Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who here enjoys the build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, Mar 26, 2010.

1. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Vintage Subarus are cool ,Ill start a new thread .Post pics of vintage subaru's

2. 61falcon

61falcon

i enjoy the build but not as much as driving the wheels off the finished car. and i get attatched to cars so its hard for me to build em and sell em off. my brother is more into the build than the finished car. once its done he wants to off it and build something else.

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Thats the way I feel ,Finish one and build another

4. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

Enjoy building the car much more than when it is finished. Usually start looking for next project as it nears completion. Always think I will drive them more than I do, guess I just like the garage time.

5. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Have always loved the build more but new when it was done I would have to sale it . In order to get a new project. I needed the money from the old project. Over the years I have done cars for other people but don't feel I have the freedom to build it the way I want. My current project has a differnt feel may be age 58 or the times we live in. I dont know Ron

Attached Files:

• 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      165.3 KB
      Views:
    • 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      312.6 KB
      Views:
  6. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

love the build never had frustration. like to see what my mind comes up with to solve the problem of something missing. driving is great especially after a shit day at work

7. Slorolnlow

Slorolnlow
    from Florida

I've always enjoyed the build.There's nothing like putting so much thought and work into your project,even when you know that most people that see the finished result will never know.You sit and stare for two hours,just trying to come up with stuff that works well and looks right,but will probably go unnoticed.It's a great sense of achievement.Driving them is cool,but flying down the highway and remembering all the grinding and drilling and welding that's holding your ass to it is what does it for me.

8. I sent most of my life building motors and did do a few doorslamer race cars but since i started building rails and altereds I am addicted. Last week i was working on my newest rail the JAG powered FED. i cant remember a more enjoyable week. I dont care when it gets done. I am just really into it.
    Yes I enjoy the build!
    Don

Attached Files:

9. mobile chicane

mobile chicane

It is funny to re-think this. When I built the race car that I shared driving chores with my buddy, I lost interest the first day the car hit the track. Maintaining and tuning were more fun than battling on track. 2 years later, crashed it, had to rebuild and the fun was back. Raced one more time and parked it. Started building the next project and realized I would rather wrench.

10. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Anybody else enjoy the build ,Tonight pop came over and I took a few steps backwards All over a 16 of an inch ,But It had to be done .....

11. russnunn

russnunn
    from Florida

love it and hate it all at the same time. its a vicious cycle.

12. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

That why I build um crappy, just when ya think yer done ya break somthing. That way the fun never ends

13. outlaw56

outlaw56
    from Hines, MN

I love it when a plan comes together.

14. I really enjoy the build but its even better when you are thousands of miles away from home in an old Blown Flathead that you put every nut bolt and part in and you look at your wife of 40+ years and say " well It got us here and now I'm sure it will get us back!", while I can understand those who do not have the skills and desire to do it themselves they will never get the level of satisfaction that you get when "you did it yourself"........now off my soapbox...........

15. angry

angry
    from ventura ca

once i get a bunch of junk mocked up and rolling i lose interest but i do get them running eventualy