Register now to get rid of these ads!

Urgent truck stolen at hotel austin texas urgent

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroded, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

I'll spread the word and keep an eye out around the DFW area.

2. skoh73

skoh73

Hell no we shouldn't outsource our criminals to Mexico- half of theirs are HERE illegally, and China? Have you seen the quality of the shit they produce? We should send them to a country that cuts their hands off for stealing!

The rant is over, sorry. Reading this thread has really made me angry... I can only cough up $25 right now- Unemployed since Nov. Hope they get the tar kicked outta them. Eyes open up here. Best of luck.

3. 35desoto

35desoto

Hey I'm half a world away and I'm cryin over the pain this is causing
    best of luck brother! Sorry can;t do much here in NZ other than wish you a speedy recovery of the truck

4. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Hey Mike/Mark,if you guys are handing out flyers,try to stop at every single auto parts store that you can find and ask to hang one up in the window. Same goes for any U-Pull-It yards out there. Cheap auto parts stores and junkyards usually seem to attract the thieves and their friends who would love to have some reward moneys.

5. Freeland

Freeland

still keepin an eye out... keep the faith brother, i know when this first was posted i was sent a text message that went viral...

6. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Still have this on my mind, any news from the cops?
    Were all behind you man this just sucks ass!

7. luckystiff

luckystiff

the mention of getting a private investigator to look into may not be a bad one. i looked into going into this field not to long ago and can tell you they do alot of this type of work the PD is "to busy" to really worry about. they probably won't take it on the reward basis but with all the offers of $100 towards reward if those same people kicked in $10 toward a PI it'd be enough to get them moving on it. those guys also typically have better informants than the cops. time has already slipped pretty good on this one so i'd look into it NOW. 24-48hrs is the best to catch something like this. it gets harder with every passing hour after that. i've been out of work for over 6 months but i'll offer my $10 to get a PI on it and if it's found maybe a few bucks after for the reward. if it wasn't for employment issues i'd love to kick in more. fuck a theif...ken....

8. Lucky3

Lucky3

Fuckin Sucks !

Nuff said....

9. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

Well,I haven't counted it up but I would say we have at least $1500 pledged so far as a reward to getting the truck back. WHEN this happens,I would say,we need to PayPal the $$$ to Mike as it is his truck and for him to pay the reward. It really sucks for someone to lose something like that when you know someone has poured their heart and soul into a project.
    I wish i was down there to help you take flyers around and post them on every street corner in the hood. $1500 or more would go a long way for someone who might live in the area that the truck might be sitting in. Just keep telling yourself that at this very minute,that truck is sitting somewhere waiting to be found and that more than 1 person knows about it. I think someone was saying something about a P.I.,might not be a bad idea to show them flyers and whatnot. You never know as again $1500-$2000 might go a long way in someone coughing up a location. keep pushing and don't give up. That truck is somewhere and I hope everyone is right about it being around there somewhere. Jim

10. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

How can I get a flyer to put in my barber shop and all my buddies mechanic shops? I get car guys in all day for haircuts.

11. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

Just seeing this sorry to here about it man, best of luck on the recovery.

12. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Nothing new today just checked impound lots.Thank you again everyone

13. von zipper

von zipper

Don't give up!! A former employee was taking scrap from my shop. We split up into 4 groups of 2, went looking in scrap yards, caught him getting unloaded at one REDHANDED!!

14. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

I have to leave Monday morning.I have to ask if anyone in the Austin area would be willing to pick up and store the truck if its found? Ill be down pretty quick to get it but don't really want it siting in an impound lot especially if there anything like Chicago's

15. strawberry

strawberry

o.k. eyes wide open here in FL. I have a 1954 chevy ad..I will be looking for parts and decided on an s10 frame etc,..no luck yet, so I will be looking on c,l, here in fl. for ya bro,don't need any reward ,If I find it I am taking it ! no matter what and you will be getting my phone call, hope someone else finds it first, also keep in mind it may have been changed by now,, color , or wheels , or completely stripped check the body shops! in any case I hope you get it back ..damn all the theives.

16. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

you got eyes watching over the northwest man!!

17. KSLeadslinger

KSLeadslinger

Good luck finding it, the bastard that stole it should be buried up to his neck in an anthill and have a 2 liter of coke poured on his head...

18. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

I will offer my shop space to store it if found
    Hope it's found

19. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

A 2ltr of coke? My friend, you need to discover the insect attracting wonders of a jar of honey. :D

20. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

This is an AWESOME idea. Are there any HAMBer PI's? Anyone? Anyone?

It would be hard to believe there aren't a few with the number of HAMBer's and our diversity.

Wait, did I just say diversity? DAMN corporate training....

21. jonahboo

jonahboo
    from NJ

Hemmings does FREE postings for stolen cars

do an ad - good luck

22. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Mike,your a bigger man than I am. I could never leave to go home knowing that it was out there somewhere.

23. BlownMopar71

BlownMopar71

He has to get back to work.. the place will quit running here without him! Mike i have a step bro near Houston im going to send him pictures hes a car guy so hes always looking around.

24. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

25. I'm in for $50 toward reward money.
    Every time I open this thread I hope to find some good news about the recovery:mad:

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

SAD, but as I've always said, this will continue until someone is caught and the video of them getting their hands removed (sawzalls have many uses) is plastered all over the INTERNET. Even after that it won't stop but the bastards WILL have something to think about while doing their dirty deed. Can you just imagine having the memory of someone screaming while their hands are removed playing over and over in your mind while stealing a car?

Frank

27. "I'll never steal a car again!" he said offhandedly.....

28. luckystiff

luckystiff

i'm telling ya i think it's the best bet. my local college is looking to be the first to offer PI courses and did an initial "introduction" 4hr class one saturday. i went. learned alot. like these guys(and gals) are usually ALOT more effective in situations like this. they aren't as expensive to hire out as you would think. luck up and find one thats a car guy and he may take a small upfront fee with the foresight of getting the reward money. as i said this probably would have been most effective 48hrs ago.

one thing i'd have to question would be the valet lot not having cameras and/or why security was there to question the guys early on in the thread but not when the truck was stolen. there is video of the truck leaving somewhere. traffic, bank, parkinglot of other business, something cam picked it driving away at some point.

no offense to them but the austin pd really don't give 2 shits about a stolen car unless it's used in a criminal act. it could drive right by one of them and they probably wouldn't know as the officer who took the report is probably the only cop aware. they get paid to be on the watch for criminals a PI would be looking to find the truck specificlly...ken....

29. Diamond49

Diamond49

Thanks, I remember talking with you at the LSR. Mark & I are staying another day or two. Going out tagging with flyers on Monday. Still hopeful.

30. markjenks

markjenks

I'm in for $50, even if they don't catch the bastard. At least you get your ride back.

As for what was mentioned earlier, get some fliers up with a reward in as many places as possible. Parts stores, junk yards, restaurants, etc. Someone is going to make a mistake and hopefully someone has seen the picture.

As for a PI, get one and see if there is a camera somewhere that might of caught the act. Better hurry though as most CATV's have a 7day loop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.