Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Salina, KS first cruise night of the season

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Apr 2, 2010.

1. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

After a long gloomy winter we finally had our first cruise night last night. This is a weekly event every Thursday. Had about 25 cars show up. Really dirty hurricane force south wind and lots of street construction made for a less friendly environment but it was good to see our car friends once again. For us it was the first drive of the 57 Chevy since last fall and it ran perfect. Events like this are more about visiting with like minded car friends and less about the cars themselves. We get alot of young kids driving rough and rusty project cars and try to encourage them as well. It's not a car show, it's a social gathering. Here are a handful of the cars. <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

lots of nice shiny paint in Kansas.

3. NoSurf

NoSurf

Cool pics Paul.

I need to make it to one of these someday.

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Ha ha Bob---I would like to thank YOU for painting my most recent purchase.
    :D

5. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

Enjoy them, then tuck them away before a tornado gets them.

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

The owner of the red T Bird had his home and cars destroyed by tornado 2 years ago. Happens alot around here. In fact I know of 3 UNDERGROUND homes destroyed by tornadoes in our county in the last few years. So far no earthquakes however......

7. 65COMET

65COMET

Salina looks different now than it did in 1966-1968.I was stationed at Schilling AFB when the Army took over the base for military dependants.The cruize scene was cookin back then too.I had[still have]a 65 Comet Caliente that I ran. ROY.

8. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

Nice turn out...Will be there for the KKOA in July...Will there be one that thursday night?

9. man, I hope I don't ever park next to that chevy pickup, I might mistake it for mine!

Ok, maybe mine is a little rougher :D

10. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Roy, this Wendy's in the pictures is just off Schilling Rd. which is right down the street from the old Schilling AFB (now our airport and industrial complex).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Yes, we get alot of out of town guests during that event at our Thursday night cruise. Come join us.

12. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

be very careful, there are lots of unsavory characters within 100 miles of Salina, KS. I had a very painful experience in Salina.

13. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

OMG---here we go again.........you ran over your own big damn foot with your own car! Tell the truth here-----

14. vegas paul

vegas paul
    from salina, ks

Where and when? I just relocated to Salina, and need to dust-off my ride. LEt me know the details before next week... Hope to meet some new friends.

15. Been at the KKOA show 3 times and have never heard about the cruise night. You need to advertise it! Our crew will be there in July!!

16. mj40's

mj40's

And lots of re-sale red!