of a locked office. Bastards showed themselves on 17 of 24 video cameras throughout the 180 thousand square foot building and property. Police never found them, the bike, nor rest of goods stolen (which totaled almost $300k).

That being said, now that the Round Up is over and I have more time, I'm willing to go hit the adjoining businesses, see where cameras are in the area, and contact whomever is related. While kicking cash towards a reward is tough right now, I can do local legwork.

21. Jim Dieter

Jim Dieter
    from Joliet

I called friends, and they called their friends. We all hate it when car people get robbed. Hopefully, someone sees it...no reward necessary.

22. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Posted on classic parts talk AD forum.

23. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Man Ive thought for hours about how to say thank you in a way that would be good enough i just cant find the words.I really hope to use the offers of storage.Thank you all.

24. sled

sled

This SUCKS!!...but i'll keepin my eyes down here in Mexico..i have connections in many places...still im far away from the border but i have means to lookout up there

My proposal is if it does'nt show up i'll find you a supercheap one for you and i suggest we pass the hat among Hambers to buy it and get it there at the TX border for ya...luckily these Chevy pickups are the most common cars down here...hope it helps.

I actually know couple of these sittin around here....but of course fingers crossed that yours show up...best of luck!! Sled

25. 2ratty4u

2ratty4u
    from dallas, tx

Came back from LSR Saturday (had to work Sunday). My first time. HATE to hear this. I'm in $50 if those fuckers are caught. If it gets high enough, surely someone else that knows they stole the truck will rat them out!!! Let's keep it going! Even $10-$20 helps!! Sorry bout the truck man!!

26. 2ratty4u

2ratty4u
    from dallas, tx

Looks like the total's in the $1750 range.....Keep goin!!!

27. Dzus

Dzus

Good point. With all those hotels in a row on IH35 frontage row, they may have cased out all the parking lots starting from the South:
    Red Roof Inn
    Residence Inn Marriott
    Courtyard Austin
    Fairfield Inn Marriott
    Springhill Suites Marriott
    Best Western Austin South
    Comfort Suites
    Shell Convenience Store
    (=St. Elmo Rd.=)
    Bank of America
    Omni

That's a bunch to start with. Meinardus Drive runs along the back until it T's at St. Elmo. If they cut through BOA's parking lot that might be the best camera bet.

28. foxkid

foxkid
    from Dallas

sorry to hear this man! It seems to happen at every show in austin. i hope they find it man

29. DMFB

DMFB

I'm in for another 50. I will be more than happy to assist in some skull bashing too! That takes the reward to 1800 bucks or so.

30. pricejap

pricejap

Told all my friends that went to the round up about it. I'll keep my eyes open in west texas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.