Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Mini Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LarzBahrs, May 10, 2009.

1. Mightym1dgets

Mightym1dgets

I have a large collection of mini cars. I would like to see more pictures. I would like to make contact with anyone who has or is interested in buying one. I am interested in selling some of the mini cars in my collection. I am looking to sell a mini '37 Ford flatback sedan, a mini '37 Ford flatback convertible and a mini '32 Ford Roadster and more. Contact me a [email protected] John

2. [​IMG]
    Here is the original wooden buck I made and the painted aluminum copy

Attached Files:

• mni.jpg
      mni.jpg
      File size:
      17.4 KB
      Views:
  3. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Excuse me, I dont mean to be an arse but there is a classifieds for you to post your crap on, im tired of people who dont know curtosy highjacking others threads.:mad::mad:

4. Mightym1dgets

Mightym1dgets

I've got some mini rods I'd like to sell from my collection. A mini '37 Ford Flatback Sedan, A mini '37 Ford Flatback Convertible, a '32 Ford Roadster and a '75 Vette.
    Interested? Contact me a [email protected] for picture and details
    John

5. Mightym1dgets

Mightym1dgets

Sorry,
    I'm new ---Don't know where to put things yet. Trying to find my way around the site. Didn't mean to step on anyones toes.
    John

6. RatRoy

RatRoy

Mine and a buddies "Mini-Rods"......:)

Attached Files:

7. Mightym1dgets

Mightym1dgets

These are some of my mini '37 Ford Flatbacks

Attached Files:

8. skull

skull

up date on the building of my 1960 cushman truckster.
    mocked it up useing the the a 8 3/4 mopar rearend with 3:70 gears, i8.5 M/T street legal tires and with all the measurements done the tires clear the bed by 3" and give me a 75" width side to side. plenty room for the 750cc, l was surprised at how much room in the engine bay of the cushman.
    been sandblasted and now doing body work, still will have no rear fenders. l will do a thread on it when l have more progress to report.

also my other mini- hot rod, a1931 chevy dwarf car thats street legal. do a search and all the info's on line.

later

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  9. TTHRODS

TTHRODS
    from Australia

G'day from Australia,

I have spent the last 3 years building a 41 Willys Mini Rod (1/3 Scale) I have finally finished it and am now going into production of these beaut little cars. I offer the traditional coupe as well as a roadster. I will post some photos as soon as possible for you guys.

Cheers Tezza.

Attached Files:

10. freebird101

freebird101

11. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

what about using the starter/alternator from a lawn mower?

12. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

hey I remember someone on here knows the people in Cali who have the street legal bumper cars, put them in touch with this guy!! I'll bet they have a ton of useful info. :)

13. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Thanks alot guys, this sight is a plethora of info, dont worry mightym1dget I was just giving you a hard time, all is well!

14. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Just bought 16 or so feet of thick wall 1 by 2 steel stock! Time to get this baby rolling for real! Ive settle on a design finally! Its going to be a single seat cycle car! The T thing and mini 32 were overly fanciful for me, I want something I could stretch my creative thoughts on to.

15. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

When looking at another thread about cyclecars I came across this photo of the IMP cyclecar factory. I became really awestruck of the coolness factor of the panel truck in the back ground.

[​IMG]

Ive decided that Im going to use that as the basis of the design for my little car. Heres a quick sketch I made. What do you guys think.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  16. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Come on! No input on it from anyone? I find that strange, especially here on the hamb!

17. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Not changing the bolt pattern at all. I hope to use small motor cycle wire wheels, about 17 inches

18. URTOAST

URTOAST
    from Raleigh NC

[
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

Who makes the white and purple ones above? They look very nice, I'm wondering how they power the rear wheels? What engine is that? A Vert. lawn mower engine?

19. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Get the wheels figured out early, so you will be able to set ride height. I like the C cab idea, it will keep the sun off you, but might be a huge wind-catcher?

20. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

holy crap, i LOVE that c-cab panel truck

21. SanctaRosa

SanctaRosa

Wow! I love that C cab version of the Imp cyclecar. I hadn't seen one of those before.
    Any updates on the Cushman project?

22. fastgrass

fastgrass
    from texas

Who makes the white and purple ones above? They look very nice, I'm wondering how they power the rear wheels? What engine is that? A Vert. lawn mower engine?[/QUOTE]
    Guys these were my old stuff!! My new stuff is almost done but not quite finished. Couple of weeks. My e-mail is [email protected]
    Thanks
    Rocket

23. fastgrass

fastgrass
    from texas

Yes I do have a c-cab design also with tandom dually wheels with a tandom axle!!
    Rocket

24. fastgrass

fastgrass
    from texas

Here is a close look at the new one. Almost finished....
    [​IMG]
    You now sit in the bucket instead of the bed. For heavier people and tall people easier to sit in them.
    [​IMG]
    Made some really cool fenders for some of them!!!!
    [​IMG]
    But the in thing is to make it look like a rat rod!!! The entire car will be just like this!!! Very cool!!!!
    Rocket Reece

25. Mr Wicked

Mr Wicked
    from cali

any up dates on all these Mini Rods????

26. Mr Wicked

Mr Wicked
    from cali

WOW no updates???? we need pics

27. P-FITZ98

P-FITZ98
    from Spokane,WA

I built a mini 32 roadster for my son.I"ll try an find some pics.He is ten and has drove the crap out of it the last couple years.

28. P-FITZ98

P-FITZ98
    from Spokane,WA

DSCF0015.jpg next to a full-scale one

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  29. P-FITZ98

P-FITZ98
    from Spokane,WA

Sorry, only pic i can find on my computer.I can take more if you want.Just figured out how to post pics.Its a cool little car.Removable 'glass body,live axle rr, dropped frnt. with wishbones and little coilovers,13hp, electric start,etc.I started with the body,built the frame with some 1x2 and went from there.A guy in Portland, OR makes the bodies.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011