Register now to get rid of these ads!

Urgent truck stolen at hotel austin texas urgent

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroded, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pulling coil wires and fuses are fine except if the thief is using one of the "quicker picker uppers" like the repo guys use. These are made for fast action. Nothing new, the thieves were using tow trucks in metro Detroit 40 years ago. It drew a lot less attention than somebody under the dash or the hood hot wiring it. And with fake magnetic signs and/or stolen license plates on the tow vehicle, untraceable. Don't put anything past a crook. If they really want it, they will get it. A soft target is preferred, the softer the better.

Alarms with pagers are a good idea too. One of the vehicle tracking systems like Lojak might be some help in a big metropolitan area, but with the border and the open areas, I don't know how good it would be in this situation. Now that OnStar has vehicle disabling along with tracking, maybe others in the aftermarket will market a similar system. I know it smacks of big brother, but again whatever tool works.

This is what deters me from making a cross country bike trip, leaving the bagger in a motel parking lot overnight. Even with the pager/alarm, it can be lifted by four guys with two pieces of pipe through the wheels, or a hard enough force on that wimpy H-D ignition switch/fork lock assembly.

2. moriarty

moriarty
    from Frisco, TX

I'll keep an eye out in the Dallas area... Bastards.

3. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Dude this sucks. Sorry to haear it again that someones ride is taken. Hope you can find it in one piece.

4. satan'schariot

satan'schariot

the really shitty thing is the cops don't care.they don't even try to stop this shit. we need to bring back the rope and the old hanging tree.I bet that would slow these punks down.

5. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Sorry to hear this. I had a daily stollen once.

6. big creep

big creep

lojack works over the border, my buddys truck was stolen in the san fernando valley. they found it in a garage just over the border. he got it back! im going lojack for sure.

7. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

wow...... we'll keep an Eye out in Houston!

8. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

same thing happened to me in texas..going to goodguys....something is amiss down there!!

9. Ontario55

Ontario55

I got your back in S.W Ontario

10. 23reotim

23reotim
    from arizona

security questioned you guys just for parking next to it, and yet some one was able to just mosey in and steal it. sound like they were watching the lot all right. hope you guys get it back. F!@#ing thiefs.

11. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

That sucks...best of luck in finding it. Everyone keep an eye out for white AD parts as well, It'd be a damn shame if they part that beautiful truck out

12. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

^^^ the sad part is this is whet most likley will happen....hope you find your truck....

13. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I'm so sorry Mike!

POS mother fuckers!! :mad::mad::mad:

14. Fuckin sucks totally!
    Hope you find it. Did you ask about cameras at the front desk? Ask the night security guys if they saw anything, get the manager to call them at home.

-Shiny

15. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

Sorry to hear this and hope it is recovered.

16. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Sorry, thieves suck.

I know this has been posted before but a extra cellphone with the gps enabled might be a good thing to throw in the trunk or under the seat. Battery will last a couple days, since your not using it for phone calls. I don't know how accurate they are but at least someone could tell which direction your stolen vehicle went.

Good luck I hope it turns up!!!

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

Maybe watching it... for the thieves. If the hotel is high-end, they probably have cameras, if the security guards didn't "adjust" them

18. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

this sucks.... BTT

19. Jim-Bob

Jim-Bob

Mike, we're all upset to heart about your truck, fingers crossed it will turn up...I second Kevin's hope the dirtbags that took it "fall down a LOT" before the cops get them!!!

20. TMoney

TMoney

I couldn't even imagine. Some one would lose a finger or 2 if I ever caught em.

21. subdajj

subdajj

That sucks hope you get your truck back

Joe

22. nutajunka

nutajunka

I think it's time to hook up a able/disable siren that would blow there ears off, with a hidden switch. They would'nt want to drive it very long blarring inside and out of the cab. :mad:

23. Makes my stomach turn. POS scum

24. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

I am sorry to hear about this. What the hell? I have to say, there would not be much left of the bastard to put in jail after I was done with him. Best of luck finding your truck.

Whoever said to bring back the rope and tree is spot on.

25. 49coupe

49coupe

Thefts up here are out of control too since they are not prosectued often. Most anti-theft devices only work if the thief trys to steal the car. Chances are they just drove up behind it and pulled it onto a flatbed. Other than a hidden GPS tracking device, there's not much you can do if these assholes decide they want your car.

I hope he's not like me and has a lower appraised value than the car is worth to save on insurance. Then it's a double whammy.

Good luck. I'll keep an eye out up here.

26. OLLIN

OLLIN

this freakin sucks. good luck man! BTT

nice truck. Hopefully if we get the word out fast you'll get it back in one piece!

27. mj40's

mj40's

I just sent a report to Hot Rod Hot Line's stolen vehicle section. Good Luck!

28. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

I'm sure it's been done, but make sure it wasn't towed for some reason...

29. Dude, how `bout trying to say something positive here instead? while it could be possible that it is, doesn't mean that the guy wants to fucking hear it right now.

30. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Sorry Mike. Hope they find it for you. Stu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.