Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any CROSLEYS HERE?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plodge55aqua, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Fro

Fro
    from Joplin Mo.

Last fall I bought two crosley motors, one stock and one race motor, it has a 1/4 inch strocker steel crank, .100 over bore, full race cam, wico mag, long tube header, 4 1bbl carbs, and was on alcohol, I dont really have any plans for the motor but I cant wait to hear it run.

2. 55chevr

55chevr

Attached Files:

3. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

Last year there was a sedan at Maxton with a St-8 Buick in it.

4. kkustomz

kkustomz
    from Texas

My neighbor has a bunch of them! They are really cool old mini cars! He told me they built them so small and narrow, so that they could fit two side by side in a storage container for shipping!

5. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

do you know the owner?

6. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I got a pic of a Crosley drag car that ran a 60HP Ford flathead and I was told ran 88mph at the end of the 1/8th mile.
    I will post it soon when I get back home from my road trip.

7. Model A Speedster

Model A Speedster

I had (operative word being HAD) a '48 Crosley Wagon that I used as a daily driver in the mid-to-late 70's. It looked like a refrigerator laying on its back. No power, used oil, a dickens to stop (cable operated drum brakes). It went away. I don't miss it. My Model A's are way better in comparison.

8. 41 C28

41 C28

My Crosley. Probably older than I am and runs a lot better.

Attached Files:

9. matthewsuckerpunch

matthewsuckerpunch
    from Austin TX

there were 2 at the round up this year. both from arkansas. i have pics ill post when i get all mine uploaded and put on photobucket.

10. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Well folks, as promised here is the Crosley drag car I was talking about.
    Not much to look at really, but seems it had a hell of a lot of history in its time as a giant killer.

Attached Files:

11. Joe Didio

Joe Didio

Here's a Crosley at Maxton, NC
    78 MPH

Attached Files:

• 042.jpg
      042.jpg
      File size:
      230.4 KB
      Views:
    • 043.jpg
      043.jpg
      File size:
      178.2 KB
      Views:
    • 055.jpg
      055.jpg
      File size:
      139.7 KB
      Views:
    • 056.jpg
      056.jpg
      File size:
      254.3 KB
      Views:
  12. I was told that this Crosley altered would run against my Fiat in 1966-1967 and there were alot of pictures taken of the pair at Da'Grove. Anyone know the car or who would have owned it?

I found this but the email is no longer active:

I am restoring a 1950 Crosley B/Altered and am looking for any info, pictures, 8mm movies or any other info pertaining to the car. The car was raced from 1963-1968 and was called the "Exterminator." It was sponsored by Edgewater Autoparts and had the number 27 B/Altered behind the rear wheels on the side of the car. The car was raced primarily in the Midwest such as Great Lakes Dragaway, US 30, and Rockford Dragaway. Besides being raced on the UDRA circuit, it was also shown at the 1964-1967 car shows that took place at Chicago's McCormick Place. The car started out in 1963, blue in color and then was changed to black from 1964-1966. In 1967 the car was painted purple and renamed "Psycho." My Email address is [email protected]. Any info pertaining to the "Exterminator "or the "Psycho" would be greatly appreciated! Thank You.

13. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

A few months ago I saw this engine at a Crosley auction. A bunch of us stood around looking at it and scratching our heads, trying to figure it out. I think it was a Crosley engine that was used as an outboard boat motor, mounted vertically, but I'm not sure. Anybody know?
    Also I once heard that Crosley was the first American production engine to make one horsepower per cubic inch. Truth or fiction? :confused:

Attached Files:

14. Foul

Foul

That is indeed the case. Fageol was one of the companies that owned the rights to the Crosley engine after Crosley quit building cars in 1952. Fageol used it mostly for outboard boat engines, calling it the Fageol 44 VIP (vertical inline power).

http://crosleyautoclub.com/EngineTree/Crosley_Eng_Tree-3.html

It stood out at the time for being one of the few (if not the only) four-cycle outboard boat engine.

dan

15. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Great information! Thank you.
    (so is it true about 1 hp per cubic inch?)

16. I think I would be all over that one my friend. They really need a tube chassis and the floor boards being gone just makes it easier to build. ;)

17. Foul

Foul

As Crosley built them, no. They were rated at 26.5hp and displaced 44 cubic inches. Fageol did some tweaks and advertised their 44 at 35hp carbureted, 45hp supercharged, but this had to have been in the latter half of the 1950s, after Chrysler got to 1hp per cube. Later versions enlarged to 59 cubic inches were rated at 55hp.

dan

18. yes, very well

19. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

January 1955 issue of "HOTROD" magazine features a miniature Ten Wheeler my Dad Built with a mixture of Handmade pieces and a Crosleyand a Ford Flathead V8- 60 HP, He built three of these over the years.I am including a picture taken with my camera of the Magazine Article.along with pictures of the third one He built using a Ford Courier Cab ,sectioned and Handmade Front Panel.So if you ever see an Old HOTROD Magazine with "Jack Webb" on the Cover.That Crosley Ten Wheeler is in it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  20. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

[​IMG]
    This guy is out of Paducah, KY. This little 51 has a wide array of parts, right down to Harley Davidson suspension!

21. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

22. inlinr6

inlinr6

My favorite;Merc powered.

Attached Files:

23. CH3NO2

CH3NO2

Just found a little Crosley wagon today sitting in a junkyard. Looks like it's coming home in the next few days. Lots of great pics in here, my wife is gonna hate you guys.

24. crosleykook

crosleykook
    from sackamento

West Coast Crosley Club Meet: Sept 10-11, Buellton, CA
    Thought I'd forward this note about the upcoming Crosley Club meet in Buellton, CA September 10-11:
    -----------
    As you read this, you may be considering whether to or not to attend the West Coast Group Annual Meet on September 10 and 11 in convenient and affordable Buellton, CA. The itinerary for 2011 is:
    Friday (9/9)
    – Informal registration at the Best Western/Pea Soup Anderson Hotel Gazebo – it’s BYO, and bring some snacks to share. Time to catch up on what the West Coast Crosley Family has been up to over the past year.
    Saturday (9/10)
    – 9:00: Meet starts at Riverview Park with Car Display, Swap Meet, and Crosley Store.
    -- Noon: Lunch will be served for those who pre-ordered.
    -- 1:30: The new Crosley Caper Cruz – a tin (block) spangled drive into Solvang will leave the Park.
    -- 3:00’ish: When the Cruz’ers return, the new and improved Giant Raffle will be held. We have some nice additions this year, contributed by Service Motors and Yankee Crosley Parts.
    -- 6:00: The Annual Banquet Business Meeting at the Firestone—Walker Top Room.
    Sunday (9/11)
    – 9:00: Brunch and good-byes at Ellen’s Pancake House.

No more pondering!! Come and join the fun!!
    if you have questions: call
    Rick Alexander, 619-787-1908

25. snaptwo

snaptwo

Jim Lytle is known to have stuffed a Poncho chassis under one , rear axle looked like it stuck out 3 feet on each side. He said that it was a wild ride and he should know---remember "Big Al" ?? --I started one a few years back ,51 wagon ,laid the A pillars back and took 2 inches out , stretched the nose 5" and ended up giving it to a young friend that wants to go to the lakes with it but it could end up on the strip.