Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration *****DAS Friday Art Show*****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buick59, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Its midnight on the east coat and I didnt see an art post yet so here I go. Im currently working on a coffee table photo book of abandoned old trucks. Here is an out take of truck I dont plan to use, I think it's a 51 Stude.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Cool Pic, I love the Green & Rust against the Blue Sky!

Guess It's 12:30 Eastern Time....I missed the show last week. Here is a sign design I did for a friends car lot. He liked the Harley Orange, and the Phillips 66 logo....This is what I came up with.

[​IMG]

Looks Like Im 2nd in both Art Show Threads!

3. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Cool pic, but not a Stude, looks more like a International Harvester to me not sure of the year

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. Mikey, your lens blows me away!

5. synthsis

synthsis

it's not the lens, it's how you use it. It's a great use of Mild HDR with some tone mapping. Nice shot, if that's an out take, I can't wait to see what made the cut.

6. RIDGERUNNERS C.C. car club logo for Johnny Maddox

[​IMG]

7. Chuck Carman

Chuck Carman

It's a holiday thing.

Attached Files:

8. And

And
    from Irvine, CA

I haven't posted in age's. To busy trying to get my Riv on the road. I'm down to wiring and glass though. Ya!

I check the Friday Night Art show every week and, as usual, always impressed.

Here's a quick painting I did trying out some new techniques.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  9. Finally have something pertinant to the Friday Art Show and wanted to join in. Week after week I sit in amazement at the talent on this site. Good on you all!
    I wanted to do something special for the placards I used for our local car show. It was the 50th anniversary show (longest running club operated rod and custom show in Canada I believe), so I hadda enter..! Anyway I did these toons of my cars to "spruce" my data boards up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Dave

10. GaryC.

GaryC.

Bare metal brothers.
    A polished aluminum Supermarine S5 Schneider Cup Air Racer of 1927
    and a not so shiny '30 pick-up.

Attached Files:

11. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Here's my 2 cents for the week...took a little time and just randomly drew whatever came to mind!

[​IMG]

12. T. Scott

T. Scott

aaa haaa !! and this
    [​IMG]

13. T. Scott

T. Scott

im on the wrong coast at the moment apparently but MAN THAT IS A SHOT !!! LOVE THE PIC!! the colors man

14. Pussies parked at the races..

Watercolour on hot paper

Attached Files:

15. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

[​IMG]

I live in a small town with plenty of fun side roads if you want to avoid nearby freeway traffic. One day while taking my 1964 Kellison Astra X-300GT out for a mostly legal spin, I passed an old green Model A Ford tudor sedan with no hood, no fenders and missing some windows going the other way at a mostly legal speed. The driver gave me a friendly wave as if to say "I like your car" but we sped past each other so fast neither one thought to stop and chat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Months later I was filling up the Kellison at our local 76 station and up pulls the old green Ford. The driver introduced himself as "Hot Rod Bob" and I liked him right away. He immediately noticed a few changes to my car since he last sped past it. Turns out he's got a bunch of cool old cars and lives the hot rodder life every day now that he's retired from civilian life. The old Ford is a 1930 Model A sedan powered by the Uniroyal Pontiac six driven by the 70's Uniroyal stunt team - Uni, Roy and Al. He built it himself and since he was going for a non-finished rough original hot rod look, it was roughly finished. Later, I saw him and his car at the Primer Nationals and I got some pictures of it. One was a reflection in the hubcap of the car next to his and as soon as I took it, I knew it belonged in another BOMONSTER scratchboard masterpiece.

It wasn't until I spotted another old classic at the Grand National Roadster Show that I was able to find a place for Hot Rod Bob's reflection. I found an unrestored 1932 Ford roadster with spoke wheels and loved the look of the original chassis and drum brakes. Since the reflection needed to be noticeable, I enlarged the 32's headlight and created "Hot Rod Bob's 30."

16. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Shot this a couple of weeks ago in my drive way...........
    [​IMG]

17. zombie

zombie

sweet start fellers, here is the next concept and style for rod & kulture. its a 57 lincoln with a few body mods. 16x20 colored pencil.

zombie

[​IMG]

18. Ah Zombie that's some freaky- fine gear right there.. Hot damn ..

Bomonster- really dig it.

Hotrd32- OMG ! ( sound of tongue dragging along ground..)

19. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

I havent posted anything in a while so heres some stripin
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. And

And
    from Irvine, CA

Zombie, your stuff is just so freak'n tight. Nice one.

21. cixpack

cixpack

Hello hambers!

Nothing HAMB related this week, sorry, but I still wanted to post something for the show!

[​IMG]

22. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

GREAT work this week, gang. Gary

23. cixpack

cixpack

And, this drawing is killing me :eek: ... Just excellent spontanity and brushwork!

AWESOME!

Some day I will draw as good as you... At least, I hope so... :D

24. Ahh, the friday artshow! I've been away for a while now and was not able to produce anything except for some drafts...who i work on nowadays. This are just some of them, almost done. Maybe more next friday. Oh yeah, great work here so far...

[​IMG]

Just another concept/custom...

[​IMG]

As the previous...

[​IMG]

Just for fun...

[​IMG]

A "poster" of my brothers band...

25. cixpack, nice challenger!

26. cixpack

cixpack

thanx phred ... When I see the visual power of your art, I know I still have a lot of work to do! :)

The four artworks you just posted are huge! What a style!

27. -DouG-

-DouG-

Wow! The amount of amazing talent seen here every friday is a big part of what inspires me to work on my own art. Thanks everyone.

Here's one of my clocks i'm working on. I guess it's '53 buick wagon inspired... the wood is padouk, maple and walnut. Speedometer is '53 Buick.
    5.5"w x 24"h
    It's 70mph past 20mph o'clock...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

28. lowshow

lowshow
    from CANADA

A meager offering from me this week...this show rules! Great work everyone, special shout out to DIRTYDAG...you are ruling it as usual, nice lines.:):) Sorry if I posted the chain guard for the vintage bike last week, I couldn't remember.:eek:

Attached Files:

29. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some nice work out there fellas, Zombie as usual your pencil(?) on black just blows my mind.:eek:
    I was thinking I might give it a go, well Ok, I did try it and discovered that I make too many mistakes to have that technique work for me.
    Much to my disgust what little talent I ever had has diminished over he years, who knew practice would help?:rolleyes::(

Doc.

30. RoscoeFink

RoscoeFink
    from Idaho

I painted a Bobber this week fpr a photographer, but as is the usual case whith photographers, he took more snapshots of me painting, than he did of the actual lines. Well no matter, I took the dough from that job and bought a Camera myself. - I just appreciate him sending me the pictures at all!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Photos and motorcycle belong to a Kat named Sky Flemming, go lay eyes on his work.
    http://wetwilllie.deviantart.com/
    http://skysphotoblog.blogspot.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.